VFL 2020 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some questions i have about the Sandy Zebras in relation to the Saints.... i dont really understand the relationship fully. if some one could
educate me briefly i"D BE GRATEFUL.

1. WHEN DOES THE COMPLETE LIST OF SANDY PLAYERS GET POSTED.. WHERE DO I FIND IT ...LOOKED ON THE ZEBRAS CITE
2. WHICH PLAYERS CAN PLAY FOR THE SENIORS...JUST SAINTS LIST THAT ARE PLAYING IN THE TWOS.
3. WHAT HAPPENS IF A SANDY PLAYER NOT ON SENIORS LIST PLAYS OUTSTANDING FOOTY BLITZ EVERYONE...CAN HE BE ELEVATED
4. IF SANDY PLAYERS GET DROPPED WHO DO THEY GO DOWN TOO?
5. DO WE GET DIBS ON EMERGING TALENT AT THE ZEBRAS OR IS THAT OPEN SLATHER ON THE DRAFT
6. GAMES REQ IN SANDY TO PLAY FINALS FOR SANDY
7. IS EVERY SANDY GAME VIDEOED FOR PUBLIC

i know theres more questions and some of these might be obvious to many ..but

There are some questions i have about the Sandy Zebras in relation to the Saints.... i dont really understand the relationship fully. if some one could
educate me briefly i"D BE GRATEFUL.

1. WHEN DOES THE COMPLETE LIST OF SANDY PLAYERS GET POSTED.. WHERE DO I FIND IT ...LOOKED ON THE ZEBRAS CITE
2. WHICH PLAYERS CAN PLAY FOR THE SENIORS...JUST SAINTS LIST THAT ARE PLAYING IN THE TWOS.
3. WHAT HAPPENS IF A SANDY PLAYER NOT ON SENIORS LIST PLAYS OUTSTANDING FOOTY BLITZ EVERYONE...CAN HE BE ELEVATED
4. IF SANDY PLAYERS GET DROPPED WHO DO THEY GO DOWN TOO?
5. DO WE GET DIBS ON EMERGING TALENT AT THE ZEBRAS OR IS THAT OPEN SLATHER ON THE DRAFT
6. GAMES REQ IN SANDY TO PLAY FINALS FOR SANDY
7. IS EVERY SANDY GAME VIDEOED FOR PUBLIC

i know theres more questions and some of these might be obvious to many ..but

1- Not sure
2- Yes only St Kilda listed players can play in the seniors.
3- If a Sandy player is blitzing it then nothing really happens. They can’t be elevated out of nowhere. However they can nominate for the mid season draft and get picked up ala Marlion Pickett at the tigers. Failing that, they’d finish the season out and hope to be drafted.
4- Sandy players would have a local side they’re aligned to which is who they play for when they’re not picked for Sandy.
5- We get an advantage in that we see the players close up but no we don’t get dibs on them. Once in the draft it’s a free for all. Just like us picking up Ben Long before the doggies had a chance after he spent a season playing for Footscray in the vfl.
6- I’m not certain but I’d say about a handful.
7- I don’t believe so unless there’s been a recent change but I’m not 100% sure.

1- Not sure
2- Yes only St Kilda listed players can play in the seniors.
3- If a Sandy player is blitzing it then nothing really happens. They can’t be elevated out of nowhere. However they can nominate for the mid season draft and get picked up ala Marlion Pickett at the tigers. Failing that, they’d finish the season out and hope to be drafted.
4- Sandy players would have a local side they’re aligned to which is who they play for when they’re not picked for Sandy.
5- We get an advantage in that we see the players close up but no we don’t get dibs on them. Once in the draft it’s a free for all. Just like us picking up Ben Long before the doggies had a chance after he spent a season playing for Footscray in the vfl.
6- I’m not certain but I’d say about a handful.
7- I don’t believe so unless there’s been a recent change but I’m not 100% sure.
THANKS FOR THAT ,,,great job...just what i wanted...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An astute football mind (Dees fan friend of mine) has been extolling the virtues of "the other Mark Williams" for over a decade. Hopefully he's maturing like a fine wine (55 years of age).

As a player he went to Sandringham in 1992, where he played two seasons and was part of the 1992 premiership team.

As a coach he won 3 flags for Sandringham and was inducted into the Sandringham Football Club Hall of Fame in 2014.

Spent 5 years at Richmond as an assistant coach under Hardwick until 2016.

Like it! ✊

They had a great off season. Plenty of new players coming in and noone left.

Dear Jack

Loved your dedication, team spirit and your passion for the Zebras.

You were the gift that kept on giving ...

"Noone looked back on his time at the Club with fond memories."

All the best for the future mate. 👍

How good can the Sandringham team look if everyone is fit this year.

Potentially :

FB: Long, Brown , Paton
HB: Coffield, Clavarino( or Austin), Marsh
C: , Byrnes, Langlands, Phillips
HF Parker , Mayo , Hind
FF McKenzie , Joyce , Kent

R: Abbott, Bytel, Sinclair

the ones in bold with some proven ability at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back