2020 Rugby League Betting / Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

Was quickly having a look at the bookmakers betting margins for TAB, Sportsbet and Betfair. Sportsbet are giving the most competitive outright odds for NRL 2020 at the moment with a bookies margin of 17.615%. The other margins for the market at TAB are 19.54% and Betfair is 19.30%. You would expect with a bit more liquidity during the season Betfair margin to be close to around 1-2%.

Current Sportsbet odds:
Storm $5
Canberra $6
Eels, Roosters $7
Brisbane $9
Manly $10
Penrith $15
South Sydney $17
Newcastle, Cowboys $19
Cronulla $26
Tigers $51
St George $101
Bulldogs, Warriors $201
Gold Coast $251

Betfair liquidty on AFL and NRL futures was already appalling - can't see a 10% rake helping that

Alright I know nothing about NRL but there's nothing on tonight and I'll most likely watch due to craving live sports.

What's the best tips tonight, gents?

I remember Sivo first try getting me the chocolates a few times last year so have gone with that

Newbie question. What is the difference between a line listed as -2/-2.5 and a line just listed at -2.5 ?

Newbie question. What is the difference between a line listed as -2/-2.5 and a line just listed at -2.5 ?
-2 will mean money back with it’s a 2 point win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight:
2U on Nth Qld win @ $1.30

$20 Roosters win @ $2 (Neds promo)
$20 Rabbittohs win @ $3.30
Free hit on the Rabbittohs for a small profit, miniscule chance of getting paid out on both if Rabbittohs lead by 16 but Roosters come back to win.

I got on the Eels about a week ago at $2.02 and St George at $1.70 as well.

im not aware?
Have a look at any Asian handicap markets for football (world game) matches and you'll see not just half but quarterly goal increments listed. So -2.25 is an easier way to express -2.0/-2.5 which seems to be used in point spreads for leagues such as NRL and NFL. Obviously both are confusing to newcomers but it helps if you are already aware of one of the two formats.

So after round 3 I ended up $5 down over the round after having a piece of something on every game. Pretty happy with that result actually given I was a bit trigger happy and just wanted to watch and punt, and I'm only down because I got screwed in the Knights/Panthers draw from a dead heat that cost me money.

Believe it or not, that was the game I used a $50 bonus bet on the Knights, then arbed it into Panthers with another $50, guaranteed profit except the dead heat cost me both and only got a % back.

Dragons at $1.90, market has overreacted to their loss to the Warriors, that NZ squad was laser sharp and mentally primed and unified. Bulldogs lack talent, Dragons don't.

Cowboys at $ 1.58, Sharks still carrying some injuries and the Cowboys are going to be incredibly hard to beat in the north this year for travelling teams. Holmes at his best is in the best few on the park at any given time and Taumalolo will tire the defence out in the conditions.

Storm won't lose 2 in a row, they should be $1.30 so Il take them at $1.40+ as well.

The Tigers are good things, but Im worried they might come in too short odds by gameday.

Dragons at $1.90, market has overreacted to their loss to the Warriors, that NZ squad was laser sharp and mentally primed and unified. Bulldogs lack talent, Dragons don't.

Cowboys at $ 1.58, Sharks still carrying some injuries and the Cowboys are going to be incredibly hard to beat in the north this year for travelling teams. Holmes at his best is in the best few on the park at any given time and Taumalolo will tire the defence out in the conditions.

Storm won't lose 2 in a row, they should be $1.30 so Il take them at $1.40+ as well.

The Tigers are good things, but Im worried they might come in too short odds by gameday.
Taumalolo is out injured according to team list and coach.

Betfair now offering the most competitive odds by margin. Betfair offering a margin of 13.98%, Sportsbet the most competitive with the bookies at 16.18%, TAB 18.43% and BetEasy 18.95%

These odds are from Sportsbet:
Canberra 5
Melbourne, Parramatta, Roosters $6
Manly $9
North Qld $15
Penrith, Newcastle $17
Brisbane, Souths $19
West Tigers $41
Cronulla $67
Warriors $101
St George Illawara $151
Bulldogs $301