News 2020 Season requests - 11 games at GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

I know- Close Moorabool st down, extend the blood wings out and lets have same dimensions as the MCG.

Problem solved, can thank me later.

Not sure those on Moorabool st will be so happy...

The more i think about it the more i think its a ******* brilliant idea tbh.

But like i said, it'll never happen.

The better way to go I think is to have the state gov enshrine a 10 match minimum deal with the afl and a finals deal. And then onto the Cricket Aus where they enshrine one international every summer and the A-league one or two games a summer as well. If only Bracksy was still running the show.

Then it’d be played in Geel nearly every second week like say Weagles for instance.

For all the money invested to have the AFL thumb it’s nose is absolutely rude. Hardly been an improvement on games played there in a decade or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ideally you want a few home games at the G but I think it is wise to ask for 11 home games at KP because otherwise the Melbourne home games will end up at Docklands soon anyway.

Our MCG crowds at home games in the H&A have been crap for a while.

Last home game against each team:

Hawks 53k
Dons 63k
Tigers 46k
Pies 46k

Those numbers say everything.

I'd rather change our home ground to the G so we can actually win there consitantly when it matters. Our whole game plan is different at KP vs the G

Fair enough but somehow the Weagles without that won the premiership last year. If good enough will win. Geel just aren’t quite good enough. And I can’t see that changing so why give up an advantage everyone else has whilst losing money at the same time. It’s embarrassing. Another sock in the eye. If we are going to lose which we are might as well make some money rather than the debacles we experience every year.

Not sure those on Moorabool st will be so happy...

I don’t live in Geelong but it’s a wide street at that point that narrows under the bridge. Does it get blocked up in peak hour?

Even if that's at a financial expense to the club?
Fair enough but somehow the Weagles without that won the premiership last year. If good enough will win. Geel just aren’t quite good enough. And I can’t see that changing so why give up an advantage everyone else has whilst losing money at the same time. It’s embarrassing. Another sock in the eye. If we are going to lose which we are might as well make some money rather than the debacles we experience every year.

We should exist purely to win flags no matter the cost, but I understand where you're both coming from

Out of all the finals, GF day is the least important for home ground advantage. The nerves are too high for it to matter. Plenty of sides have won it playing few games at the MCG. West Coast, Bulldogs, Sydney, Geelong (x3). The stats are skewed by a Dominant Hawthorn (x4).

Why would we chose to move games away from KP. It's our home ground. We don't have to share it. No other club is moving games for us, why should we move ours for them. Why did the club fight for our home ground when the AFL tried to get us to move to docklands.

Geelong isn't Melbourne. Never has, never will be. If you want to support a team that plays home games in Melbourne, I hear that the Bulldogs are an up and coming side with few P1 members.

Out of all the finals, GF day is the least important for home ground advantage. The nerves are too high for it to matter. Plenty of sides have won it playing few games at the MCG. West Coast, Bulldogs, Sydney, Geelong (x3). The stats are skewed by a Dominant Hawthorn (x4).

Why would we chose to move games away from KP. It's our home ground. We don't have to share it. No other club is moving games for us, why should we move ours for them. Why did the club fight for our home ground when the AFL tried to get us to move to docklands.

Geelong isn't Melbourne. Never has, never will be. If you want to support a team that plays home games in Melbourne, I hear that the Bulldogs are an up and coming side with few P1 members.
and here we go

I don’t live in Geelong but it’s a wide street at that point that narrows under the bridge. Does it get blocked up in peak hour?

Not sure - I'm barely around that area during what would be deemed peak hour

But not sure it does necessarily, think Latrobe Terrace would still be the busiest

The better way to go I think is to have the state gov enshrine a 10 match minimum deal with the afl and a finals deal. And then onto the Cricket Aus where they enshrine one international every summer and the A-league one or two games a summer as well. If only Bracksy was still running the show.

Then it’d be played in Geel nearly every second week like say Weagles for instance.

For all the money invested to have the AFL thumb it’s nose is absolutely rude. Hardly been an improvement on games played there in a decade or two.

The Renegade have a deal or agreement that has seen them previously play 1 home game in Geelong, but once the BBL season was expanded that's been increased to 2 games in Geelong last year & this coming season. Agree it would be good to get an international game also - when they had the double header with the Aus Womens & Mens teams the other year, it was really good

Melb Victory has played 1 game in Geelong over the last 3 seasons, but with the new Western Melb team coming in they are calling KP part-time home for at least the next couple of seasons, and have 8 games here over the next year

Good to see the ground getting use outside of just AFL commitments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You oughta have a go at Canberra's 😯

That's why I never bothered with a car when I lived though (that and I didn't actually have my licence either)

I don't mind driving around Canberra too much now days when I visit

That I see recognition Under my posts for being the winner geelong cats of 2019 tipping on superbru and coming 2nd overall on Superbru. Won the actual tipping across the world with 152, but as I didn't get any 9 correct weeks, was toppled by extra points given to the winner
bugger

Disagree.

We lost those games playing slow down the line, a game plan that gets positive reinforcement due to it's effectiveness on narrow grounds.
but then won at MCG with faster ball movement...

And even had Tigers on the hop in the PF on same ground.

IMO - ground size was not a factor. Skills, oppostion, and shittng the bed a bit - yes.

GO Catters

11 home games should be accepted, but we have Easter Monday & country games- we might be away team next year?
Country game....played in the city. Was essendons home game too for the first 3 or so. Absolute joke. At least play it in the only regional city with an AFL team.

No reason why easter monday couldn't be played at KP. Can alternate between Tassie and KP for all I care. Hawthorn get to play 11 home games where they want, when they want. Cats only 9. Doesn't add up.

I'm yet to see a reason why Cats shouldn't be playing 11 home games in Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back