Preview 2020 Round 3 Richmond v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's why it's annoying they made Ross drop weight and train as a flanker. The guy is/was a brick who played some awesome footy through the middle for us when we were injury-depleted. Smacks of Hardwick 2016 and before when he was obsessed with training guys off half-back and then never stopped picking Taylor Hunt... Ah well.
Look, I get the flexibility thing and teaching kids how to play a variety of positions is good for their development. But it is frustrating when you see a good player dropped after a poor run being played out of position. Graham is our go to guy for shutdowns. But we don't DO a lot of shutdowns (for once could we shut down Steele Sidearse - the gf would be a good place to start if ever) so at times his value is limited. If anything play him as a defensive tackling forward. He no winger.

I think because of this he will always be fringe 22.

Just on Stack, he took a while to get going once switched to defence but he looked a lot better and more creative running at the ball from behind. To me he's a naturally attacking defender in the mould of Bashar. You're going to get the odd clanger but plenty of dash and creativity out of defence.

Watch him get thrown forward this week ! Lol

Bah. What the hell do I know hehe

So, is Rioli Dimma's favourite or not ?

So, is Graham Dimma's favourite or not ?

For those pushing these silly barrows, give it a rest now pa-leassse.

Dimma's favourite is Mrs Hardwick and if you dont know that by now give it away.
Dusty is his fave. Didn't make him come back through the 2's.

Good to see an actual winger back in McIntosh. Graham on a wing just doesn’t work, he’s an inside mid.
Yep. Play players in their best positions. That what you recruit them for. Fine to have a few strings to your bow but you're right, Graham's best games have been as a shut down mid who scores the other way.
Yeah, it's why it's annoying they made Ross drop weight and train as a flanker. The guy is/was a brick who played some awesome footy through the middle for us when we were injury-depleted. Smacks of Hardwick 2016 and before when he was obsessed with training guys off half-back and then never stopped picking Taylor Hunt... Ah well.
Yes - yes and a massive yes re. Jack Ross - we are not great at centre clearances, especially early in games.
This is Jack Ross's speciality.

Can’t see him ever being that outside distributor, hopefully Naish/Turner/Egg become that type.

Get him onto the protein shakes so he can find that 8kg he lost and back to the role we recruited him to play

I just checked the stats and I was shocked to see that we have laid only 14 tackles inside 50 year. That’s less than 5 tackles inside 50 per game. No wonder we’re not scoring! We laid more than that in the QF against Brisbane alone (18 tackles inside 50).

Either the pressure game needs to come back or we need to be more slick with our ball movement.

Have you seen graham this year???
graham has definitely been ass the last 2 weeks (2 tackles total, can't remember rd1, was years ago) but there was an article outlining that he's played like 77% of his time on the wing. graham doesn't belong on a wing, he needs to be in the centre or in the 2s

St Kilda seem a bit tall and that concerns me a little. Given that it’s Marvel and not the wider MCG, it would work for them well if they dominate aerially and we don’t apply enough pressure again.

Their contested work isn’t all that better than ours, so we need to at least even up in the midfield. The way we can win this from there is applying frenetic pressure and playing the game at a fast pace in my opinion because it will force them to turn over the ball as they aren’t the best disposers of the ball.

graham has definitely been ass the last 2 weeks (2 tackles total, can't remember rd1, was years ago) but there was an article outlining that he's played like 77% of his time on the wing. graham doesn't belong on a wing, he needs to be in the centre or in the 2s
It’s strange why he was put on the wing. I don’t see him as a winger, so it wasn’t the best move by the club.

Watching the Pies and Giants... I know we haven't been amazing of late, but I just get this feeling our best is still the best there is at the moment...

Don't get me wrong, plenty of sides in it that are good enough, Pies not least of all, but I just think if we click well enough we're still gonna be the best side and style going around. Hope we can get into gear tomorrow.

Ps. Anyone seen Butler's supercoach average? Wtf was he doing for us most of the time?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s strange why he was put on the wing. I don’t see him as a winger, so it wasn’t the best move by the club.
Makes sense to me. Early in the year, blokes minutes and shoulder are being managed on the fly by the Club, Jack needs to get another string to his bow..... we all know that. If he can't play at least 2 positions/roles he probably won't be getting a game. Dimma has rightly lost his patience with him.

Lack of footy smarts has cost him and so it should, running into Higgo when he was marking the ball (should have protected him) was reason enough for him to have a rest. There were several dumb free kicks that he gave away as well.
we need to grab a dedicated ruckman.
we seriously need a few (ross) to step up as a bull ball winning mid too.

Are you cooked ? We are not Adelaide mate , if we have a chance for a flag we go for it
You think these senior guys would like the fact that we will waste a year and not go for a flag ?
* me dead. You gonna get 2020 Premiers* tattooed on your arm if we win the Covid Cup this year? The 2020 season is a complete farce. I'm not saying throw games but why wear out our veteran players (who largely look cooked anyway) when we can pump some serious game time into the next generation?

fu** me dead. You gonna get 2020 Premiers* tattooed on your arm if we win the Covid Cup this year? The 2020 season is a complete farce. I'm not saying throw games but why wear out our veteran players (who largely look cooked anyway) when we can pump some serious game time into the next generation?
Lol so rest our veterans when they are paid the big bucks to perform. Hey dusty I know we are paying you 1.1 mil a year but like can you not play for the year so Riley Collier dawkins can take your spot ? Cheers

You play all the kids you're basically asking to throw games mate. And giving these guys a year off is gonna make it even worse, you saw how they came back after a few months off , you really think these guys will take it well ? Use your brain cmon

A flag is a flag , and going back to back is even more rare. So no we are not gonna do an Adelaide, go barrack for them

To many sides have gone down the play the kids and have it amount to nothing. I’m still bitter about how many crap seasons I have sat through and want to win as many games as we can even in this coved circus lighting premiership season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back