Memberships 2020 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 48,775)

Remove this Banner Ad

Id be happy if they ditched all the crap and i just got a beanie or a polo with a metal badge
Seriously i do not need another lanyard that i would never put my card in as its clip is just rubbish.

30000!!
Noice one

I would like a couple of smaller stickers, and 50% off to buy a cjacket from the saints shop. no lanyard, no beanie, no scarf, no bag. unless its the size of a shopping bag.

If they are paying more than a few cents a sticker from a run of more than 30 000 they are being robbed blind.
A bag shouldn't cost more than a couple of bucks.
exactly ... im not sure the cost of the merch they give impacts the bottom dollar all that much.. the postage would be the bigger cost as would the purchase of tickets for the games

exactly ... im not sure the cost of the merch they give impacts the bottom dollar all that much.. the postage would be the bigger cost as would the purchase of tickets for the games
It’s 2.7 million including reserved seats so unless you can explain other costs then it does effect the bottom line.

Not if you are a saints member on the afl membership. You don’t get anything from the club until you get your little package. It’s all from the afl.
then thats an AFL membership issue not a Saints membership issue ... you can still always donate the items in the local salvo bin

It’s 2.7 million including reserved seats so unless you can explain other costs then it does effect the bottom line.
as i said old cob the postage and the reserved seats would account for the majority of that $2.7 mil not the stickers ... considering i get Western Saints stickers printed for about $90 for 3000 of them the club isnt spending huge amounts on 50,000 stickers to be printed .. and if they are i can hook them up with a better suplier.

then thats an AFL membership issue not a Saints membership issue ... you can still always donate the items in the local salvo bin

Thanks for your advise. I wouldn’t have guessed. That’s a doozy. The salvo bin doesn’t save money for saints. I believe the merchandise should be opt in instead of opt out. Hope that’s ok. You are picking on me. I’m telling my
Mum on you

as i said old cob the postage and the reserved seats would account for the majority of that $2.7 mil not the stickers ... considering i get Western Saints stickers printed for about $90 for 3000 of them the club isnt spending huge amounts on 50,000 stickers to be printed .. and if they are i can hook them up with a better suplier.
I never mentioned stickers. You did. I said the whole lot. Beanies or scarves. Lanyards etc. If you only get stickers you are getting different stuff to me. Old cob. Wowee.

Postage is mental, when , due to archaic reciprocal postage deals, its much cheaper to mail the same parcel from Hong Kong, than it is to mail it from the airport the Hong Kong stuff flies in through.
However once again volume of scale would suggest that it shouldn't be huge amounts per package.
I'd think that $300 000 would cover the cost of postage unless they are getting robbed blind.

Postage is mental, when , due to archaic reciprocal postage deals, its much cheaper to mail the same parcel from Hong Kong, than it is to mail it from the airport the Hong Kong stuff flies in through.
However once again volume of scale would suggest that it shouldn't be huge amounts per package.
I'd think that $300 000 would cover the cost of postage unless they are getting robbed blind.
Could be a lot less if you had to opt in.

I never mentioned stickers. You did. I said the whole lot. Beanies or scarves. Lanyards etc. If you only get stickers you are getting different stuff to me. Old cob. Wowee.
you are totally out of your depth pretending to have an idea of merchandise costs ... stick to the lawns and telling people on bigfooty they shouldnt be excited about a player training well .... the "give away" items have been scaled back because of the feedback from the members but at the same time these items are purchased in such large qtys their value is pretty insignificant beanys would be like $3 in qtys of 20,000 , lanyards are $2.50 each for a qty of 25 so i reckon 40,000 would be 20c , Scarves are $10 for qty of 10 ....
as i have now said three times the biggest cost is Postage and the reserved seats , that $2.7m may even include the cost of the membership department staffing, plus facilities the stickers beanie and scarves is not a huge cost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes there would also be a bulk qty saving but the bulk savings for postage is nothing in the savings on the actual products ...

you are totally out of your depth pretending to have an idea of merchandise costs ... stick to the lawns and telling people on bigfooty they shouldnt be excited about a player training well .... the "give away" items have been scaled back because of the feedback from the members but at the same time these items are purchased in such large qtys their value is pretty insignificant beanys would be like $3 in qtys of 20,000 , lanyards are $2.50 each for a qty of 25 so i reckon 40,000 would be 20c , Scarves are $10 for qty of 10 ....
as i have now said three times the biggest cost is Postage and the reserved seats , that $2.7m may even include the cost of the membership department staffing, plus facilities the stickers beanie and scarves is not a huge cost
Staffing? Now that’s funny. Of course they would include them in there instead of staffing costs. Not. Hilarious. This is so funny. I didn’t think you had a sense of humour but the more I read the funnier you get. By the way what are the costs on reserved seating? You know so much about wa and so much about the saints. You really are funny.

Last edited:
well good thing the Saints membership has that option ... if the AFL membership doesnt then maybe complain to them
You have to opt in to get your stuff? Really. You wouldn’t be making another joke or telling another fib? Is that true? I’m going you aren’t telling the truth but if you are then that’s a good thing. The funny thing is you seem upset with me wanting to actually save the club some money.

Received my pack in the mail today.

If anyone does not have a membership and/or just wants some extra stickers for their kids, PM me an address, I’m happy to pop them in the mail for you.
Even overseas. First in, best dressed.

I have some from last year too.( Apparently I’m a hoarder of Saints’ stuff 😊)

Current Membership Tally (05/12/2019):

This Time Last Year (08/12/2018):

Difference:
+4,745

All-Time Tally;

1. 45,678 (2018)
2. 42,910 (2019)
3. 42,094 (2017)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,021 (2010)

Projected Final Total:

Now I feel guilty making the club spend their hard-earned cash mailing their worthless merch from Vietnam to France. Next time I'll go for the charity give away, I just fancied a cap to give to my kids.

And so you should if you want one but you should have to opt in instead of donating.
The club gets merchandise sorted well before the membership packages become available.

It doesn't matter if you opt in or donate the club still makes the same amount of merchandise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back