Position 2020 Rucks

What is your Ruck lineup?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at Grundy with O'Brien. Preuss has stripped a lot of weight and Melbourne looking at playing both Rucks to help with forward issues.

Looking at Grundy with O'Brien. Preuss has stripped a lot of weight and Melbourne looking at playing both Rucks to help with forward issues.
Last year the winning move was to start Gawndy.
This year the rucks could be all the difference.
A Lycett NicNat ROB Goldy R1&2 combo makes for a tasty team everywhere else.

Last year the winning move was to start Gawndy.
This year the rucks could be all the difference.
A Lycett NicNat ROB Goldy R1&2 combo makes for a tasty team everywhere else.

Everywhere else maybe

Rucks - just crap tho (and your e removing the two great VC options)

That's what they said this time last year, before Gawn went on to be the #2 average scoring SuperCoach player in the comp. You don't pull one of the best players in the comp out of their ideal position to accomodate a VFL player rejected from another AFL club. Preuss might pinch hit instead of TMac, but he won't be taking any of Gawn's time IMO.

That's what they said this time last year, before Gawn went on to be the #2 average scoring SuperCoach player in the comp. You don't pull one of the best players in the comp out of their ideal position to accomodate a VFL player rejected from another AFL club. Preuss might pinch hit instead of TMac, but he won't be taking any of Gawn's time IMO.

The pre season matches will be a the indicator for me. I like O'Brien though and he's a lot cheaper. Lycett is good but Hinkley keeps buggering around with him

The pre season matches will be a the indicator for me. I like O'Brien though and he's a lot cheaper. Lycett is good but Hinkley keeps buggering around with him
Preseason matches are absolute fools gold. Coaches try different things. I've seen many SCers (myself included) sucked in right royally by preseason matches. Make your judgments based on what happened in Season 2019 proper.

Yeah, the Dees aren't going to be taking their best player away for the spot he excels in to give some plonker a decent go, just because he's on the list.

Preseason matches are absolute fools gold. Coaches try different things. I've seen many SCers (myself included) sucked in right royally by preseason matches. Make your judgments based on what happened in Season 2019 proper.

Sum of many parts for me. Never work on one piece of evidence 👍

Scored 90 in 4/5 games last year with just over 50% game time. Based on that, he'll score 135's with 75% game time which is conservative, probably more up around 85% if he's truely fit because he used to rest up forward and kick a few goals rather than being benched.

West Coast have a great midfield now and have won a flag. When he was previously playing full seasons their midfield wasn't all that great. HTA greatly helped by a decent midfield.

Gawn and Grundy average 130.

Nic Nat hasn't scored a 130+ since round 6, 2016.

Gawn and Grundy average 130.

Nic Nat hasn't scored a 130+ since round 6, 2016.
That's why he's 250k cheaper. He'll make 150k before being upgraded to Gawn or Grundy. Many will select Rookies that pump out 50's and 60's in order to make the same amount of money. May as well take NN scoring 110+ and make the same cash :thumbsu:

Haha Preuss is a ******* lemon.

We had this discussion last year, and every single person who ignored the Preuss smell and started Gawn was better off for it.

Besides, as if they'd play that spud when they're likely going to be pumping games into Jackson. Jackson giving Gawn a chop out seems more likely to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whichever one you can Captain loop the easiest looking at your donut and the draw :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

While we're on the subject of ******* potatoes.

Who are the rookie rucks who might get a game this year?

Williams for WCE who is bizzarely a DEF? Chol/Balta who are a bit pricey?
Anyone actually rookie priced?

I usually try to run a playing 3rd ruck.

Sam Hayes.

With Ryder gone I think he has a good chance of playing in 2020. And if Lycett gets injured he could be the ROB for this year.

This is the way.

Back