Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Congrats on the win Tutty. Best of luck in the Prelim. Make sure you win it all so I can say I felt I should've won the lot.

Tutty handed the reins over this season and KissKiss in his first season has taken a side that I’m not sure has played Finals previously to a Prelim against the previous coach’s brother.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Aaaaaaand that's my season done. If only the AFL hadn't fixtured the Collingwood bye this week making me lose an important 9th category and losing 5-4. I'm gonna sue Gil :p
flaps do you have any advice on how to conduct a late premiership tilt? Think I’m gonna need all the help I can get? And you did go on the most memorable stretch to your premiership?

Howdy all!!

Thought I would drop back in and wish all the prelim finalists luck!

I've made the prelim in my cash league (after barely making finals) and want to remind you all that you are never without a chance in this game.

1599706790048.png

Thank the lord for Dayne Zorko's poster!!!

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Goodluck guys! Rooting for Jordie here, us Dees gotta stick together because what else do we have to get excited by in September... Certainly not real life footy. 😅 But no good luck to all and may the best team win.

Haha, thanks a lot. I’m sure holding assorted picks that’ll improve if I lose has nothing to do with it. Jordie_tackles is a good chance to fill through to the GF. I’ve lost Cogs, Sheed and Butters just for this round 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Haha, thanks a lot. I’m sure holding assorted picks that’ll improve if I lose has nothing to do with it. Jordie_tackles is a good chance to fill through to the GF. I’ve lost Cogs, Sheed and Butters just for this round 🤦🏻‍♂️
Haha yeah helps a little, I'm just playing though i dont have strong feelings about these prelims. I def feel your pain though on Cogs, im playing a prelim in the other league and own Cogs there, bloody terrible time for Cameron to send some pre finals message to his captain. Not happy!

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
flaps do you have any advice on how to conduct a late premiership tilt? Think I’m gonna need all the help I can get? And you did go on the most memorable stretch to your premiership?
haha mine was a complete fluke. As much of a fluke as the Bulldogs 2016 run really. They mirrored each other.

So all i can say is … look to Bevvo!

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
haha mine was a complete fluke. As much of a fluke as the Bulldogs 2016 run really. They mirrored each other.

So all i can say is … look to Bevvo!

I think Jordie_tackles has me covered so far, I’ve lost too many and there’s too many underperforming. Ironically, I’m looking to Bevo and my Dogs triumvirate to dig me out. Here’s hoping.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Think I will go down 4-5 and honestly don’t know what Rockford dreaming about suggesting I can get a 5th category? Will be along stretch from here to get Kicks and was never on track for FF or FA against unfortunately. Think it will be the two teams we expect in the grand final but hey let’s wait for some big kicking games by Adams and Maynard!!

Last edited:

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
You’ll take hit outs and marks along with score and percentage. Kicks is up for grabs with Adams, Maynard and De Goey all to come, not as close as I thought it might’ve been, but still definitely gettable.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
You’ll take hit outs and marks along with score and percentage. Kicks is up for grabs with Adams, Maynard and De Goey all to come, not as close as I thought it might’ve been, but still definitely gettable.
Search and rescue still out there looking for Cam Rayner 😂

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah. He had a shocker. I was out in Freo and just refreshing our matchup to see what was happening as the game had started. Assumed the stats weren’t updating as Rayner had donuts well into the first quarter.
Was frustrating watching him play. Seemed to be in the mood to fly at every mark and not once think in the conditions maybe he should play more at ground level. Off the top of my head he got hands to but dropped at least 6 marks

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Was frustrating watching him play. Seemed to be in the mood to fly at every mark and not once think in the conditions maybe he should play more at ground level. Off the top of my head he got hands to but dropped at least 6 marks

Still has so much time ahead of him to put it all together.

Meanwhile, all the detractors of that Sholl and a 2nd rounder for Adam Saad trade, nice one, you were right, just not the way you thought. Sholl with a 19 kick, 2 goal game on the weekend.. Saad was okay with 20 disposals and 3 marks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back