Review 2020 Season Review - Pros & Cons

Remove this Banner Ad

Look I know I keep going on about this bloke, but Tom De Koning and what he brought to the table late in the season was almost my biggest highlight of 2020, along with Jack Martin, Weitering and Sam Walsh's remarkable consistency in getting better.

He is such a competitive rucking beast and I certainly do believe there is room for him and Pittonet in the same 22.

So looking forward to seeing how TDK goes in 2021, feels like he could be a real game changer for us going forwards.

I am just not convinced by this, Pittonet offers nothing forward when resting and TDK although raw doesnt offer enough to be a pure KPF. To me its a choice between Levi & TDK/Pittonet as the fwd who can go through the ruck.. and no offence to TDK or Pitto but Levi has them covered considerably.. and then it becomes a question as to who you play as your first ruck TDK or Pitto..

IMHO TDK showed enough that as a young player, its he who we should be developing and Pittonet is a very good back up..

not sure how you claim dreadful development of younger players when Walsh, Weiters, TDK, Harry & Willo all had break out seasons.

I haven’t seen our BNF results but I suspect Liam Jones will be the only player over 25 in the top 10.
Ed Curnow top 10 all day every day. Levi's early form would give him a show too, and.......actually just B.S.

Can we get some love for this bloke ?

Greatest Carlton goal I have seen since god knows when (really hope it wins GOTY) and considering all the stick and flaming he got from a lot on this board in the first half of the season, I think Jack Newnes deserves a lot of love. I was cynical about his recruitment when we picked him up last year, but he won me over early on with his endeavour (even if his skills let him down)

Teague moving him further up the ground as an opportunistic goal sneak was a stroke of genius, and further reinforces my firm belief that DT is definitely our guy to lead us going forwards.

Smashing bloke from all reports, and brought me one of the very happiest moments as a long suffering Bagger in 20 years, so I just want to acknowledge Jack Newnes. Could he be our new Dean Rice ? :)

Hey Blues fans. I hope it's ok I post in here.

In our latest podcast my mate and I do, we continue our 2020 club reviews, discussing Carlton this time.

From the 3.27min mark, we talk about the year the Blues had.
Give it a listen if you have a spare 20mins & wanting to consume some external opinions on your club while you patiently wait for 2021 to kick-off.

Footy Focus Podcast Ep 32 – 2021 – Club Reviews – Carlton Blues & Geelong Cats

Recorded on the 22nd January 2021

- What worked, what failed, who deserves a pay rise & who needs a big 2021
- Plus, key list changes, our best 22, grade for 2020 & 2021 projection

Carlton @ 3.27
- Competitive, but lapses within games costly & John Nicholls Medallist TBC
- Pittonet proves to be more than depth & no 2nd year blues for Walsh
- Slow out of the blocks & recycled player merry-go-round continues
- Charlie Curnow fails to get on the park as big Harry McKay picks up slack
- Setterfield shows promise while host of fellow 1st round picks stagnate
- Under 16's star Durdin and draft slider Carroll the only recruits from 2020 National Draft class
- Can Zac Williams be an elite midfielder? And can O’Brien & Dow crack the best 22 for Round 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back