Position 2020 Rucks

What is your Ruck lineup?

• Total voters
The only one I think who could possibly get a game is Jordan Sweet(WB) they only have English as the No1 ruck so if he goes down or even if they decide to play 2 rucks he might get a go.

If English goes down the Trengove probably Rucks - cant see Sweet getting a senior game this year.
No chance Bevo plays 2 rucks - he'd rather use Dunkley and Jong as rucks than play slow plodders.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Does Lycett has any competition for his spot with Ryder gone? Surely he is sole ruck now?
I dead set want to pick him but I can't make the spare change between him and Gawn work for me. It's almost pointless. Plus Hinkley is a * knuckle.
Next year when Port have a new coach I'll jump on

Last edited:
I dead set want to pick him but I can't make the spare change between him and Hawn work for me. It's almost pointless. Plus Hinkley is a fu** knuckle.

Hinkley will be gone by rnd 3. Get on board!

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Had a bit of a look.

Grawndy can be looped for 20 out of 23 games, with one being their bye, the other when they play each other, and the last one for the round 23 WTF knows fixture.

Charlie Comden Ruc/Fwd can be used as the C in 19 of those 20 games.

That's 3 places absolutely locked for me.

May 4, 2015
South-East Melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nuggets, Giants, Arsenal
Had a bit of a look.

Grawndy can be looped for 20 out of 23 games, with one being their bye, the other when they play each other, and the last one for the round 23 WTF knows fixture.

Charlie Comden Ruc/Fwd can be used as the C in 19 of those 20 games.

That's 3 places absolutely locked for me.
Yep was just about to post this.

Gawndy and Comben lockity lock.

May 4, 2015
South-East Melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nuggets, Giants, Arsenal
Yes we know that but you still need a player on the bench if you can get one that plays then it's a bonus. Remember Reilly O'Brien last year and was more than handy during the bye rounds as well.
There is only one king RoB. Always value a non player in the ruck, very rarely do any rookie price rucks play enough to be worthwhile. Gawndy VC loop into Comben is a :padlock:

I dead set want to pick him but I can't make the spare change between him and Hawn work for me. It's almost pointless. Plus Hinkley is a fu** knuckle.
You should always pay extra if it gets you a good Hawn.

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This thread is pointless. Gawndy. Goodbye.

If a large proportion of serious coaches go with Gawn and Grundy then you reach a point where it's really worth considering a flyer on someone else. Then you hope the one you don't pick goes down injured in a game or has a real bad start to the season. Ultimate POD.

Supercoach is a game of risks and many coaches forget that buying a super premo player who is priced at their maximum output can be just as risky as not starting with them.

In favour of starting both is the c/vc benefit.

Plenty to discuss for mine.

If a large proportion of serious coaches go with Gawn and Grundy then you reach a point where it's really worth considering a flyer on someone else. Then you hope the one you don't pick goes down injured in a game or has a real bad start to the season. Ultimate POD.

Supercoach is a game of risks and many coaches forget that buying a super premo player who is priced at their maximum output can be just as risky as not starting with them.

Also in favour of Gawn and Grundy is their longevity and their consistency so betting on one of them to fade isn't good odds. Gawn's missed 1 of 44 in the last two seasons and averaged 125 over the period, Grundy hasn't missed any and averaged 130. Yeah, Gawn's 2017 was pretty s**t with his hamstring but who are the alternatives we're looking at? Nic Nat? Marshall who plays for a club that went big at Paddy Ryder? ROB whose best has been 95?

May 4, 2015
South-East Melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nuggets, Giants, Arsenal

Take your risks elsewhere, not in the Ruck when there are two perfectly fine options.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

Lycett is the only ruck who is guaranteed sole ruck and in the prime age bracket for a SP ruck. Plus he has posted some monster SP scores 150+
BUT
IMG_20200115_212640.jpg

Every other ruck is too young, has competition as number one ruck, has never posted a true SP score, has only one year of averaging over 90 or is too old or injury prone.

Plus with such good cheap rookies like Pickett and Rankine plus midprice top 10 for their position players like Devon and Doch there's no reason not to just lock in Gawndy and their juicy VC scores.

Does Lycett has any competition for his spot with Ryder gone? Surely he is sole ruck now?

Don't count out Ladhams or Hayes. One or both will be getting at least a few games this year, and at best one of them could take Ryder's spot in the side and become a regular.

That said, in the one game Lycett and Ladhams have played together previously Scotty put up a lazy 165, so it might not matter.

Last edited:
Back