31 Ummmm
32 David Dwyer
33 Brett Allison
34 Ross Henshaw
35 Bill Nettlefold I think?
36 Steven Icke
37 Micky Passmore?
38 Danny Stevens?
39 Maybe Ray Davies? There were a handful of ‘60s players I didn’t know but I thought he would have been busy with The Kinks in that era.
40 Peter Chisnall
41 Darren Crocker I think?
42 Maybe Crock again?
43 Sam Gibson
44 Don’t remember
50 Don’t remember
60 Nathan Hrovat

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
With Bigfooty's own Aileen Gilroy!

Made a point of seeking her out for a chat since she’s our sponsoree, and she’s delightful.

1581030739791.png

My Left Foote

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United Melbourne Victory
I went to the season launch last night. It was a different format to last year which had more speeches and interviews, this year however the main portion of the night was past players presenting jumpers to AFL and AFLW players (I didn’t take any pictures I’m glad other people did). I thought this was a great initiative you got a real sense of a true family club, which Rhyce confirmed in his speech later saying whether you’ve played one game for North Melbourne or 432 you’re part of the family.

Below are the past players I can remember, the majority of whom presented the number they wore to the current player, however there were a few exceptions Jade Rawlings presented two jumpers in the 20s (I think) and I can’t remember what number Tom Allison presented (it certainly wasn’t number 18, Duck took that honour) it was in the 40s I think. (May not be 100% accurate)
  1. Mark Lisle
  2. Wayne Schwass
  3. Brady Rawlings
  4. Daniel Harris
  5. Stuart Anderson
  6. Ian Fairly
  7. Darren Steele
  8. Robert Scott
  9. Matthew Larkin
  10. Anthony Stevens
  11. Glenn Archer
  12. Ken Montgomery
  13. Leigh Adams
  14. Ben Buckley
  15. Ross Smith
  16. Stephen McCann
  17. Mark Porter
  18. Wayne Carey
  19. Sam Wright
  20. Wayne Schimmelbusch
  21. Corey Jone
  22. David Ceglar
  23. Shane Clayton
  24. Michael Firrito
  25. Donald McDonald
  26. Alex Ishchenko
  27. Darren Crocker
  28. Jade Rawlings
  29. Jade Rawlings
  30. Frank Gumbleton
  31. Paul Spargo
  32. David Dwyer
  33. Brett Allison
  34. Ross Henshaw
  35. Bill Nettlefold
  36. Stephen Icke
  37. Michael Passmore
  38. Danny Stevens
  39. Peter Chisnall
  40. Tom Allison (?)
  41. Sam Gibson
  42. Mick Lewis

43. Frank Goode
Having both AFL and AFLW launches on the same night I got a real sense of a unified club with both teams in pursuit of the ultimate success, and not hiding from that success either winning a 5th and 1st Premiership was mentioned several times. This unification / one big family theme was evident when Scott Gowans spoke praising Rhyce and the coaching staff for all the assistance and support they give him nothing is a problem. He doesn’t have to make a meeting time to speak to Rhyce he can just catch up with him for a chat and Rhyce will often ask Scott if there’s anything he can do for him.

In turn Rhyce was full of praise for Scott and his coaching staff saying that going by the amount of work they’ve put in it should translate to on field success.

I was lucky enough to chat to some players, past players and Rhyce.

I chatted to Robert Scott for a bit, would have gladly talked to him about the 96 Grand Final, however asked how him Bailey was travelling and whether he was a chance for round 1. He said Bailey was travelling really well, his foot is good. He said his numbers were excellent and up there with anyone else at the club. He said whether this translates to him playing seniors is another thing but he’s certainly putting himself in the mix.

Robert said the club were managing his loads, he trains Monday and Friday they keep him off his feet on Wednesday. Interestingly he brought up Jared Polec’s name when discussing Bailey’s foot. Now given the last (first) time I posted about a supposed injury to a player (a nerve issue in Cam Zurhaar’s back) in hindsight my source was quite questionable, so I’m somewhat reluctant to post this. However given this was told to me by Robert Scott I feel slightly more confident, having said that it’s still second hand information so grain of salt and all that. Anyway, Robert said Polly hasn’t trained twice a week since he did his foot in Brisbane, he said North increased his training load to 3 sessionss a week, he did 3 session for 2 weeks then broke down again (hence the reason Bailey is only doing 2 sessions a week). I got the sense that he was talking about Polly breaking down this pre-season but just to be clear he didn’t say that, it could very well have been talking about last pre-season. Make of that what you will.

I had a very quick chat with Boomer, asked him how pre-season was going, he said the players could be any fitter.

I had a great chat to Jasper Pittard, he must have spoke to us for about 10 minutes, I was asking him about the graphic design work he’s doing with the club (as much as I wanted to talk to him about footy I thought I’d focus on something he’s interested in) he’s studying graphic design this year, said he’s a bit nervous about going back to uni at 29. He was telling us about the Keith Haring exhibition at the NGV and was talking about music he likes and how much he likes 3RRR and PBS he said you just don’t get stations like that in Adelaide. I’ve got to say he's very friendly, down to earth, really nice bloke.

I had a quick chat to Rhyce Shaw, told him how fantastic it was that he’s embraced North’s history, he said he was fortunate to come from 2 clubs with rich histories and North’s is juts as rich. We had a chat about a local suburb (near where I live) common to both of us and it was like talking to a mate, he’s so down to earth, very genuine, a great bloke. I love him.

My personal highlight from the night was a very brief hello with Ross Henshaw, not just because he’s one of my favourite players form the 70s, but because I said to Ross, ‘It’s great to see you back at the club’ he shook my hand looked me in the eyes and said, ‘It’s great to be back!’

Last edited:
I'll try to recall the ones I remember:

Henshaw, D.Dwyer, Gumbleton, Larkin, Schwatta, Stevo, Duck, Chisnall, Schimma, Porter, Hrovat, D.Stevens, Anderson, Fruity, Tom Allison, Fairley, Harris, Archer, Boomer, Brady and Jade, Robert Scott.
How could you forget the great Gibbo!

Ben Buckley also presented a jumper as a past player.

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
Haven't read entire thread but they have name plates down and Rhyce is supposed to between current and past player. Couldn't get it right on so many occasions. Season is already a bust!!!!!

On a serious note, feels like something special is happening this off season. Little things like this and countdown clock make me tingle

I went to the season launch last night. It was a different format to last year which had more speeches and interviews, this year however the main portion of the night was past players presenting jumpers to AFL and AFLW players (I didn’t take any pictures I’m glad other people did). I thought this was a great initiative you got a real sense of a true family club, which Rhyce confirmed in his speech later saying whether you’ve played one game for North Melbourne or 432 you’re part of the family.

Below are the past players I can remember, the majority of whom presented the number they wore to the current player, however there were a few exceptions Jade Rawlings presented two jumpers in the 20s (I think) and I can’t remember what number Tom Allison presented (it certainly wasn’t number 18, Duck took that honour) it was in the 40s I think. (May not be 100% accurate)
  1. Mark Lisle
  2. Wayne Schwass
  3. Brady Rawlings
  4. Daniel Harris
  5. Stuart Anderson
  6. Ian Fairly
  7. Darren Steele
  8. Robert Scott
  9. Matthew Larkin
  10. Anthony Stevens
  11. Glenn Archer
  12. Ken Montgomery
  13. Leigh Adams
  14. Ben Buckley
  15. Ross Smith
  16. Stephen McCann
  17. Mark Porter
  18. Wayne Carey
  19. Sam Wright
  20. Wayne Schimmelbusch
  21. Corey Jone
  22. David Ceglar
  23. Shane Clayton
  24. Michael Firrito
  25. Donald McDonald
  26. Alex Ishchenko
  27. Darren Crocker
  28. Jade Rawlings
  29. Jade Rawlings
  30. Frank Gumbleton
  31. Paul Spargo
  32. David Dwyer
  33. Brett Allison
  34. Ross Henshaw
  35. Bill Nettlefold
  36. Stephen Icke
  37. Michael Passmore
  38. Danny Stevens
  39. Peter Chisnall
  40. Tom Allison (?)
  41. Sam Gibson
  42. Mick Lewis

43. Frank Goode
Having both AFL and AFLW launches on the same night I got a real sense of a unified club with both teams in pursuit of the ultimate success, and not hiding from that success either winning a 5th and 1st Premiership was mentioned several times. This unification / one big family theme was evident when Scott Gowans spoke praising Rhyce and the coaching staff for all the assistance and support they give him nothing is a problem. He doesn’t have to make a meeting time to speak to Rhyce he can just catch up with him for a chat and Rhyce will often ask Scott if there’s anything he can do for him.

In turn Rhyce was full of praise for Scott and his coaching staff saying that going by the amount of work they’ve put in it should translate to on field success.

I chatted to Robert Scott for a bit, would have gladly talked to him about the 96 Grand Final, however asked how him Bailey was travelling and whether he was a chance for round 1. He said Bailey was travelling really well, his foot is good. He said his numbers were excellent and up there with anyone else at the club. He said whether this translates to him playing seniors is another thing but he’s certainly putting himself in the mix.

Robert said the club were managing his loads, he trains Monday and Friday they keep him off his feet on Wednesday. Interestingly he brought up Jared Polec’s name when discussing Bailey’s foot. Now given the last (first) time I posted about a supposed injury to a player (a nerve issue in Cam Zurhaar’s back) in hindsight my source was quite questionable, so I’m somewhat reluctant to post this. However given this was told to me by Robert Scott I feel slightly more confident, having said that it’s still second hand information so grain of salt and all that. Anyway, Robert said Polly hasn’t trained twice a week since he did his foot in Brisbane, he said North increased his training load to 3 sessionss a week, he did 3 session for 2 weeks then broke down again (hence the reason Bailey is only doing 2 sessions a week). I got the sense that he was talking about Polly breaking down this pre-season but just to be clear he didn’t say that, it could very well have been talking about last pre-season. Make of that what you will.

I had a very quick chat with Boomer, asked him how pre-season was going, he said the players could be any fitter.

I had a great chat to Jasper Pittard, he must have spoke to us for about 10 minutes, I was asking him about the graphic design work he’s doing with the club (as much as I wanted to talk to him about footy I thought I’d focus on something he’s interested in) he’s studying graphic design this year, said he’s a bit nervous about going back to uni at 29. He was telling us about the Keith Haring exhibition at the NGV and was talking about music he likes and how much he likes 3RRR and PBS he said you just don’t get stations like that in Adelaide. I’ve got to say he's very friendly, down to earth, really nice bloke.

I had a quick chat to Rhyce Shaw, told him how fantastic it was that he’s embraced North’s history, he said he was fortunate to come from 2 clubs with rich histories and North’s is juts as rich. We had a chat about a local suburb (near where I live) common to both of us and it was like talking to a mate, he’s so down to earth, very genuine, a great bloke. I love him.

My personal highlight from the night was a very brief hello with Ross Henshaw, not just because he’s one of my favourite players form the 70s, but because I said to Ross, ‘It’s great to see you back at the club’ he shook my hand looked me in the eyes and said, ‘It’s great to be back!’

J.Rawlings presented #27 and #28 . Number 29 is retired...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

1. Mark Lisle
  2. Wayne Schwass
  3. Brady Rawlings
  4. Daniel Harris
  5. Stuart Anderson
  6. Ian Fairly
  7. Darren Steele
  8. Robert Scott
  9. Matthew Larkin
  10. Anthony Stevens
  11. Glenn Archer
  12. Ken Montgomery
  13. Leigh Adams
  14. Ben Buckley
  15. Ross Smith
  16. Stephen McCann
  17. Mark Porter
  18. Wayne Carey
  19. Sam Wright
  20. Wayne Schimmelbusch
  21. Corey Jone
  22. David Ceglar
  23. Shane Clayton
  24. Michael Firrito
  25. Donald McDonald
  26. Alex Ishchenko
  27. Darren Crocker
  28. Jade Rawlings
  29. Jade Rawlings
  30. Frank Gumbleton
  31. Paul Spargo
  32. David Dwyer
  33. Brett Allison
  34. Ross Henshaw
  35. Bill Nettlefold
  36. Stephen Icke
  37. Michael Passmore
  38. Danny Stevens
  39. Peter Chisnall
  40. Tom Allison (?)
  41. Sam Gibson
  42. Mick Lewis

43. Frank Goode

Question: did you laugh in his face when he implied the Sydney's history is as rich as North's?

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is it a pre-requisite to be incredibly good looking to wear the number 4 for our club?

(And no, I’m not forgetting the great Mick Martyn ;))
I had a crush a little while ago on a guy that looked like Higgins, from a female perspective guys like him shouldn't exist, too distracting. Tarrants something as well though.... Now I'm distracted again

I had a great chat to Jasper Pittard ... said he’s a bit nervous about going back to uni at 29.
Fear of rooting himself to death? He will dead set tear the place up.

Great write up MLF :thumbsu:

(Seeing the above abbreviation, it's a good thing your username isn't My Injured Left Foote)

Loving the integration of men's and women's teams. One club, one ambition...

...get more cups to hide behind the coffee cart!

I want us to be so successful that we need to get a bigger coffee cart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back