News 2020 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“To which Watson replied: “The one thing I want to see though is them actually do this against one of the better teams in the competition.

“You like to judge a team after they cop a hit, what they do and how they come back in the course of a game. I don’t think we’ve seen that yet from St Kilda.”

Really, Tim? What have you been watching?

- Beaten Tigers, Port (at home) and Bulldogs (all top 8)
- Come back after a bad loss against Freo
- won three games after weathering heavy pressure in the third quarter and put on the after burners....
I laughed when I heard that thinking we literally just did it against the team on top of the ladder.

I laughed when I heard that thinking we literally just did it against the team on top of the ladder.
We have the ability to beat anyone if we have the hunger on the day - the massive test for the club will be Cat's , GWS , WCE and Lions - these 4 clubs to me are the hardest to beat - I would of put Tigers in there to but we already have beaten them and the Magpies when on song are hard to beat but they are having a meltdown.

If we can beat Geelong and keep in the top 4 , with the confidence this young team will get we could be unstoppable.
Membery and Hill have not even performed to there capacity and not even mentioning Ross.
Just imagine if Max King dominates a game , with him and all the kids like Paton , Coffield , Hunter just growing in confidence anything is possible.

I hoped this would happen at the start of the year , but my hopes were dented a bit when we lost to the Roo's but as we thought once the team gelled after 5 to 6 rounds things could click and they have.

This next game is a must win or the team will have the confidence knocked out of them.

Caro sooking on footy classified about Carlisle... Love it.
Yep, the next show's review of the game solely revolved around Carlisle. I keep hearing how 'we stamped this sort of thing out 10-15 years ago' from the media in unison, like they are not capable of thinking for themselves. But if this was stamped out years ago, why was the media in unison in the opposite direction less than 12 months ago? https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...e/news-story/695b8d0c741d21d96719c2a01cbd81ed

Last edited:
Caro sooking on footy classified about Carlisle... Love it.
That was one hell of a spray she gave him..........I'm sitting there thinking..."don't hold back there Caro".

She was in Gold medal form last night.

Caro also criticised Carlisle for not giving the ball back directly to the umpire at a boundary throw-in. If she actually watched games she would know that a lot of AFL players do this a lot of times. I suspect that some teams have it as an instruction to allow their team more time to set up at a boundary throw-in. There is no rule against it as far as I know. You can be free-kicked for wasting time if you heave the ball into the stands or similar but simply dropping it to the ground in the vicinity of the throw-in is not against the rules and is not punished. But somehow she singles out Carlisle for doing it. He is a bit of d*ck-head at times but she shouldn't allow an obvious bias to colour all of her reporting.

Caro also criticised Carlisle for not giving the ball back directly to the umpire at a boundary throw-in. If she actually watched games she would know that a lot of AFL players do this a lot of times. I suspect that some teams have it as an instruction to allow their team more time to set up at a boundary throw-in. There is no rule against it as far as I know. You can be free-kicked for wasting time if you heave the ball into the stands or similar but simply dropping it to the ground in the vicinity of the throw-in is not against the rules and is not punished. But somehow she singles out Carlisle for doing it. He is a bit of d*ck-head at times but she shouldn't allow an obvious bias to colour all of her reporting.
We someone like Carlisle for a bit of venom , as long as he doesn't give away stupid free kicks.
He might be a dic/ but he is a might fine Key defender.

love snake, he may be a bit of a fool but he's not a wife basher sex offender so I'm totally fine with him acting up a lil here and there if he continues to play like he is, one of the best defenders in the comp currently, up there with the least goals scored on a defender for the year. Also having someone for the boys to get behind/support is good for the us vs them mentality which can be a good thing for the team. The media are absolutely brilliant at making something out of nothing

love snake, he may be a bit of a fool but he's not a wife basher sex offender so I'm totally fine with him acting up a lil here and there if he continues to play like he is, one of the best defenders in the comp currently, up there with the least goals scored on a defender for the year. Also having someone for the boys to get behind/support is good for the us vs them mentality which can be a good thing for the team. The media are absolutely brilliant at making something out of nothing
Agree completely, storm in a teacup type stuff. Whilst I'll admit it's a bad look, if a player takes the field he is fair game irrespective of pre-existing injury or not IMO. Rampe had the opportunity to sit out the game and didn't. Not to mention Carlisle looked like he only connected maybe twice, and it wasn't a flush hit either time - I guess that's why he only got fined $500 as opposed to someone like Stevie Baker years ago that got 9 weeks for a similar incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no shortage of footage of Rampe using that hand to whack, niggle and antagonise Saints players during the game, no sympathy from me and the media bozos trying to stir up antagonism are ****ing dropkicks. Right decision by the match review officer.

We someone like Carlisle for a bit of venom , as long as he doesn't give away stupid free kicks.
He might be a dic/ but he is a might fine Key defender.

That's one of the reasons we recruited him, to play the enforcer role and give us a nasty edge as we had too many nice guys that let teams walk all over us.

We shouldn't really complain when he steps over the line occasionally providing he plays his role and doesn't get himself suspended or give away stupid frees.

Thought that was one of the worst 50’s I’ve ever seen. The ball was thrown back on the full from a considerable distance. If hejogged 10 meters closer to throw it with a lower arc it would have taken up more time than throwing it high to make the distance.

Thought that was one of the worst 50’s I’ve ever seen. The ball was thrown back on the full from a considerable distance. If hejogged 10 meters closer to throw it with a lower arc it would have taken up more time than throwing it high to make the distance.

Different incident to what you quoted but completely agree, was a joke of a 50. Umpire was expecting him to bullet a throw from 30 metres.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Different incident to what you quoted but completely agree, was a joke of a 50. Umpire was expecting him to bullet a throw from 30 metres.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oh, woops. Carlisle is a lightning rod for derision from the media. Somehow I doubt he loses a single second of sleep over it, though.

So Carlisles action triggered Caro? Good, rotten spiteful campaigner.

She knows nothing about football and is a gossip columnist.

As I posted yesterday, the goons in the media tutt tutting about 'not a good look for the AFL'
But guess what, on the match highlights on their official website, it is featured front and centre.
The blatant hypocrisy is there for all to see.

Lets face it the AFL didn't give a stuff, ironically gave Carlisle a smack on the hand with $500.
Only hyperbole driven SJW's like Wilson trying pathetically to make headlines thought anything of it.

What a ridiculous rant that was. It happens at least 10 times a game. Have a look about 9:30 to go in the first quarter. Rampe does it. No big deal.
Caro does some great work in footy journalism, but when it comes to actual footy, she should leave it to others.

That's one of the reasons we recruited him, to play the enforcer role and give us a nasty edge as we had too many nice guys that let teams walk all over us.

We shouldn't really complain when he steps over the line occasionally providing he plays his role and doesn't get himself suspended or give away stupid frees.
You need players with mongrel in them, Every successful side for forever has them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back