Injury 2020 SJOGHCIR

May 14, 2011
And I'm feeling so boohemian like you.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Brisbane Lions,
So heel surgery? And not an achilles?

CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCool

Big Cox 88

Cancelled
Low Carb High Fat - Acolyte
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
Hope Gov Heels well. Needs to start 2020 on the right foot. Can't afford for him to have a bad run this year.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Seems weird that this has popped up 2+ months after the season has ended.

Olympic-Trampoline-for-Websitev2.png

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Thankfully we kept Schofield for another year. Barass can be covered, what we don't want is him playing injured and sounding it up, like he did at the end of 2019. Hopefully they are onto his problems early.

This might give Rotham a chance for more games, which is a silver lining.

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Whilst I understand that they are reluctant to send people for surgery when rest will do, it does seem that every year we have people, long after the season has finished, being sent in for surgery that they thought rest would fix. Having two key defenders going in at similar times is hardly ideal. Maybe they didn't know about Barrass' injury until recently but they did know about Gov's. Not sure what else they could do as I am no doctor but it does make you wonder (probably unfairly)if they should be making these decisions a bit earlier.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Whilst I understand that they are reluctant to send people for surgery when rest will do, it does seem that every year we have people, long after the season has finished, being sent in for surgery that they thought rest would fix. Having two key defenders going in at similar times is hardly ideal. Maybe they didn't know about Barrass' injury until recently but they did know about Gov's. Not sure what else they could do as I am no doctor but it does make you wonder (probably unfairly)if they should be making these decisions a bit earlier.

Gov i agree with. But barrass was training just the other day.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Fair enough. Probably explains it then. It just seems every year we have these "thought rest would fix it" but... That said, it is probably the wisest course of action, so what do I know...
Don't forget that all surgeries carry the risk of complications and infection etc. Nicoski's career was ended by hamstring surgery that never came good (for example). I assume they often play it safe, knowing they can get a player up for rnd 1 if they have surgery at the start of pre-season.

The players also need a holiday. I'd be reluctant to have surgery that could mean I spend most of my break on the couch, when rest might just resolve the problem.

Back