Preview 2020 Round 11 Richmond vs Port - Adelaide Oval 4:35pm Sat 08/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butler was playing poorly and was very down on confidence in 2019. But he's still one that we got wrong. We develop most players very well but unfortunately we didn't get the most out of his talent.

He was always a guy that had all the tools it just had to click for him. He's a much better player and with a higher ceiling than Rioli and Castagna.

Doesn't matter much now, we usually get them right but we have let go of a good player imo.
This is just my opinion and I’m not saying it is fact, but I think it is more to do with Butler’s style of play suiting St Kilda well than our mismanagement. In order to fit in our team, there is a certain defensive mindset and style that you have to commit to. St Kilda play more of an offensive style that allows offensive player to play a freewheeling brand and kick goals from the goalsquare.

I thought that Butler was more of an offensive player as of the last two years. It seems that he needs to be able to play with a certain flair and freedom that the style of St Kilda allows. I think that’s why he didn’t perform with us and is performing at St Kilda. Some of the things he does at St Kilda simply didn’t work at Richmond IMO but I’m glad to see he’s doing so well. He’s absolutely destroying it at St Kilda and is currently one of the best forwards on the league.

The one that would be disappointed probably would be Carlton. He would have been great for them.

This is just my opinion and I’m not saying it is fact, but I think it is more to do with Butler’s style of play suiting St Kilda well than our mismanagement. In order to fit in our team, there is a certain defensive mindset and style that you have to commit to. St Kilda play more of an offensive style that allows offensive player to play a freewheeling brand and kick goals from the goalsquare.

I thought that Butler was more of an offensive player as of the last two years. It seems that he needs to be able to play with a certain flair and freedom that the style of St Kilda allows. I think that’s why he didn’t perform with us and is performing at St Kilda. Some of the things he does at St Kilda simply didn’t work at Richmond IMO but I’m glad to see he’s doing so well. He’s absolutely destroying it at St Kilda and is currently one of the best forwards on the league.

The one that would be disappointed probably would be Carlton. He would have been great for them.
I like Butler and said he'd improve the Saints for sure, but SK have basically structured their forward line around him as their most dangerous option.

That would never have happened under Hardwick.

This game will probably be a hard one. I think a loss is more likely, but Richmond have been exceeding my expectations performance wise since the hub started. Also, I don’t think we can drop too many games if we want top 4 so this is one that we may need to win come the end of the season. Hopefully we perform well.

Like for like being higgins and rioli struggling. ?
You could say that yes.lol
But i think higgo has lost a yard and for a bloke of his pace it might as well be 10 yards.
He's not the same Higgins.
Rioli is struggling but Rioli has never been a huge disposal player whereas Higgo is expected to be late teens early 20's type.
Lets hope Rioli fires up.

also us flying up on the morning of gameday is a huge disadvantage. 3 hour trip sitting in a plane while port lie on their couches in their heated homes
Agree.We should've driven over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we maintain our workrate of the last 3-4 games, and take our chances, we will be too strong for Port. They're an average team, in my opinion. I don't think they're any better than what they were last year. It all depends on our guys. Switched on, we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back