Memberships 2020 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 48,775)

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously do you honestly think ive been a lawn mower man all my life. You like me have no knowledge of our abilities or what we know on subjects. We could all be lying with what we do and have done. And im certainly not a gardener. I mow lawns.
Don't care, I just know that 15 years in working in a membership organisation where the membership department is part of my business unit, I would have an idea.

The gardener analogy had nothing to do with what you do or don't for a living.

Seriously do you honestly think ive been a lawn mower man all my life. You like me have no knowledge of our abilities or what we know on subjects. We could all be lying with what we do and have done. And im certainly not a gardener. I mow lawns.
I read that the first time and thought you said you've been a lawn mower all your life.

Funny. Sick of the Boomer bashing to be honest and I'm not even a Boomer by the way. Maybe think about what the Govt hasn't fine in terms of water infrastructure over several decades.

Don't forget to tell your parents you don't want any inheritance and your happy for them to donate the lot to a worthwhile charity.
sick of boomer bashing .... try being a millenial getting labled lazy all the time , getting labled entitled , the perception we dont work hard for what we get ....
the irony of hangin sh*t on us for participation medals when the boomers gave them to us
hanging sh*t on us for having high ambitions when our entire childhood boomers were telling us we could be anything
generational sh*tfights is the biggest pointless activity.. they had it hard respect that but we have it hard as well but in a differant way to how they had it hard ... final result everyone in their own way has it hard , everyone in their own way has worked hard to get to where they are...

as for my inheritance from my folks i would much rather they spend it all, stimulate the ecconomy now and help our generation with jobs servicing that spending i know i personally dont expect any inheritance at all

I honestly don't understand what the baby boomers did wrong. I am one but just. and so are most of my mates. All employed, all own their own house, all have kids. Seems like a bloody good generation to me.
Exactly. The average Mum and Dad have done nothing but work their life away to create a better and easier future for their kids.

I think the Go Boomer s**t slagging is bloody disrespectful from some who remain financially hanging off their parents and still living at home well into their 20's and even 30's & 40's.

There are Boomers who know they will have baby hughey kids living with them forever.

Show some ******* respect I reckon!

Last edited:
Are you saying it's not a good look seeing homeless people in St.Kilda merchandise or are you saying in general it's a waste.

Because I don't think many people see a homeless person in a clubs merchandise and think 's**t that club must be bad'. I personally don't even notice.

The Mission distribute it. It's mostly a massive waste and the amount of available clothing for the underprivileged is huge in Oz. We throw away so much stuff once it's out of style or season. In St Kilda the really crazy people who harass people for cash and cigarettes are all decked out. It does kind of make me think it's a bad look for the club. It takes some of the exclusiveness out of it.

sick of boomer bashing .... try being a millenial getting labled lazy all the time , getting labled entitled , the perception we dont work hard for what we get ....
the irony of hangin sh*t on us for participation medals when the boomers gave them to us
hanging sh*t on us for having high ambitions when our entire childhood boomers were telling us we could be anything
generational sh*tfights is the biggest pointless activity.. they had it hard respect that but we have it hard as well but in a differant way to how they had it hard ... final result everyone in their own way has it hard , everyone in their own way has worked hard to get to where they are...

as for my inheritance from my folks i would much rather they spend it all, stimulate the ecconomy now and help our generation with jobs servicing that spending i know i personally dont expect any inheritance at all
Not trying to have a go at you in particular Trav.

Many Boomers and certainly those before had no air conditioners, computers, laptops, smart phones, fit bits, and all things wifi.
If we wanted to cool down we opened windows or blew a fan past a tray of ice.

It's a different world and your generation has tools to do many great things. I'd like to see Gen Y, Z, Next and the Millenials use these to make improvements.
Simply bitching to our generations won't bring about any constructive change with generational buy in.

Sorry George for taking thread off topic.
Probs should have been in the general solve world problems thread.

Last edited:
The Mission distribute it. It's mostly a massive waste and the amount of available clothing for the underprivileged is huge in Oz. We throw away so much stuff once it's out of style or season. In St Kilda the really crazy people who harass people for cash and cigarettes are all decked out. It does kind of make me think it's a bad look for the club. It takes some of the exclusiveness out of it.
Yeah but in Collingwood and Footscray you'd see the same stuff. Irrespective of what club it is I don't notice it and don't think the club is s**t because someone who looks disheveled is wearing it.

Probably an issue to do with capitalism however. Joffa made a good point earlier.

Funny. Sick of the Boomer bashing to be honest and I'm not even a Boomer by the way. Maybe think about what the Govt hasn't fine in terms of water infrastructure over several decades.

Don't forget to tell your parents you don't want any inheritance and your happy for them to donate the lot to a worthwhile charity.

My Boomer parents went off and became Hippies, campaigners blew a heap of my inheritance. Irresponsible bums.

Exactly. The average Mum and Dad have done nothing but work their life away to create a better and easier future for their kids.

I think the Go Boomer s**t slagging is bloody disrespectful from some who remain financially hanging off their parents and still libing at homr well into their 20's and even 30's & 40's.

There are Boomers who know they will have baby hughey kids living with them forever.

I think it's become generation wars because the economy is stuffed. The people who make decisions who are boomers are corrupt scum but a lot of boomers are not much better off than the youth. Plenty haven't set themselves up. Bashing any generation is pretty pointless. People can be campaigners at any age.

Yeah but in Collingwood and Footscray you'd see the same stuff. Irrespective of what club it is I don't notice it and don't think the club is s**t because someone who looks disheveled is wearing it.

Probably an issue to do with capitalism however. Joffa made a good point earlier.

The only thing about that is a good media campaign can sell the idea as a positive. Make people coming on board select at the end of the previous year what they would like. We have a friend who works for a big company who retail clothes and homewares. They can get stuff designed and send a file to their manufacturers who will have it back in a week from China if they want it fast. They can get all their printing done and airfreighted for much less than printing here.

You don't have to have 60,000 units of everything ready to roll. Having member 2019 or 2020 written on them makes them disposable too. I have put last years scarf on on the way out the door and ended up taking it off after realising. If they just had a remodelled undated one they could last 10 years without any problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's become generation wars because the economy is stuffed. The people who make decisions who are boomers are corrupt scum but a lot of boomers are not much better off than the youth. Plenty haven't set themselves up. Bashing any generation is pretty pointless. People can be campaigners at any age.
Agree mate. Corrupt campaigners are doing it blatantly in the open these days.

The Casey Councillor Aziz for example taking $900k bribe from a developer. When it became public pissed off overseas with the cash pleading innocence.

Clive Palmer should be in Jail for manipulating a Government election for personal gain (mine approval) without ever being after a seat.

Last edited:
The only thing about that is a good media campaign can sell the idea as a positive. Make people coming on board select at the end of the previous year what they would like. We have a friend who works for a big company who retail clothes and homewares. They can get stuff designed and send a file to their manufacturers who will have it back in a week from China if they want it fast. They can get all their printing done and airfreighted for much less than printing here.

You don't have to have 60,000 units of everything ready to roll. Having member 2019 or 2020 written on them makes them disposable too. I have put last years scarf on on the way out the door and ended up taking it off after realising. If they just had a remodelled undated one they could last 10 years without any problem.
Having the years on the merchandise makes it a money making tool and better yet if we win a flag people will hold onto that years merch for life - or at least I will.

The idea to opt in works as a long term strategy but doesn't factor in on field performance - which is impossible.

There was a guy who posted on here saying that he can’t rejoin this year cause he lost his job? Anyone know if he ended up geting work ? Or if the club could help with a one off thing helping him with memberships

I think the Go Boomer s**t slagging is bloody disrespectful from some who remain financially hanging off their parents and still libing at homr well into their 20's and even 30's & 40's.

Ok Boomer

;)

Having the years on the merchandise makes it a money making tool and better yet if we win a flag people will hold onto that years merch for life - or at least I will.

The idea to opt in works as a long term strategy but doesn't factor in on field performance - which is impossible.

If you sell special 2020 premiership merch then you double dip though.

There was a guy who posted on here saying that he can’t rejoin this year cause he lost his job? Anyone know if he ended up geting work ? Or if the club could help with a one off thing helping him with memberships

We should pass the hat around and all put in $10 for him to buy one.

respect is a two way street ... there has to be some coming back ... the truth is boomers could afford a home on a single income working a 5 day week getting overtime for weekends from a job they got by going to uni that the goverment paid for.. for them to then call millenials lazy when the truth is a double income is struggling to save for a depost on a home , we are working in a climate where govenment are willing to bend to business's to make Saturday and sunday standard working day and cut penalty rates in service jobs that are the only suplement many of us have to pay or huge uni debts to get a decent job ..

boomers congratualte themselves for their protests against government ending them being forced to go to war (and good on them) but in the same breath call millenials pointless and idealistic because we dear to protest against the thing threatening our future in climate change.

you can only call a geneartion lazy and self entitled for so long before they arc back up at you , yes boomers are copping it more now but realistically thats only because the milenialls have had enough ...
in my work i employ and manage both millenials and boomers i can tell you 100% the most issues i have and the most disputes i have to resolve are instigated by the boomers, the work ethic the boomers think they have is really not all its cracked up to be and in fact many process improvement programs i have put in place have shown that the old school fellas are double handling and working less efficently than the younger guys so while they seem to be doing more in their mind their out put is less ?!?!? and they call the kid next to them doing the job more efficently lazy cause he takes his alocated breaks cause hes finished the task before them.
for the most part i think its a case of misunderstanding the younger generation do things differantly so the older guys see that as they are doing it wrong, the older guys dont like being shown how to do something by the younger guys because "what would they know ive been doing this since before they were born"...
i see it more and more where the older generation to the boomers were passing down knowledge and experiance to their younger boomer children this boomer generation are (for lack of a better word) fearful of passing on their experiance for fear of being overtaken they also a lot of the time dont have the patence to understand that kids today learn a little differant then the old days ...

thankfully i do have a few boomer generation guys who break that stereotype and they are fantastic mentors to the young blokes

Agree mate. Corrupt campaigners are doing it blatantly in the open these days.

The Casey Councillor Aziz for example taking $900k bribe from a developer. When it became public pissed off overseas with the cash pleading innocence.

Clive Palmer should be in Jail for manipulating a Government election for personal gain (mine approval) without ever being after a seat.
its that stuff that really grids our gears ... its not the mum and dad who worked for 40 years to raise us its the corrupt top end that seem to be pushing us down more and more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back