Unofficial Preview 2020 Season Preview - A Season To Experiment With

Where will Freo finnish

• 1 ( Suck that WC )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 What?!

• 3 ( The Number of top 10 Draft Picks from last Draft )

• 4 YES !!!

• 15 Eh

• 17 ( Where Gold Coast Finished in 2011 )

• 18 ( Wooden Spoon )

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Docker Gun

Bottom of the top.
Jan 8, 2020
Joondalup
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, West Perth
2020 - A Season to Experiment With.

View attachment 804978

No-mater if we are soooo close to making finals, do a 2019 or scare the sh*t out of everyone (Good or Bad) this year will be a foundation block for the next decade ,be it good, bad or ok.

This is our fixture which should make for some interesting Footy games throughout the year.

1 v :essendon: @ Marvel
2 v :hawthorn: @Optus
3 v :melbourne: @The MCG
4 v :goldcoast: @Optus
5 v :north: @Blundstone
6 v :geelong: @Optus
7 v :westcoast: @Optus
8 v :adelaide: @ Adelaide
9 v :bulldogs: @Optus
10 v :stkilda: @ Marvel
11 v :brisbane: @Optus
12 v :sydney: @The SCG
13 v Bye
14 v :carlton: @Optus
15 v :port: @ Adelaide
16 v :melbourne: @Optus
17 v :bulldogs: @ Marvel
18 v :westcoast: @Optus
19 v :collingwood: @Optus

20 v :goldcoast: @ Metricon
21 v :stkilda: @Optus
22 v :gws: @Manuka
23 v :richmond: @Optus

Normal = Away
Bold = Home
Italics = Derby ( H & A = as above )

2020 Most Important Games
Where will Freo finish?
2020 Match Previews of the First 10 rounds

Preview of each Club

TeamLadder PositionLeading Goal-kickerBrownlow Vote LeaderHighlightHeadline
Adelaide Crows15Taylor Walker -39Brad Crouch -22
Brisbane Lions5Charlie Cameron -57Lachie Neal -32
Carlton Blues17Jack Martin -41Patrick Cripps -37Blues get the Blues.
Collingwood Magpies4Jaiden Stephenson -44Brody Grundy -31Flying pies or shaking colliwobbles.
Essendon Bombers18Jake Stringer -29Dylan Shiel -9Not being able to drop with their new coach.The Bombers Bomb
Fremantle Dockers6Micheal Walters -56Nathan Fyfe -39Letting the eagles get up to a 40 point lead to come back and win by 13.J-Lo a Jesus in team improvement.
Geelong Cats1Esava Ratugolea -47Can Cats capitalize?
Gold Coast Suns10Jarrod Witts -27Being a predicted contestant for the finals next year.Suns Shut up Nay Sayers by missing the finals by two places.
Greater Western Sydney Giants3Will we hear the big big sound on the last Saturday of September?
Hawthorn Hawks11Is Clarko's time up?
Melbourne Demons13Undeelightful
North Melbourne Kangaroos16Ben Brown -85Will north move?
Port Adelaide Power9The power to win?
Richmond Tigers2They did it twice from 3. What about 2?
St Kilda Saints12
Sydney Swans14
West Coast Eagles8Tim Kelly -37Eagles don't look so great in number 8.
Western Bulldogs7

This is a really important year for the Dockers because whatever we do it will effect the whole league for the next decade.
I personally believe that Freo 'll scrape into finals and scare the current major teams like the seagulls and the colliwobbles and have some pretty bad defeats like last year.
The reasons for my perceptions:
  • Brownlow medalist in Fyfe
  • All Australian in Walters
  • 3 top 10 pics in last Draft
  • New Coach - New Start
  • Hopeful outside run in Acres and Aish
  • Player culture returning
  • Future stars in younger players
Last year I believe we just weren't ready to go all the way, plus we had several injuries to key players. So judging we don't get to many injuries and we don't make to many mistakes like just bombing the ball forward then this is going to be a good year for us.

The League is almost at the peak of competitiveness with upsets happening most if not all rounds so you can't go into any round thinking your going to win.
With that being said this is my updated Win/Loss ratio for this season below :arrowdown:

WLD%
1.Geelong1750103.7%
2.Richmond1660103.8%
3.GWS1660103.2%
4.Collingwood1570103.1%
5.Brisbane Lions1480103.8%
6.Fremantle1480102.6%
7.Western Bulldogs1480101.4%
8.West Coast1480100.9%
9.Port Adelaide11110100.4%
10.Gold Coast10120101.0%
11.Hawthorn913099.5%
12.St Kilda913098.1%
13.Melbourne814097.4%
14.Sydney814097.2%
15.Adelaide814097.1%
16.North Melbourne616097.0%
17.Carlton616096.8%
18.Essendon319093.8%
QF1: GEELONG v Collingwood

QF2: RICHMOND v GWS
EF1: BRISBANE LIONS v West Coast
EF2: FREMANTLE v Western Bulldogs

SF1: COLLINGWOOD v Brisbane Lions
SF2: GWS v Fremantle

PF1: GEELONG v GWS
PF2: Richmond v COLLINGWOOD

GF: Geelong v COLLINGWOOD

jh-png.825007

#Foreverfreo
:freo: :soonarrow::eek::thumbsu:

Attachments

• b.png
    b.png
    951.8 KB · Views: 300
  • jh.PNG
    jh.PNG
    151.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I think you are exceptionally optimistic and perhaps for balance, i am pessimistic. Some of our kpp have missed a bulk of fully fledged preseason already (hogan, pearce), one of our only remaining experienced players in Mundy is injured and we have had numerous players in rehab prior to the Christmas break. Our midfield - bar fyfe scares no-one and our fixture I think is actually fairly difficult with teams like the bulldogs almost certain to rise and Melbourne being consistently inconsistent due for their every second year peak, even the saints have recruited for the now and could rise (but I doubt far). I dont think at this early stage you could lock any wins in - even the home fixtures bar Gold Coast. All in all I think with our list and the transitioning nature of it, we will do well to hold ground, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us fall a little. Additionally, I am a Lyon fan, but felt his time was up, however his coaching experience cannot be underestimated and whilst jlo is a good feel story given he is an ex freo player, he surely has alot to learn as the senior man calling the shots in the coaches box. I once again predict another bottom 4-6 finish.

First three weeks look crucial. Could be 0-3 with 4 of the next 6 looking beyond us. A 2 -7 start would be pretty tough to take.

Will depend on who's available, but if we can grab a couple of wins in the first three rounds and lock in wins against Gold Coast, North and St Kilda a 5-5 start is decent.

Champion data ratings are without a doubt the biggest crock of s**t going around. Media loves it because they have something to write about that will get half the league's supporters clicking.

I'm on record as saying that I feel we are going to go backwards this year and may be in for some pain in the next 2-3 years.

Longmuire may end up a really good coach and take us forward but he could just as easily be the next Mark Neeld. I have zero faith in Alcock and it seems we have replaced 2 people who had all the power (Lyon & Rosich) with 1 (Bell).

We still don't seem to have addressed our injury issues and the 2020 injury list is already a concern and we have lost our outside run in Langdon and Hill while replacing them with Acres and Aish, who I do not rate.

I'll be satisfied with a ladder position of 9-12 considering it is year 1 with the new coach, disappointed with a ladder position of 13-15 and royally pissed off if we drop to 16-18.

First three weeks look crucial. Could be 0-3 with 4 of the next 6 looking beyond us. A 2 -7 start would be pretty tough to take.

Will depend on who's available, but if we can grab a couple of wins in the first three rounds and lock in wins against Gold Coast, North and St Kilda a 5-5 start is decent.
People say this every year and i used to think the same way but ACTUALLY the crucial time will be how we go after the bye which is when the wheels fall of every time for us and when the good teams start to come back if they had a poor start.

People say this every year and i used to think the same way but ACTUALLY the crucial time will be how we go after the bye which is when the wheels fall of every time for us and when the good teams start to come back if they had a poor start.
True. Sick of the limp ass roll-over-and-play-dead Dockers. Just want us to get angry and hungry like we were in 2013.

Fremantle Dockers v Gold Coast Suns
Freo & The Suns will cash @2:35 on Sat Apr 11 @Optus in Round 4
s.jpg
b.png
Brief History
Fremantle
Fremantle are an AFL team who have never won a Grand Final despite being in the league for 25 years, playing 15 finals games (1 being a grand final), 565 games while being awarded 1 wooden spoon and winning a Minor Premiership.
Gold Coast
Gold Coast are an AFL team who have never won a grand final, never made finals despite being in the league for 9 years, playing 198 games while being awarded 2 wooden spoons.
Versus Each Other
Fremantle have the edge over Gold Coast with 7 to 3 wins against each other.

Last time the two sides met:
It was Sunday March 21st and Gold Coast was taking on Fremantle at Metricon Stadium in round 2. Fremantle were the heavy favorites due to their 82 point demolition of North Melbourne a week prior while the Suns lost by 1 point to St Kilda the week prior. Fremantle were the first to get on the board thanks to a snap from Travis Collier. Gold Coast got the Next two with Freo getting the last of the first quarter. Freo regained the lead by kicking the next two but the Suns followed up by kicking the last two of the quarter to once again regain the lead. To start the second half Gold Coast kicked 7 points to only let Cam Mcarthy through to kick a goal. Less than a minute later Fremantle kicked another to regain a 4 point lead. Fremantle then got a third in a row to finish the quarter. Fremantle kicked another to start the quarter followed up by a Gold Coast goal. The Suns Captain David Swallow capped of a seesaw performance by the Suns to take a 3 point lead. The End Scores were: GOLD COAST 2.4 4.8 4.16 7.19 (61) & FREMANTLE 2.3 4.5 7.7 8.10 (58)

The Battle of the Sun (The Story)
The lead up to the game: Tomorrow the battle of the sun will take place at the Stadium of Optus with our tribe sporting the home side advantage. After our defeat of the demons at the M of the CG's and the Golden Coasts defeat of The Syd of Ney Swans at Electricon Stadium, many tellers predicted a close battle tomorrow.
Pre-game: The sirens will screech in 35 minutes with both teams close in the top 8 sides in the war this could be a pivotal battle in the hunting season, while the final participants for each side are in the team table below.
Fourth 1: The Golden Coast got of to a good start kicking the first two goals but the Dockers eventually ran over them by kicking the next 2 but were pushed overboard when the suns got another first quarter goal thanks to a freakish Jackie Chan from a pack to shoot another wich cost the Dockers a six point lead to the suns. Scores: Freo 2.0 = 12 / Suns 3.0 = 18
Term 2: The home side swayed the momentum early in the 2nd term by kicking the first 3 goals to the Suns eventual 1. This highlighted the pressure that had been gained by the home side that caused multiple turnovers that resulted in several inside fifties for Freo. Scores: Freo 5.2 = 32 / Suns 4.2 = 26
Section 3: This term was a pretty even one judging Freo kicked 3.2 to the Suns 4.2. So so far this battle was how many predicted it would be. But as they say the Third term is the premiership quarter. Wait, so does that mean an upset win ? Scores: Freo 8.4 = 48 / Suns 8.4 =48
The final Quarter: After five minutes both side have kicked 1 point. Oh no the Suns just shot two in a row. Freo have shot 3 more. Sun +1. Freo +1. Suns +2. There's now 2 minutes left and its level on 13.5. Suns have kicked 2 points in .5 Minutes. Freo have shot another. With 10 seconds left Walters marks. the Dockers have won. Michael Walters shoots an after the siren goal. Woah what a high scoring quater. Final Scores: Freo 15.5 = 95 / Suns 13.7 = 85
Fremantle Have won by 10 Points.

Positions Table

PositionFremantle PlayerGold Coast Player
Center
Ruck Rover
Rover
Ruck
Right Wing
Left Wing
Left Half Forward Flank
Right Half Forward Flank
Center Half Forward
Left Forward Pocket
Right Forward Pocket
Full Forward
Center Half Back
Right Half Back Flank
Left Half Back Flank
Left Back Pocket
Right Back Pocket
Full Back
*Positions Will be announced at a later date

That was the Game Preview for the Rnd4 @Optus @2:35pm on Sat Apr 11 :freo: v :goldcoast: game.

Last edited:

I could see us being 2-7 after 9 games too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see us being 2-7 after 9 games too

i hear ya - but equally we could start 4 zip with that draw.

Essendon are going backwards this year and Melbourne are coming from a long way back. Then home wins against a middle of the road Hawks and another against GC (perennial basket case with massive list turnover).

Back