News 2020 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can’t help but have so much confidence in this man and the guys he’s brought in.

“We’ve made great progress this year but we’re still not beating the big boys so we need to continue to improve”.

Now compare that quote to the previous administration who were telling us that the midfield was sorted even though we were struggling to even get close to finals and getting absolutely flogged whenever we played a half decent team. They can see that we’re still lacking that star power in the midfield and instead of just sitting and hoping we’ve got it they’re doing their best to go get it. If one or two of our young guys gets to that level it’ll be a nice cherry on top but we won’t be relying on it. Exactly the right way to go about it.

Can’t help but have so much confidence in this man and the guys he’s brought in.

“We’ve made great progress this year but we’re still not beating the big boys so we need to continue to improve”.

Now compare that quote to the previous administration who were telling us that the midfield was sorted even though we were struggling to even get close to finals and getting absolutely flogged whenever we played a half decent team. They can see that we’re still lacking that star power in the midfield and instead of just sitting and hoping we’ve got it they’re doing their best to go get it. If one or two of our young guys gets to that level it’ll be a nice cherry on top but we won’t be relying on it. Exactly the right way to go about it.

I can't help but feel we are being run by people who are in positions well below their real life pay grades and experience. These guys are doing such an incredible job in such a short amount of time, it feels like cheating almost. That seems self deprecating a little bit, maybe. Lethlean would never be in a club role like this if he didn't get turfed out of the AFL the way he did.

We are really lucky right now, this is the best I've felt about this team since 2009.

Lloyd worked with Battle as a junior and they’re pretty close, Battle keeps in touch with him. However, I doubt Battle would be privy to half of the information that Lloyd comes out with, so there could be someone else.

Yes, very much doubt it would be a player. No way they would have access to that type of information. Possibly Gears but not others I wouldn’t think, unless they need a senior player or two to have a chat with a prospect.

But in the case of McKernan for example, the media are saying Dees were in the box seat for him until Ratts went and did a good sales job on him.

Lloyd worked with Battle as a junior and they’re pretty close, Battle keeps in touch with him. However, I doubt Battle would be privy to half of the information that Lloyd comes out with, so there could be someone else.

Probably Lovett-Murray.

Wonder who Lloyd’s “St. Kilda man” is?
Mentions him fairly often.
Wouldn't surprise me if someone high up was deliberately feeding him information so the club can use Lloyd to get their "preferred narrative" circulating in the press. We have these 4D intergalactic level chess players running the show now..........

I'm still not used to enjoying hearing our people speak.
All the years of Richo droning on in mind numbing cliches has left deep wounds that only appear to have healed.

Every time now it's either Lethers, Gags, Ratts, Rath, Rough or Seek guy, and every time it's such a relaxing experience of knowing we're in good hands.
Such a contrast...

I'm still not used to enjoying hearing our people speak.
All the years of Richo droning on in mind numbing cliches has left deep wounds that only appear to have healed.

Every time now it's either Lethers, Gags, Ratts, Rath, Rough or Seek guy, and every time it's such a relaxing experience of knowing we're in good hands.
Such a contrast...
Gwszb9N.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simon Lethlean on Trade Radio

James Gallagher on SEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back