News 2020 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just watched the video in that article. Gotta be honest, pretty hard watching. I think a lot of people would have been through similar situations. I can remember being a kid and losing family in similar circumstances. Lot of respect for him and his attitude and achievements given the hand he has been dealt.

can anyone get this article

Rowan Marshall preparing to play his 50th AFL game for St Kilda

George can you find the segment on Channel 7news earlier, about the Saints saving the jobs of some disabled workers? Just saw it on Twitter.
It’s fantastic stuff.

Last edited:
George can you find the segment on Channel 7news earlier, anoyt the Saints saving the jobs of some disabled workers? Just saw it on Twitter.
It’s fantastic stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross: "It has been a bit of an indifferent role I've played this year...". Certainly indifference would describe some of those performances in the first half of the season. Pleasingly his application has improved since his injury lay-off.

The sheer joy in that song reminds me why I love football. And just watch the buy-in - Dougs is instrumental in enlarging the circle so everyone can be a part of it. Wilkie attacks his solo more aggressively than some poor forward caught under the ball. Hanners is whooping it up and dancing along. Butler clapping and spraying water. All these players have been at the club two years or less and they're all in. I love it.

How a Shane Warne pep talk inspired St Kilda’s finals spot
He’s St Kilda’s biggest fan, but could Shane Warne have inspired the club’s first finals appearance since 2011? The King of Spin reveals the stirring speech he delivered to the success-starved Saints before they entered their Queensland hub.

Spin king Shane Warne has revealed he delivered a hub pep talk to his beloved Saints who are finals bound for the first time since 2011.
Warne has been following the team from London and has offered his advice for the big match.

“I got on a zoom call when they first went into the bubble and I spoke to the team about touring life and being stuck away from home and everything,’’ Warne said.

“They seemed to like it and I gave them a few little things which I think they’ve implemented.

“I watch every single game over here and any good games I watch twice.

“(Rowan) Marshall, (Jack) Steele, this year there’s a couple of players that have just played unbelievable. (Dan) Butler’s been a great pick up.

“I still think a few of the big players have been a bit down on form. We need them to stand up this week. We need the senior big contracted players to stand up, when the heat is on.”

Warne next heads to Dubai for the IPL, and then hopes to return home after his duties finish on October 17.

“I think Andrew has done a terrific job at St Kilda behind the scenes and I’m more than happy to help out,’’ Warne said.

Warne said he wants to see a St Kilda premiership in his lifetime.

Born three years after the club won its only flag in 1966, the spin king would love to end the drought in 2020.

“We should have a couple of flags,’’ Warne said.

“Those three or four year periods — 08, 09, 10, 11 — I thought we were the best side in the competition.

“We had a tied grand final, we lost the grand final to Geelong, with the team we had there we should have won a couple of grand finals but unfortunately we weren’t good enough.

“I’m hoping in my lifetime I’ll get to see another one.”

One of Australia’s greatest ever cricketers, Warne has a clear message for the team as it heads into October’s finals series.

“When the pressure is on and it’s fever pitch and it’s intense, just ask yourself this question: What does the team need me to do right now?

“And lastly, effort is a choice.

“They’re my two things to finish on. Good luck to the Saints, do us proud and we’re all right behind you.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back