What is your Ruck lineup?

• Total voters
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ceglar is a massive spud
giphy (1).gif

roos are missing a fwd/ruck player. Every chance he'll play.

As encouraged as I was to see Xerri showing good signs last night, I can't agree with the assessment. For a start, Brown and Ziebell come straight in to the forward line. More to the point, Tarrant will be at full back, releasing Majak to play 3rd defensive tall and relief ruck. Goldie has been sole ruck for years and in addition to Majak, Durdin and McKay - in the games they play - also fill the relief ruck role. And Brown and Larkey do it when the ruck contest is deep forward.

X will play first ruck if Goldie is injured, but I suspect he won't play many games with Goldie in the team.

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
I had thought the Grundy/Gawn combo was automatic, but I'm having doubts. It's interesting to note that post byes last season, (the most recent form guide), Goldy averaged 128 and Gawn averaged 127. The slight(?) injury setback to Gawn is another factor. Then there's the option coming out of left field … Sean Darcy. Appears set to be Freo's number 1 ruck this year with Sandilands retired and Lobb expected to become a full time key forward. Darcy could be this season's break-out value ruck. Would anyone take that gamble though. If it worked out it would free up over $200k which could mean an extra premo on another line.

I had thought the Grundy/Gawn combo was automatic, but I'm having doubts. It's interesting to note that post byes last season, (the most recent form guide), Goldy averaged 128 and Gawn averaged 127. The slight(?) injury setback to Gawn is another factor. Then there's the option coming out of left field … Sean Darcy. Appears set to be Freo's number 1 ruck this year with Sandilands retired and Lobb expected to become a full time key forward. Darcy could be this season's break-out value ruck. Would anyone take that gamble though. If it worked out it would free up over $200k which could mean an extra premo on another line.
Had a shoulder knock a couple of weeks back but Lobb stayed forward all intra-club so it looks like Darcy is the man.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Think Darcy is still injured or had a Shoulder op and has missed half of pre season

This Gawn debacle is killing me!

I currently have Marshall at R2 but if Gawn is good to go for Rd1 i am going to be chopping and changing my whole team to get him back in.

If you don't start with Max it will be just to hard to get him in i think if your R2 is doing ok which most will be except for if injury strikes or unless you go mega risky at R2 with a Nic Nat or Ceglar type option which could do anything!

Marshall should be everyones R2 if you are not taking Gawn with Grundy IMO.

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
Think Darcy is still injured or had a Shoulder op and has missed half of pre season
That's a shame but I guess if he's not fit to start season it might save me from myself. Certainly not an option if he doesn't play round 1.

Edit: It looks like he will play though. Word from Freo is that although he missed the intra-club game he did take part in a competitive training drill and will be playing in Freo's first Marsh match next weekend. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
This Gawn debacle is killing me!

I currently have Marshall at R2 but if Gawn is good to go for Rd1 i am going to be chopping and changing my whole team to get him back in.

If you don't start with Max it will be just to hard to get him in i think if your R2 is doing ok which most will be except for if injury strikes or unless you go mega risky at R2 with a Nic Nat or Ceglar type option which could do anything!

Marshall should be everyones R2 if you are not taking Gawn with Grundy IMO.
I will be sticking with Gawn unless he is not named Thursday night Round 1. Worst case if he is a late withdrawal then I will get Nic nat not the worst going around if he stays fit he is good for a 100+ average

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I will be sticking with Gawn unless he is not named Thursday night Round 1. Worst case if he is a late withdrawal then I will get Nic nat not the worst going around if he stays fit he is good for a 100+ average
this

BTW Ive already started planning by making teams NicNat R2

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks

No. Shoulder knock and held out of intraclub as a precaution. No surgery, has completed nearly all pre-season except the last two sessions.

Barring further complications should be fine.

Honestly wouldn't pick him though, in a weird price spot. Rather go someone cheaper if you want genuine value at R2

Last edited:
Back