2020 Scratch Matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Hosie play in these games? Never seems to rate a mention.
Waste of a mid year draft pick should have played AFL last year wasn’t looking good for him when Wood was playing before him this year since the break and the re start Xerri was getting a game before him.
Plus knowing our selection policy Wood McKay and evening Durdin Will get a game before him.
At least he has had a Gold Coast holiday and will be back at Glenelg next year.
Need Larkey back and maybe Daw to both play forward.

Maybe Bonar a late in tonight?

Already have Williams in as the late change.... happy Williams in the team but why would we bring in Williams and not Bonar to replace Anderson. I like the way Anderson goes about his business but has some costly weaknesses so not too concerned he isn't in.... what's the mid then if Bonar not coming in has to be higgo ahern sympkin to start? Then maybe Hayden gets his chance in the mid but if we are tagging that will mean one less space

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bonar played in the scratch match.

Im wondering If they would have preferred Bonar had he been fresh.

Yes good to see he hasn't dropped his head... what's that twice dropped now this season... def still a place for him if he gets it sorted

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought today was the 11th of July not the 1st of April .
Wood is an VFL player not up to AFL standed he is finished in football if he get recalled for next week it will prove that the club is starting to prepare for 2021.
I just hope the BOYS club wont go missing when the repercussions hit hard if membership goes down as well as sponsorship as a club we are seen to reward mediocrity s**t in players like Wood,McMillian,Atley,Turner as a club hard decisions need to be made.
The days of patting boys on the back and saying good try champ maybe next week now hurry up and I will buy you a beer in the social club.
If this club wants to keep happening it might as well turn around and hand our club licence back to the AFL and say to them send us anywhere you want to send us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don’t get why Wood hasn’t been given a go down back. He was trialled there in the preseason and it seems like the experiment was abondoned as soon as we copped some injuries up forward.

We have some of the worst half back in the comp, surely giving him a go down there couldn’t be any worse than what we have?

I still don’t get why Wood hasn’t been given a go down back. He was trialled there in the preseason and it seems like the experiment was abondoned as soon as we copped some injuries up forward.

We have some of the worst half back in the comp, surely giving him a go down there couldn’t be any worse than what we have?

It’s strange.

It’s not strange when you saw the intra clubs.

He made Jamie MacMillan look like Bruce Doull at times.

He makes sense on paper, perfect size, good kick, strong etc. But guys like Comben were destroying him, let alone quality AFL forwards.

He makes sense on paper, perfect size, good kick, strong etc. But guys like Comben was destroying him, let alone quality AFL forwards.

Cheers for the info. I get it now. I wasn’t paying much attention during preseason because I honestly thought the season would be cancelled.

Forward or bust then. Big year for Mase. If he doesn’t work out for us I reckon he’ll get another crack because of his skill and athleticism. Hopefully he turns it around.

He makes sense on paper, perfect size, good kick, strong etc. But guys like Comben were destroying him, let alone quality AFL forwards.
Well there you go.

If that is the case he is pretty much playing his last season at North you would think?

Shaw: The scratch matches have been great for us. Ben McKay has been going really well in the last month. Tom Murphy and Aiden Bonar have looked really good. And it’s been great to have guys like LDU and Larkey get some minutes.

Hope we give McKay a shot this year. What do we have to lose? High draft pick who has played 4 games in 5 years, gotta see what we’ve got at some stage. Durdin probably cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back