2021 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Mostly following the cricket and coronavirus to be honest. Just because there’s a few bad eggs at wahgunyah doesn’t mean you have to label the whole team as having a bad culture. Be like labelling all Yackandandah players as cheaters because a couple of blokes cheated on their wives with 15 year old netball players.
So what about Thurgoona not dropping off?

So what about Thurgoona not dropping off?

Why would they drop off?
Mellier took a couple of the spuds to the Hume league but most of the good blokes are still around. They’ll be right for 2021 grand final. Might just be a close game instead of an 2019 style barny thumping.

Wodonga bulldogs to swap with a Thurgoona Bulldogs?
Biggest issue with Thurgoona going into the o&m is their facility’s.
The council (or someone) would have to build a whole new set up.
I’m pretty sure there are less grades of netball in the o&m too so I can’t see clubs getting rid of them to go up a standard

I’m pretty sure there are less grades of netball in the o&m too so I can’t see clubs getting rid of them to go up a standard
Thurgoona joining the o&m is inevitable but I don’t think it will be anytime soon.
They have a population of 10,000 people and is rapidly rising, eventually the club will be so dominant and the town that much bigger than the rest of tdfl towns that it will be a no brainer.
Agree the facilities out there aren’t up to scratch yet, can barely fit in to the away rooms.
Thurgoona have been far and away the best side of the past decade and should have come away with double the silverware, the twos side would have beat the bottom 4 senior sides.

Gee I'm loving this discussion, the most traffic this forum has had in 10 years, and there won't even be a footy kicked this year! Keep it up

Seriously??? I think a swap with North Albury would be likelier.

Love the way Thurgoona go about it, have formed a bit of an affiliation with Albury and all the class players they land stick around, this is made possible because blokes like kotzur are playing for half their market value. I’d be locking Heta in early if this is true, if Cook gets a sniff of this he will corner him and offer $2000 a game.

Rutherglen will bounce back quickly it’s been a well ran club for many years. The twos were decent last year and getting a bloke of kays calibre back to the helm can only be a good thing.
As for wahgunyah Dick heads on drugs ruined that place and they have no one to blame but themselves. There is no way they’ll climb out of the hole they’re in.
People often float the idea of the two sides amalgamating, I’d rather see wahgunyah vanish of the face of the earth to be honest.

“Dickheads on drugs” ? So there’s a few blokes that enjoy to party and occasionally things get out of control. We have all been there. A couple I’d run ins with the law and all of a sudden it’s a “bad club with a drug culture”
What about the blokes that stay clear of the gear every season so they can play good footy? Wahgunyah disappear and they will go down hill and we will end up with a Ben cousins situation. Wahgunyah don’t want to amalgamate with Rutherglen. They’re not in a hole they just don’t have the big sponsors like Parker’s pies that Rutherglen have.
Speaking of pies - you’ve got yours in a few big bruiser...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the future of Mitta?
Let’s be honest if there is no money then there is no reason why guys would go up there to play?
Not enough locals to fill the sides. I think they are stuffed

“Dickheads on drugs” ? So there’s a few blokes that enjoy to party and occasionally things get out of control. We have all been there. A couple I’d run ins with the law and all of a sudden it’s a “bad club with a drug culture”
What about the blokes that stay clear of the gear every season so they can play good footy? Wahgunyah disappear and they will go down hill and we will end up with a Ben cousins situation. Wahgunyah don’t want to amalgamate with Rutherglen. They’re not in a hole they just don’t have the big sponsors like Parker’s pies that Rutherglen have.
Speaking of pies - you’ve got yours in a few big bruiser...

Can someone interpret this post for me please , I’ve got a headache from trying to dissect all of this dribble

Let’s be honest if there is no money then there is no reason why guys would go up there to play?
don't worry about Mitta mate they have a good supporter base and plenty of farmers .

Unfortunately I think you are spot on. Speaking to locals up that way and they think they could be in real trouble. Supporters and help has dried right up, no young ones left to do the work. Maybe merging with Bullioh or even joining the Upper Murray could be an option

There has never been much money, just a successful club with a strong history. But like a lot of clubs, there will be challenges ahead, mainly due to a seriously dwindling population.

You are a fair dinkum w***er
All their quality players are old now and a new batch never came through. Who the hells gonna drive up there to play footy? They’ll be the next Corryong and just struggle. I’d be extremely surprised if they play finals in the next five years, let alone field sides each week.

All their quality players are old now and a new batch never came through. Who the hells gonna drive up there to play footy? They’ll be the next Corryong and just struggle. I’d be extremely surprised if they play finals in the next five years, let alone field sides each week.
Although you’ve talked a lot of s**t in the local forums old bruiser I think your spot on here. It’s the same problems the Upper Murray clubs are facing. Lack of local players. Having to pay more and more blokes to travel up each week. Not enough kids to fill junior sides. It’s sad because Mitta always seemed to be an old fashioned “country” footy club and I love that vibe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back