Autopsy 2020 Round 13 - Freo (50) DEF Swans (19)

Remove this Banner Ad

Also for a tall forward at the Swans you don't get the ball coming in quick and your always against 2 defenders. Also because we only had 5 forwards and when it came off hands in the forward line they always had 2 smalls loose on the fat side and took it away . Where were Wicks, Foot etc ?

the odd good moment mostly useless
ditto bell, what role is bell even in the side for?

hayward is a bigger concern, the others are learning i guess, even blakey is too, but hayward is just a passenger too often

lowest score since we moved to sydney, though short quarters

but still only conceded 50, broader speaking the game has far too many of these low scoring slogs that are basically a flogging but even the dominant team barely scores

modern coaching has made the game pretty dull

but still only conceded 50, broader speaking the game has far too many of these low scoring slogs that are basically a flogging but even the dominant team barely scores

Modern drafting is more to blame than modern coaching imo

Tell me that 13 Hawks or 06 Eagles wouldn't have cut up Freo with elite footskill last night

Tell me that 13 Hawks or 06 Eagles wouldn't have cut up Freo with elite footskill last night
They wouldn't have.
Theres a reason why coaches rule right now, and it's because structure makes it so much harder to score heavily.
13 Hawks probably would of won, but 06 eagles would of lost imo.

06 Eagles are an era before

i meant more the last 5 years or so sorry we have gotten into a bad patch more and more. umpiring is awful, rules a mess and too many teams i think

or im just grumpy

And if it wasn't for poor kicking 3 games would have been blow outs

I'm not sure where me saying Rowbottom and Florent struggled with the physicality of Fyfe and Mundy....suddenly became 'Rowbottom did poorly and should be traded'.....

...but that's internet forums I guess.....🙄

Haha nah it was a fair point, clearly their midfield was well on top and it's not a good thing that our best mid was an under-sized teenager. I just thought you might've been underselling how good he actually went in there. There were times where Fyfe and Mundy looked too big and too strong, but then there were times where he more than held his own against those two.

Haha nah it was a fair point, clearly their midfield was well on top and it's not a good thing that our best mid was an under-sized teenager. I just thought you might've been underselling how good he actually went in there. There were times where Fyfe and Mundy looked too big and too strong, but then there were times where he more than held his own against those two.

I'm just isolating out a few instances where a bigger stronger player than Florent or RB might gave stripped the ball or kept it in. Kennedy's best asset was his tackling..we've been missing it..

I'm just isolating out a few instances where a bigger stronger player than Florent or RB might gave stripped the ball or kept it in. Kennedy's best asset was his tackling..we've been missing it..

Yep, the limbo phase of our midfield strikes again. We are stuck between two veterans who give us virtually nothing by way of athleticism or pace (or composure for that matter) and two youngsters, who can't yet impact games regularly enough with their physical presence (I'm not sure Florent has as much leniency here as a fourth year player.)

All the while with a ruck who battles his heart out but can barely win a clean tap to save his life.

= midfield thrashings on the regular.

Yep, the limbo phase of our midfield strikes again. We are stuck between two veterans who give us virtually nothing by way of athleticism or pace (or composure for that matter) and two youngsters, who can't yet impact games regularly enough with their physical presence (I'm not sure Florent has as much leniency here as a fourth year player.)

All the while with a ruck who battles his heart out but can barely win a clean tap to save his life.

= midfield thrashings on the regular.

Sad but pretty much all true...although Sincs physicality helps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

happy overall with season 2020 considering list profile, injuries, expectations etc?

Not really i think the most disappointing aspect is Gray, Taylor not being best 22 for a side that sits on 4 wins, they still have time to turn it around tho.

I generally think the shorter quarters have benefited us and saved us from a few blowouts.

GWS win as the obvious highlight along with Rowbottom development and small signs from Fox who may become a serviceable defender.

I think its about on par really considering all hope we finish out the season strongly.

buddy out for year,

but you said he would play bedford

That might be a bit of a laugh but what is more farcical is the 6 week injury. This club are either the biggest liars to draw breath or the most incompetent pack of ****wits charged with the responsibility of looking after high class professional athletes. Sick of their ****ing bullshit to be honest. I could not give a **** about anyone else but I for one think the way they treat supporters with this type of bullshit treatment is ****ing disgraceful. If he had a setback during the rehab say it. If he is unsure of playing say it. If he and his body are cooked say it. Why the **** carry the charade through the whole year ? Why the ****ing cloak and dagger then just come out and say it ? Do these ****wits think preserving him into next year is going to wind back the clock on him ? 25 ****ing years straight I have stumped up cash for my membership which for the past 15 has been 1k plus and other s**t and in a year where I had the choice not to pay I tipped in again. For what ? To be treated like a ****ing dill. They need a serious ****ing makeover this club with their PR and treatment of their supporters in general especially the treatment of the ****ing foundation supporters of their ****ing club. Oh ! and if people on here are wondering about what the foundation supporters mean ? Its the ****ing Melbourne based supporters. I'm with Tedeski the ****ing jigs up.

Thats fine but they have a 6 month old child and his wife has numerous posts on IG we miss daddy.

maybe the kids a s**t sleeper

buddys like sorry babe gotta go

That might be a bit of a laugh but what is more farcical is the 6 week injury. This club are either the biggest liars to draw breath or the most incompetent pack of ****wits charged with the responsibility of looking after high class professional athletes. Sick of their ****ing bullshit to be honest. I could not give a **** about anyone else but I for one think the way they treat supporters with this type of bullshit treatment is ****ing disgraceful. If he had a setback during the rehab say it. If he is unsure of playing say it. If he and his body are cooked say it. Why the **** carry the charade through the whole year ? Why the ****ing cloak and dagger then just come out and say it ? Do these ****wits think preserving him into next year is going to wind back the clock on him ? 25 ****ing years straight I have stumped up cash for my membership which for the past 15 has been 1k plus and other sh*t and in a year where I had the choice not to pay I tipped in again. For what ? To be treated like a ****ing dill. They need a serious ****ing makeover this club with their PR and treatment of their supporters in general especially the treatment of the ****ing foundation supporters of their ****ing club. Oh ! and if people on here are wondering about what the foundation supporters mean ? Its the ****ing Melbourne based supporters. I'm with Tedeski the ****ing jigs up.

mate its been 2 years of bs around buddy aa far as im concerned

was fit as a fiddle pre season apparently, he gets injured sneezing now, but they played him to draw crowds etc when half fit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back