Preview 2020 Round 11 Richmond vs Port - Adelaide Oval 4:35pm Sat 08/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I can't think of a worse day at the footy.
That north final I think was when my hatred of north was at peak, man I hated them!

However since then we’ve won 2 flags and they’ve won zip...don’t care enough about them to hate them these days. :)

Can’t shake the memory of just how bad he was in that horror final over in Adelaide.

I was re-living the shame of Chaplin being tackled in the goal square by Nahas during the 2015 EF on here just the other week.

Had his moments. The plane vs Port was one of them.

I watched Port for the first time this season last week, vs Bulldogs. They're playing good, fast footy. Strong opponent and a good test for us.

Really interested to see team selection. Whatever else happens, Astbury sounds like his still weeks away, so Balta gets the job on Dixon.

Can't wait!

Yep. I can't think of a worse day at the footy.

The Melbourne game after Tommy Hafey died. I will never forgive the club for that inept performance.

Hi all, just popping in to say I am hoping for a great game. You guys are deep and have such a good system, sometimes it feels like you could put anyone in your positions and play well. We are ok, we are very good when we get our share of the middle and vanilla to poor when we lose it. Our backline is solid and even but we find it hard to transition the length of the ground.

We will be trying 2 rucks for the first time this year.

Any ideas on how to stop Dusty please email k.hinkley@gmail.com

Was ******* pathetic

I have never been more angrier in my life than after that game. And man, i have witnessed some bad games supporting Richmond. But that one. That was the worst.

Hi all, just popping in to say I am hoping for a great game. You guys are deep and have such a good system, sometimes it feels like you could put anyone in your positions and play well. We are ok, we are very good when we get our share of the middle and vanilla to poor when we lose it. Our backline is solid and even but we find it hard to transition the length of the ground.

We will be trying 2 rucks for the first time this year.

Any ideas on how to stop Dusty please email k.hinkley@gmail.com

Jump in the game day thread mate - happy to have you

I have never been more angrier in my life than after that game. And man, i have witnessed some bad games supporting Richmond. But that one. That was the worst.

Round 6 2007. Tommy Hafey game.

Two games that are seared in my memory. Can actually remember the entire day for both. Not good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haven't seen Port this year , going by reports they are playing fast footy it might be back to the early days of Hinkley

load up with young fast guys and play sling shot style game

it works to a point and gets you some spectacular wins along the way

the issue Port (and Crows have to deal with) being a mad AFL town and only two teams
when one is doing well they have so many people and the media back slapping them and blowing smoke up their arse
they cant help but get ahead of themselves

in 2017 when we were getting our s**t together , Port were cruising along , won 8 from 14 and they had chalked up win 9 us in Adelaide , Top 4 beckoning
memories of the finals there , our spanking by Adelaide over there earlier that year , our 2016
the media would have told them , you just have to turn up ...

they were shocked and devo at the loss , it was like they had lost to Gold Coast or Essendon in their drug penalty year
before and during the game they had a real swagger , crunch time , they'd got ahead of themselves

that wont happen this year , they might get ahead of themselves with some other clubs but not us , we are the bench mark and they will have studied us in detail

they know to win a flag you'll have to beat us somewhere along the line

the good thing is they'll show their hand with tactics now , a bit like the Saints , and we'll know what to expect come finals

when Collingwood played fast footy in 2018 they did trouble us

but if they hesitate in the slightest our defence will stiffle them just like GWS , Dog & Lions have felt in the past 3 games

Tigers by 24 +

The Melbourne game after Tommy Hafey died. I will never forgive the club for that inept performance.
My Tiger mate and I tried to decipher a furious drunken mistyped text that I sent him towards the end of that match.
All I remember is it including:
" Made Jack *en Watts look like a star"

This is the game that I didn’t really care about earlier on (given we have a 4-day break) but now that Collingwood and St Kilda won we need to keep winning. West Coast plays Carlton, Hawthorn and GWS in their next 4 games and I’d imagine that they win all of those. Collingwood have Adelaide next week and can potentially improve their percentage by a lot. Also, St Kilda play Geelong and Brisbane so winning this one will give us the ability to leapfrog one of Brisbane or St Kilda (should we beat GC and Essendon like expected).

Our players are very fit and are capable of going to Adelaide on the back of a 4-day break and playing out the game IMO. Hence, I think that we should play our strongest side (minus Cotchin who’s likely going to be managed).

unless you draw a game, Collingwood's percentage is none of your concern. their effecively 1 game ahead or behind you because of that draw - percentage means zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back