Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
Why does this journo keep saying the following in the article:
“If the Saints beat the Giants in Round 18, they just need the Bulldogs to lose at least once to be sure of a return to finals.

They can also afford a loss to the Giants if they beat the Eagles, while seeing the Bulldogs lose at least once.

Am I missing something? We have a massive percentage advantage over the Dogs, why, if we win 1 game do we need them to lose one as well?

“If the Saints beat the Giants in Round 18, they just need the Bulldogs to lose at least once to be sure of a return to finals.

They can also afford a loss to the Giants if they beat the Eagles, while seeing the Bulldogs lose at least once.

Am I missing something? We have a massive percentage advantage over the Dogs, why, if we win 1 game do we need them to lose one as well?
Because journalism.

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

it’s far from enough to bank on. Eagles beat is by 8 goals tomorrow and dogs win by 6 goals it basically evaporates.

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Kelly was choosing between GWS and North last time. We might have been in there, but ultimately his final choice was North vs GWS. No reason to think anything has changed there.

I don’t believe that was the case at all.

Besides would Kelly choose a club set for a long rebuild or a club that is on the verge of something special?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the same source is making supporters lose their minds in the trade thread.

(The 5 year Caldwell deal)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Extend Steele for 2 years but offer Caldwell 5.

In this climate.

Interesting...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda

“If I wasn’t in quarantine then I would probably put my hand up to play Round 18,” Hannebery told reporters at The Mercure Hotel.

That's a relief, for some reason I thought he'd reinjured himself somehow.

“The surgeon said there was a bit of funky stuff when he went in there. Fingers crossed that is the end of it. It has been that same area and same spot the whole time.”
Fingers crossed indeed.

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
it’s far from enough to bank on. Eagles beat is by 8 goals tomorrow and dogs win by 6 goals it basically evaporates.
I wouldn’t mind if he put it the reasonable way you did just now: that would make sense.

The way he wrote it, it seemed like the main way we’d make it was for the Dogs to lose, which isn’t the case. He didn’t even mention percentage.

Extend Steele for 2 years but offer Caldwell 5.

In this climate.

Interesting...

i'd say it'd be based off what each player wants

it makes sense for steele to sign a short term deal, he'll bank on his form improving and the cap post covid to go up. plus free agency.

caldwell because not established will want a longer term deal.

clubs stance though, interesting as you put it.

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
He said it himself, it was between North and GWS.

I think he was asked how close he was to going to Norf and he said "yeah tough decision but blah, blah blah".

He wasn't going to respond with 'well actually I'd agreed to go to St Kilda if I decided to leave".

Which is what I heard he had done from a very solid source... isn't that correct tbarker

WTF

They were injured weren’t they?

8A7D0E1D-89FF-4C39-B372-6A4BCD89F9F5.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back