Memberships 2020 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 48,775)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
respect is a two way street ... there has to be some coming back ... the truth is boomers could afford a home on a single income working a 5 day week getting overtime for weekends from a job they got by going to uni that the goverment paid for.. for them to then call millenials lazy when the truth is a double income is struggling to save for a depost on a home , we are working in a climate where govenment are willing to bend to business's to make Saturday and sunday standard working day and cut penalty rates in service jobs that are the only suplement many of us have to pay or huge uni debts to get a decent job ..

boomers congratualte themselves for their protests against government ending them being forced to go to war (and good on them) but in the same breath call millenials pointless and idealistic because we dear to protest against the thing threatening our future in climate change.

you can only call a geneartion lazy and self entitled for so long before they arc back up at you , yes boomers are copping it more now but realistically thats only because the milenialls have had enough ...
in my work i employ and manage both millenials and boomers i can tell you 100% the most issues i have and the most disputes i have to resolve are instigated by the boomers, the work ethic the boomers think they have is really not all its cracked up to be and in fact many process improvement programs i have put in place have shown that the old school fellas are double handling and working less efficently than the younger guys so while they seem to be doing more in their mind their out put is less ?!?!? and they call the kid next to them doing the job more efficently lazy cause he takes his alocated breaks cause hes finished the task before them.
for the most part i think its a case of misunderstanding the younger generation do things differantly so the older guys see that as they are doing it wrong, the older guys dont like being shown how to do something by the younger guys because "what would they know ive been doing this since before they were born"...
i see it more and more where the older generation to the boomers were passing down knowledge and experiance to their younger boomer children this boomer generation are (for lack of a better word) fearful of passing on their experiance for fear of being overtaken they also a lot of the time dont have the patence to understand that kids today learn a little differant then the old days ...

thankfully i do have a few boomer generation guys who break that stereotype and they are fantastic mentors to the young blokes
Yep, it goes both ways for sure.
Each generation has a range of knowledge, skill, drive, passion etc...
There's always been the bell curve of people and that's why recruitment is so important. We all need to recruit well choose carefully.

But aren't we worried about the environment?

It is better for the environment to not give dated scarves to people, give them one if they opt in with the memebership. If not they can wear the same one. If we win a premiership let them buy "collectibles" with dates on them.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
its that stuff that really grids our gears ... its not the mum and dad who worked for 40 years to raise us its the corrupt top end that seem to be pushing us down more and more
There we are... common ground against corruption. It's rife now and has penetrated governments and across borders with other countries. Shameful

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Boomer, like Bogan is an attitude more than age.
I am a boomer and would be more progressive than most people whatever their age.

I find ok boomer great how it triggers the boomers it is aimed at
Spot on about attitude being the problem Joff

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
respect is a two way street ... there has to be some coming back ... the truth is boomers could afford a home on a single income working a 5 day week getting overtime for weekends from a job they got by going to uni that the goverment paid for.. for them to then call millenials lazy when the truth is a double income is struggling to save for a depost on a home , we are working in a climate where govenment are willing to bend to business's to make Saturday and sunday standard working day and cut penalty rates in service jobs that are the only suplement many of us have to pay or huge uni debts to get a decent job ..

boomers congratualte themselves for their protests against government ending them being forced to go to war (and good on them) but in the same breath call millenials pointless and idealistic because we dear to protest against the thing threatening our future in climate change.

you can only call a geneartion lazy and self entitled for so long before they arc back up at you , yes boomers are copping it more now but realistically thats only because the milenialls have had enough ...
in my work i employ and manage both millenials and boomers i can tell you 100% the most issues i have and the most disputes i have to resolve are instigated by the boomers, the work ethic the boomers think they have is really not all its cracked up to be and in fact many process improvement programs i have put in place have shown that the old school fellas are double handling and working less efficently than the younger guys so while they seem to be doing more in their mind their out put is less ?!?!? and they call the kid next to them doing the job more efficently lazy cause he takes his alocated breaks cause hes finished the task before them.
for the most part i think its a case of misunderstanding the younger generation do things differantly so the older guys see that as they are doing it wrong, the older guys dont like being shown how to do something by the younger guys because "what would they know ive been doing this since before they were born"...
i see it more and more where the older generation to the boomers were passing down knowledge and experiance to their younger boomer children this boomer generation are (for lack of a better word) fearful of passing on their experiance for fear of being overtaken they also a lot of the time dont have the patence to understand that kids today learn a little differant then the old days ...

thankfully i do have a few boomer generation guys who break that stereotype and they are fantastic mentors to the young blokes
And we had national service and had to serve in Vietnam.
Two can play this inter gen garbage.
Boomers have had benefits but also worn costs.
As any generation before and after.
Why you introduced this topic I have no idea.
Waste of everyone’s time.

Agreed. Just out of interest I gather AFL members with Saints support would be counted by now as they have deducted it from my account?
Yea they would have.

Its a pity I dont get counted as two as I have both a home/Away and AFL membership

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
And we had national service and had to serve in Vietnam.
Two can play this inter gen garbage.
Boomers have had benefits but also worn costs.
As any generation before and after.
Why you introduced this topic I have no idea.
Waste of everyone’s time.

The funny thing is, no matter what is said - NOTHING will shift anyones opinion on it.

Anyway, for those that have received their Woman's team membership pack - what stuff do you get with it, if anything? I understand some people got their card in the same packaging the Mens came in, but I've gotta wait until January.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Because my club membership and AFL club support card both have the same member number
I’m a little confused. You are an AFL member with saints support which is the same as me but also have a saints membership and they give you the same number? Is that right? What if you cancel your membership and start again? I suppose they just give the same number?

That means if I bought 50 memberships in my name they would obviously all have the same number.

I’m a little confused. You are an AFL member with saints support which is the same as me but also have a saints membership and they give you the same number? Is that right? What if you cancel your membership and start again? I suppose they just give the same number?
Yes my club membership has the exact same 6 digits as my AFL club support membership card.
Its been that way for the entire time Ive been an AFL member
I suspect they know the club membership and AFL membership belong to the same person. Either way I get two member packs. Both packs have 10 year member stuff in them.

Ive been a club member longer than an AFL one.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just wondering of by chance any of you have a Large 2020 member's polo that's too small for you?

I stupidly ordered an XL and it's like a smock on me. I'm hoping for a swap. I rang the club and they've sold out of larges so I can't exchange it there. :(

If I can't get a swap in here, anyone wanting an XL it'll be free to a good home. PM me if keen.

We should pass the hat around and all put in $10 for him to buy one.
If we are trying to keep someones consecutive membership years going ill chip in...you dont even need to keep the same membership if you downgrad to save the coin...the consec years will still count.

Anyway, for those that have received their Woman's team membership pack - what stuff do you get with it, if anything? I understand some people got their card in the same packaging the Mens came in, but I've gotta wait until January.
15757622893776833388701502936634.jpg

Ok so the womens stuff is the seat cushion and the bottom sticker and membership card
The keyrings above the mens sticker is what u get as an interstate premium member for the mens, showing the back and the front.
The beanie was my item choice, mrs took the scarf...glad i grabbed beanie as ive seen better scarfs over the years tbh
We only got 2 lanyards it seems (with both mens interstate prem m/ships) so dont think one comes with the girls

After looking at the girls card, the consecutive years of membership is printed on the back of it as well as the mens card.
So im wondering if peeps are struggling could u actually grab a girls membership to keep those consec years going??
Whats the smallest mens m/ship?
3 gamer?
Either way youd be contributing to the club.

Boomer, like Bogan is an attitude more than age.
I am a boomer and would be more progressive than most people whatever their age.

I find ok boomer great how it triggers the boomers it is aimed at
Agree mate

Some of the best people I know are boomers. Loving, caring. Strong sense of empathy and wanting to provide a better life for their kids and grand kids. Incredibly selfless and hard working.

But like they told me there's a lot of their friends in the same generation that are entitled and selfish and just not very good people.

I reckon when my generation gets that old there will be good people and bad. Just like there is with boomers.

I think why the boomer thing is such a big deal now is because we've seen such a massive amount of wealth generated with the change in economy but the safety net for people are being eroded. So there's been a growth in the have and have nots which is now almost aligned by age.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Agree mate

Some of the best people I know are boomers. Loving, caring. Strong sense of empathy and wanting to provide a better life for their kids and grand kids. Incredibly selfless and hard working.

But like they told me there's a lot of their friends in the same generation that are entitled and selfish and just not very good people.

I reckon when my generation gets that old there will be good people and bad. Just like there is with boomers.

I think why the boomer thing is such a big deal now is because we've seen such a massive amount of wealth generated with the change in economy but the safety net for people are being eroded. So there's been a growth in the have and have nots which is now almost aligned by age.
Agreed with this. Some retirees seem to think their taxes is like a bank and they are entitled to withdraw it.

6 billion a year in free money to already rich retirees a year through franking credits.

All the while pensioners are screwed.

When boomers were born, houses were cheap and everything else expensive, hence crappy cars, one tv, holidays in Sorrento.
Now it is on its head, os travel, cars, electronics are cheap but houses are almost out of reach for many lower middle class kids, no job security, gig economy etc.

Meanwhile me at nearly 60 goes on os trips yearly, investment property, and a fully owned 1 million $ plus house.

No wonder later gens look at boomers like we are selfish kents.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Agreed with this. Some retirees seem to think their taxes is like a bank and they are entitled to withdraw it.

6 billion a year in free money to already rich retirees a year through franking credits.

All the while pensioners are screwed.

When boomers were born, houses were cheap and everything else expensive, hence crappy cars, one tv, holidays in Sorrento.
Now it is on its head, os travel, cars, electronics are cheap but houses are almost out of reach for many lower middle class kids, no job security, gig economy etc.

Meanwhile me at nearly 60 goes on os trips yearly, investment property, and a fully owned 1 million $ plus house.

No wonder later gens look at boomers like we are selfish kents.
I would argue that Some boomers missed out Many years of super so a lot don’t have much money to fall back on. When today’s people retire they will have so much more money to enjoy themselves. Boomers most likely do have a house but that’s no good to generate income to go on a holiday. Anyway most Australians what ever age are better off than most others around the world.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
I would argue that Some boomers missed out Many years of super so a lot don’t have much money to fall back on. When today’s people retire they will have so much more money to enjoy themselves. Boomers most likely do have a house but that’s no good to generate income to go on a holiday. Anyway most Australians what ever age are better off than most others around the world.
Yes correct, many do not have super, this is why that it is so wrong that rich boomers get 6 billion free money a year while many pensioners are struggling.

Why you think the coming generations will have more in super is strange. Super had been around 35 years so its not new. What is is the increased casualisation of the workforce meaning less super.
Couple that with crippling uni debts that boomers never had, and now this govt wants to charge the same for TAFE.

Kids are now supposed to save for a house, pay their education debts and live, while all the time full time work decreases.

Not all kids dont have it easy at all, just as not all boomers have it easy. It is a lazy stereotype many fall into.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Yes correct, many do not have super, this is why that it is so wrong that rich boomers get 6 billion free money a year while many pensioners are struggling.

Why you think the coming generations will have more in super is strange. Super had been around 35 years so its not new. What is is the increased casualisation of the workforce meaning less super.
Couple that with crippling uni debts that boomers never had, and now this govt wants to charge the same for TAFE.

Kids are now supposed to save for a house, pay their education debts and live, while all the time full time work decreases.

Not all kids dont have it easy at all, just as not all boomers have it easy. It is a lazy stereotype many fall into.
Sounds Political to me And that interests me like vegemite soup does. Interesting that not all kids have it easy now. Obviously just a statement because I never said didn’t. Totally agree by the way. I say that about super because it’s going up to 12% I believe or close to. Yes some work casually but usually when they are younger. I doubt the majority work casually all their working life and I was talking in general. Anyway go the libs.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Sounds Political to me And that interests me like vegemite soup does. Interesting that not all kids have it easy now. Obviously just a statement because I never said didn’t. Totally agree by the way. I say that about super because it’s going up to 12% I believe or close to. Yes some work casually but usually when they are younger. I doubt the majority work casually all their working life and I was talking in general. Anyway go the libs.
Everything is political.

The all kids have it easy statement wasn't directed at you BTW.

Kids will see more casualisation as entry level jobs disappear to automation. Libs blocking 12% super, oops political again.

Shouldn't say go Libs or go Lab, it is not a football match.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Everything is political.

The all kids have it easy statement wasn't directed at you BTW.

Kids will see more casualisation as entry level jobs disappear to automation. Libs blocking 12% super, oops political again.

Shouldn't say go Libs or go Lab, it is not a football match.
It is for me. Actually it’s nothing for me. Doesn’t change a thing for me. Got to go. Vegemite soup is getting cold

Are you sure about that? Many of my wife's nursing ward are casual. No sick leave. No holiday leave.

Short term contracts and casual employment is becoming common.

It's no longer something for high school kids and uni students working a major retailer or fast food joint. It's literally across all industries now.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Are you sure about that? Many of my wife's nursing ward are casual. No sick leave. No holiday leave.

Short term contracts and casual employment is becoming common.

It's no longer something for high school kids and uni students working a major retailer or fast food joint. It's literally across all industries now.
62% to 20% in 2018

Back