2020 Round 18 - AFLTM Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final: Geelong vs St Kilda Titans

Rolling lockout in place:
North Melbourne and West Coast players to be selected as starting 18 or interchange by 7:10PM AEST Thursday September 17.
St Kilda and GWS players to be selected as starting 18 or interchange by 7:50PM AEST Friday September 18.
Essendon, Melbourne, Adelaide, Richmond, Brisbane and Carlton players to be selected as starting 18 or interchange by 2:10PM AEST Saturday September 19.
Hawthorn, Gold Coast, Sydney, Geelong, Fremantle and Western Bulldogs players to be selected as starting 18 or interchange by 1:05PM AEST Sunday September 20.

18+7 due 7:15PM AEST Monday September 21.

Captain and vice-captain to be named. In case of a draw, highest captain score wins. If still tied then highest vice captain score wins, then highest team on the ladder.

All the best ShaunDuggan

Keeping my fingers crossed your team doesn't put up a similar score to last week, if not it'll be game over for my lot!

Best of luck to yourself as well, you have a lot more quality so I'm tipping they will all smash it this week ;)

Geelong Football Club

Starting 18: Lachie Whitfield, Zac Williams, Jake Riccardi, Jack Billings, Josh Battle
Interchange:

Geelong Football Club

Starting 18: Lachie Whitfield, Zac Williams, Jake Riccardi, Jack Billings, Josh Battle, Brodie Smith, Sam Walsh
Interchange: Jake Lever, Harry McKay, Sam Petrevski-Seton

StKilda Titans

B: L.Duggan - D.Grimes - B.Sheppard
HB: H.Perryman - A.Keath - D.Rich
C: A.Gaff - C.Oliver (c) - S.Pendlebury
HF: D.Smith - D.McStay - O.Florent
F: R.Lobb - C.Dixon - T.Papley
R: N.Naitanui - B.Crouch (vc) - T.Rockliff
INT: E.Himmleberg - J.Kelly - A.Tomlinson - J.Stringer - T.Scully - L.Bruest

Naming my side now just in case BF crashes again and I can't name my team properly, will monitor the ins and outs throughout the weekend.

Geelong Football Club

Starting 18: Lachie Whitfield, Zac Williams, Jake Riccardi, Jack Billings, Josh Battle, Brodie Smith, Sam Walsh, Bailey Williams, Luke Ryan, Nat Fyfe, Mitch Duncan, Jordan Dawson, Aaron Naughton, Patrick Dangerfield, Marcus Bontempelli, Joel Selwood

Interchange: Jake Lever, Harry McKay, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Gryan Miers, Justin McInerney

Geelong Football Club

B: Bailey Williams - Josh Battle - John Noble
HB: Brodie Smith - Luke Ryan - Zac Williams
C: Sam Walsh - Nat Fyfe - Mitch Duncan
HF: Lachie Whitfield (C) - Jake Riccardi - Jack Billings
F: Jordan Dawson - Aaron Naughton - Patrick Dangerfield (VC)

R: Brodie Grundy - Marcus Bontempelli - Joel Selwood

Interchange: Jake Lever - Sam Petrevski-Seton - Justin McInerney - Gryan Miers - Harry McKay - Peter Ladhams - Will Hoskin-Elliott

Noble and Grundy VS Rockliff, Dixon and Pendlebury, I think Geelong has a lead of 68, will go down to the wire.

Have to admit, 2 v 3 doesn't bode well for me. Probably needed a much bigger lead heading into the final game day.

Fully expecting the Fantasy Pig Rockliff to remove all suspense and kill this match-up off with a score of 120+!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noble and Grundy VS Rockliff, Dixon and Pendlebury, I think Geelong has a lead of 68, will go down to the wire.
Yup, it's a close one! Have been tracking the scores most of the week.

A big 110+ score from one of Grundy or Rockliff could be the difference between winning and losing.

Dixon will either score 90 or 20, Pig and Pendles are 2 handy guys to have up my sleeve though, but Grundy is well overdue for a big one.

Good luck.

Grand Final Result
Geelong (1231) defeated by St Kilda Titans (1254)
Geelong (1231)

Lachie Whitfield - 113
Brodie Grundy - 92
Luke Ryan - 91
Nathan Fyfe - 90
Patrick Dangerfield - 90
Marcus Bontempelli - 83
Jordan Dawson - 80
Sam Walsh - 77
Brodie Smith - 72
Joel Selwood - 68
Mitchell Duncan - 66
Bailey Williams - 62
Jake Riccardi - 56
Jack Billings - 53
Zachary Williams - 51
John Noble - 46
Josh Battle - 26
Aaron Naughton - 15
Interchange
Jake Lever - 83
Sam Petrevski-Seton - 77
Justin McInerney - 74
Gryan Miers - 62
Harry McKay - 57
Will Hoskin-Elliott - 38
Peter Ladhams - 28

St Kilda Titans (1254)
Tom Rockliff - 105
Harry Perryman - 90
Andrew Gaff - 89
Daniel Rich - 84
Scott Pendlebury - 84
Brad Crouch - 81
Tom Papley - 79
Bradley Sheppard - 77
Nicholas Naitanui - 77
Liam Duggan - 76
Clayton Oliver - 69
Oliver Florent - 62
Devon Smith - 60
Rory Lobb - 52
Alex Keath - 49
Dylan Grimes - 48
Charlie Dixon - 40
Daniel McStay - 32
Interchange
Luke Breust - 65
Adam Tomlinson - 61
Jake Kelly - 59
Jake Stringer - 53
Elliott Himmelberg - 51
Tom Scully - 0

Grand Final BOG awarded to Lachie Whitfield of Geelong for his score of 113.

Congratulations to our AFLTM 2020 Premiership coach ShaunDuggan of the St Kilda Titans!

Commiserations to our runner up GeeCat but well done on another fantastic season.

Congratulations ShaunDuggan, well played. St Kilda delivered when it mattered most by producing the two highest scores of the finals, so you can’t argue that this wasn’t well deserved!

Kicking myself that I went with Battle over Lever after umming and ahhing over it until the last minute. Becoming a bit all too much like the real Geelong of recent years who can’t quite get over the final hump!

Thanks again to fightingfury_88 for managing a crazy, but ultimately successful season. Looking forward to the off-season!

Thanks GeeCat , you looked like you had it after that first half, I'm lucky Titans stalwart Pendles and the Pig Rockliff came up big.

Finally snared one after 10 seasons.

Thanks fightingfury_88 for the hard work put into it all, this year has certainly had its challenges but you have done a great job.

Now the real stuff begins, best part of the year ;)

Well done ShaunDuggan deserving winner and of course GeeCat for being the standout team most of the year. Certainly the benchmark for a long time.

Most of all well done to fightingfury_88 for running a competition that was incredibly difficult to organise, monitor and keep everyone honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back