Injury 2020 SJOGHCIR

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Simmo on SEN:

Thinks Gov could be many weeks waiting on scan.

No Yeo this week but hoping for first week of finals.

Sheed will be ready this week.

Shuey Def a starter for finals and has turned a corner and progressing well.

Redden, Hutchings & Jetta all a chance for week 1 of finals.
I'm just assuming Gov is out for the year, to protect myself from disappointment. It looked like the one Sheppard did in 2018.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeo was a chance to play against North and now he's still only a chance to play in our first final? Are we playing games knowing he'll likely not play again this season?
Maybe. They have been quite clear that rest is the best thing for him, why bother risking him against second bottom on the ladder? Give him three more weeks off.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeo was a chance to play against North and now he's still only a chance to play in our first final? Are we playing games knowing he'll likely not play again this season?

I take it more as we dont need him to play this week as we are playing North and at worst we finish 5th.

IF we didn't win last night id say we would have been rushing him back to make sure we beat North so we finished 5th.

WC will be banking on if the finish 4th and play Port they must think they are confident enough to beat them , Rest a week then play two more games and have Yeo fresh for those.

Dont underestimation this break i think it will do us wonders.

Good to hear Redden is back a lot earlier. I did hear (on Twitter?) his surgery went a lot better than expected and was only going to keep him out for 3 weeks. He is an important cog and was getting into form before his injury.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Silver lining is it's a minimum 20 days until our first final. Might not get him back at all, but with a three week gap until the finals begin there's a chance.

Hoping that Gov just feels the pinch more than other blokes and his reaction wasn't a true indication of the severity of the injury.

Gov has an incredibly ability for his body to recover and to play through pain. Hope we see him in a QF or PF.

Obviously we want him in, but I think we can cover for him against everyone bar Richmond with their two tall KPF.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Simmo on SEN:

Thinks Gov could be many weeks waiting on scan.

No Yeo this week but hoping for first week of finals.

Sheed will be ready this week.

Shuey Def a starter for finals and has turned a corner and progressing well.

Redden, Hutchings & Jetta all a chance for week 1 of finals.
Us rolling into Adelaide first week of the finals with our ins
6BEDDF52-F98D-4B4D-8F5D-346CC6787309.gif

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
TB at least doesn't go for the dinky little kicks off one step that Gov does.

We've got players to replace Gov more than other areas.

I reckon we are a better team with Gov in, but Barrass is a better player with Gov out.

Disagree regarding kicks though. Gov made a blue last night with one kick, but he's got a good boot on him.

TB's kicks that travel higher than they do long kinda drive me insane.

Nuke Fremantle

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
Dullsville
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I reckon we are a better team with Gov in, but Barrass is a better player with Gov out.

Disagree regarding kicks though. Gov made a blue last night with one kick, but he's got a good boot on him.

TB's kicks that travel higher than they do long kinda drive me insane.

I thought Brereton made an interesting comment last night in that he thought that when Gov busted his thumb and was out of the side, Barrass became a bit unsure of his role, whether to hang back or go for marks. The Carlton game is perhaps one example I can think of. Hopefully he's learned a bit from that period.

I thought Brereton made an interesting comment last night in that he thought that when Gov busted his thumb and was out of the side, Barrass became a bit unsure of his role, whether to hang back or go for marks. The Carlton game is perhaps one example I can think of. Hopefully he's learned a bit from that period.

I think having Schofield alongside him will help this time.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

I didn't hear Dermott talk, but just anecdotally I have always felt the exact opposite.

I feel that Barrass isn't entirely sure what to do when Gov is in the area. The Mihochek goal in the 4th Qtr of 2018 GF where they spoiled each is the single best example of what I mean.

I can't remember the Carlton game that well, but I thought Barrass was outstanding in the Geelong/Collingwood/Hawthorn games without Gov around.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe. They have been quite clear that rest is the best thing for him, why bother risking him against second bottom on the ladder? Give him three more weeks off.
A Dr told me that with OP all the evidence is that rest gets the best results. Surgery is ok but it takes the same time to recover and there is a thought that the only benifit is that it forces rest. Surgury does bring in other risks.

Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Would have loved to see Jetta get form before finals, but now he may struggle to get a second look into the team which is disappointing.

Wouldn't be willing to risk Hutchings coming back in, but with Shuey you just have to select him.

Back