News 2020 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets kick things off with new recruit Dan Butler chatting to the boys on SEN

Caro giving Matt Finnis in particular, but also Andrew Bassett and Lethers a huge rap on 3AW for turning the club around and for hiring a great coach.

Also very complimentary about the respectful and professional way Richo’s departing of the club was handled.

Did mention we still needed a little work on the debt but overall she was glowing in her praise. Makes a nice change.

Last edited:

Caro giving Matt Finnis in particular, but also Andrew Bassett and Lethers a huge rap on 3AW for turning the club around and for hiring a great coach.

Also very complimentary about the respectful and professional way Richo’s departing of the club was handled.

Did mention we still needed a little work on the debt but overall she was glowing in her praise. Makes a nice change.

we'll know by the end of 2021 if the changes are any good. if they are we play finals in 2021. if not, i think it was a case of change looking good before the results came in.

i think we had to change without a doubt and should have done so sooner, but we won't know if it's any good until the end of 2021.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
we'll know by the end of 2021 if the changes are any good. if they are we play finals in 2021. if not, i think it was a case of change looking good before the results came in.

i think we had to change without a doubt and should have done so sooner, but we won't know if it's any good until the end of 2021.
unless we win the flag next year

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda

Wow.

Not sure how to handle Caro without the normal Kero. She's right though!

Agree that the results are obviously important, but in the short term, the perception of the club by outsiders, after a successful trade period - and by that I mean attracting and signing every player that nominated us ( I’m not talking about who we rate or don’t) is extremely positive at the moment.

This can only be a good thing., especially for marketing the club. Remember that getting our act together off field is as important as the on field, in fact that actually is a prerequisite of a successful club.

May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kingdom Kangaroos, Sandy Zebras

And just underlines she's a ******* hypocrite who'll write anything for reads. She was scathing of Finnis barely 9 months ago.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

St Muir

All Australian
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
And just underlines she's a ******* hypocrite who'll write anything for reads. She was scathing of Finnis barely 9 months ago.

True but it shows a changing of the media narrative. They usually break things down to simple good vs bad stories and run with comments/views based on that. It’s much easier than thinking. It’s a promising sign that several of them are shifting their position.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
True but it shows a changing of the media narrative. They usually break things down to simple good vs bad stories and run with comments/views based on that. It’s much easier than thinking. It’s a promising sign that several of them are shifting their position.
Agree.
None of them want to look stupid like Kingy did when he said we won't win a game.

Caro, Purple and the others will have to be more measured because even they can see the ship turning quickly now.

Finnis and Summers did great work getting the club back to Moorabbin.
The new admin has leveraged off that with on and off field recruitment.

There is a Buzz down Moorabbin way and it ain't Woody's mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda

Shouldn’t her opinion change when the circumstances change? Or do you think she should keep one opinion forever, regardless of how the world evolves in that time?

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda

She started her comments by saying how much pressure Finnis was under this time last year, and what a remarkable job he has done to steady the ship and turn the club around.

That's not being hypocritical. Thats acknowledging that things can change in the space of 9 months.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
I suspect she's just feeling magnanimous right now after witnessing her beloved Tigers win their 2nd flag in 3 years!
I'm tipping we will see a softer Caro from here on, which is strangely just as unsettling as the hard edged miserable one!

But agree over all, it's just nice to see the narrative be positive belatedly and it will help to have some more supportive media
For a change within this very fickle industry! We are long overdue a break from the scribes who whether we like it or not
Influence perception out there with the masses! Hopefully the club keeps making every post a winner off field to really take
Advantage of the feel good factor and can galvanise the restless supporter base into a big spike in membership!

Then for the most important thing that counts the playing group to ride the momentum into the finals!
Can feel a big year for the club in my loins folks.....The long awaited Justified Juggernaut is about to take hold
And sweep the nation with it's magnificent fervour! Feel the Zeal Sainters! :stkilda:

Well....A man can dream can't he? Or possibly Hallucinate. Not sure which one! 😏

Actually she’s a critical journo, not afraid to whack anyone, AFL included, or give credit when necessary. The club has made huge strides since nine months ago and they are getting some acknowledgement for it.

I’ve disliked her on occasion as much as the next person - usually when she’s been critical of the Saints - however in most cases she is spot on.

I’ll take her over some of the sycophantic ”journos” that cover the sport anyway.

*And it was on the radio, not in The papers.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Nothing new I guess, but given that he hasn't been able to train, and the amount he'd have to do to get back to being AFL ready, it's pretty much impossible to see Paddy playing in 2020. Which will bring him to the end of his contract, so very hard to see him playing again really.

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nothing new I guess, but given that he hasn't been able to train, and the amount he'd have to do to get back to being AFL ready, it's pretty much impossible to see Paddy playing in 2020. Which will bring him to the end of his contract, so very hard to see him playing again really.

I know its harsh but we will have to the cord at some stage, I just wish the club would pay him out and let him move on....the longer they let it drag out the harder it will be.

I suspect she's just feeling magnanimous right now after witnessing her beloved Tigers win their 2nd flag in 3 years!
I'm tipping we will see a softer Caro from here on, which is strangely just as unsettling as the hard edged miserable one!

But agree over all, it's just nice to see the narrative be positive belatedly and it will help to have some more supportive media
For a change within this very fickle industry! We are long overdue a break from the scribes who whether we like it or not
Influence perception out there with the masses! Hopefully the club keeps making every post a winner off field to really take
Advantage of the feel good factor and can galvanise the restless supporter base into a big spike in membership!

Then for the most important thing that counts the playing group to ride the momentum into the finals!
Can feel a big year for the club in my loins folks.....The long awaited Justified Juggernaut is about to take hold
And sweep the nation with it's magnificent fervour! Feel the Zeal Sainters! :stkilda:

Well....A man can dream can't he? Or possibly Hallucinate. Not sure which one! 😏
Doris!

Grab me some Valium!

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
I know its harsh but we will have to the cord at some stage, I just wish the club would pay him out and let him move on....the longer they let it drag out the harder it will be.
I disagree. Having him around a support structure for the year can only be a good thing. Its not like the club is going to lie to him about where things are at but it will allow him to access all the facilities and programs the club offers. Much in the same way Roberton focused on more of a coaching role there may be avenues for Paddy to pursue.

Also I think other footballers look at the way we treat our players like this as something important. We do not and will not cut someone loose because of situations outside their control and pospective players will definitely notice that.

I disagree. Having him around a support structure for the year can only be a good thing. Its not like the club is going to lie to him about where things are at but it will allow him to access all the facilities and programs the club offers. Much in the same way Roberton focused on more of a coaching role there may be avenues for Paddy to pursue.

Also I think other footballers look at the way we treat our players like this as something important. We do not and will not cut someone loose because of situations outside their control and pospective players will definitely notice that.

didn't we just do that with Longer and pierce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back