Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Bristol City FC
he's 21!

by this time a lot of upcoming young defenders were playing senior footy
Granted, but he needs experience before we give up on him. It has taken him this long just to get an AFL build and be clear of injuries. Maybe he won't make it but I'd like to see us persevere for another year of VFL development at least before tossing him. He can't develop much in the odd scratch match. You're pronouncing his career over from the other side of the country by reading the odd report here and there. Give him a chance!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StCicatriz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 3, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Granted, but he needs experience before we give up on him. It has taken him this long just to get an AFL build and be clear of injuries. Maybe he won't make it but I'd like to see us persevere for another year of VFL development at least before tossing him. He can't develop much in the odd scratch match. You're pronouncing his career over from the other side of the country by reading the odd report here and there. Give him a chance!
i think you are right and he might get another year, but i wouldn't be surprised if the club just cuts and run on him. all dependant on the moves around him i guess

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just watched the video in that article. Gotta be honest, pretty hard watching. I think a lot of people would have been through similar situations. I can remember being a kid and losing family in similar circumstances. Lot of respect for him and his attitude and achievements given the hand he has been dealt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StJHD

Senior List
Nov 29, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ross: "It has been a bit of an indifferent role I've played this year...". Certainly indifference would describe some of those performances in the first half of the season. Pleasingly his application has improved since his injury lay-off.

goodie23

Tragic Saint
Dec 25, 2006
Home
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Australia, Victoria
The sheer joy in that song reminds me why I love football. And just watch the buy-in - Dougs is instrumental in enlarging the circle so everyone can be a part of it. Wilkie attacks his solo more aggressively than some poor forward caught under the ball. Hanners is whooping it up and dancing along. Butler clapping and spraying water. All these players have been at the club two years or less and they're all in. I love it.

Top Bottom