Memberships 2020 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 48,775)

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Membership Tally (14/02/2020):

This Time Last Year (23/02/2019):

Difference:
+5,708

All-Time Tally;

1. 45,678 (2018)
2. 42,910 (2019)
3. 42,094 (2017)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,228 (2020)

Projected Final Total:
Made it to the top 5 ever tally before mid February. HUGE!

Made it to the top 5 ever tally before mid February. HUGE!
And before anyone has even seen Max King play 1 game in a St Kilda jumper 😉

9AScJcD.gif

Add 4 more as of 3.30 today

Really looking forward to this year

Surely we have hit 40k by now

Hey so this is going to seem like a noob question:

For those who don't know, I live in Europe and I want to stream live Saints games and watch replays.

I already have access to WatchAFL/Foxtel as part of my St Kilda International membership, but I cannot in good conscience wilfully contribute to the Murdoch empire responsible for so much misery and negativity in Australia and the UK. (If you disagree; fine, but this is just for context, I'm not interested in a discussion about it; if you must comment on this part of my post, please do so on the Random Discussion thread)

So I am investigating alternatives. A lot of you have talked about Kayo, the homepage of which I have just visited. $25 a month is a lot, but if I can offset it with a cheaper Saints membership it might work.

Is there a hope of persuading Saints/AFL clubs to offer viewing alternatives such as Kayo to their international membership options anytime soon, or do WatchAFL/Fox Sports have a monopoly type deal with the AFL?

I suppose I could get a membership that doesn't include this feature, but is priced appropriately for people who won't be going to any games. Does a membership option like this exist, one that is counted in the membership statistics?

It would be a shame to not be able to watch games on my phone anymore, but it really grates that although I have not bought a Murdoch paper in years, part of my family's Saints membership money goes to this vampiric corporation.

Thanks in advance for any (non-political) advice anyone can provide.

Cheers.

For those who don't know, I live in Europe and I want to stream live Saints games and watch replays.

I already have access to WatchAFL/Foxtel as part of my St Kilda International membership, but I cannot in good conscience wilfully contribute to the Murdoch empire responsible for so much misery and negativity in Australia and the UK. (If you disagree; fine, but this is just for context, I'm not interested in a discussion about it; if you must comment on this part of my post, please do so on the Random Discussion thread)

So I am investigating alternatives. A lot of you have talked about Kayo, the homepage of which I have just visited. $25 a month is a lot, but if I can offset it with a cheaper Saints membership it might work.

Is there a hope of persuading Saints/AFL clubs to offer viewing alternatives such as Kayo to their international membership options anytime soon, or do WatchAFL/Fox Sports have a monopoly type deal with the AFL?

I suppose I could get a membership that doesn't include this feature, but is priced appropriately for people who won't be going to any games. Does a membership option like this exist, one that is counted in the membership statistics?

It would be a shame to not be able to watch games on my phone anymore, but it really grates that although I have not bought a Murdoch paper in years, part of my family's Saints membership money goes to this vampiric corporation.

Cheers.
I similarly don’t want to get into a discussion about Murdoch however it seems to me that if you are considering Kayo over Foxtel because of him, you may need to rethink your strategy.

From Wikipedia:

Kayo Sports. Kayo Sports is an over-the-top video streaming subscription service available in Australia, owned by Streamotion (a wholly owned subsidiary of Foxtel). The service offers sports live and on demand from Fox Sports, ESPN, beIN Sports, and Racing.com.”

I similarly don’t want to get into a discussion about Murdoch however it seems to me that if you are considering Kayo over Foxtel because of him, you may need to rethink your strategy.

From Wikipedia:

Kayo Sports. Kayo Sports is an over-the-top video streaming subscription service available in Australia, owned by Streamotion (a wholly owned subsidiary of Foxtel). The service offers sports live and on demand from Fox Sports, ESPN, beIN Sports, and Racing.com.”
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Balls.
Thanks for the flag Doc. Back to the drawing board.

So open question to anyone who knows: are there any non-Murdoch alternatives out there?

Balls.

So open question to anyone who knows: are there any non-Murdoch alternatives out there?
Good question. +1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balls.

Wouldn't think so.
Foxtel own the rights to it so it's either them or WatchAFL.

Although if you already have access to it and it won't cost you any more then by using their services you are costing Murdoch money.

Cheers.

Kayo is Fox streaming unfortunately. Murdoch still gets his money.

Balls.

Are you planning to watch the games live and okay to watch them over your phone / tablet device?

You could get a VPN and watch the games live via the AFL app if you can get a login from someone that is a Telstra customer.

Not sure if you have family or friends in Australia that could help with that.

Although some apps are clamping down on that and not working when it detects a VPN, so you’d need to test it out first.

I was overseas for a bit last year and this worked for me.

It sounds like you are looking for a legit option though and not sure if this way would enable the replay option, I don’t think that the AFL app allows replays.

EDIT - it does allow replays. I don’t think you will be able to cast to a tv tho. Just watch on a device.

Are you planning to watch the games live and okay to watch them over your phone / tablet device?

You could get a VPN and watch the games live via the AFL app if you can get a login from someone that is a Telstra customer.

Not sure if you have family or friends in Australia that could help with that.

Although some apps are clamping down on that and not working when it detects a VPN, so you’d need to test it out first.

I was overseas for a bit last year and this worked for me.

It sounds like you are looking for a legit option though and not sure if this way would enable the replay option, I don’t think that the AFL app allows replays.

EDIT - it does allow replays. I don’t think you will be able to cast to a tv tho. Just watch on a device.
Anyone know what the fees are for the AFL APP?

Anyone know what the fees are for the AFL APP?

The AFL App is free but the Live Pass which lets you watch games and replays through the app (on devices only, can't cast to TV) is as follows:
- Free to Telstra Customers
- $4.99 per week
- $16.99 per month
- $99.99 for an annual pass

For the free pass for Telstra customers, you just need to log in with the email address you use for Telstra, it validates that you are on the Telstra network and then you have access to the games, the replays, more stats from games etc...

The AFL App is free but the Live Pass which lets you watch games and replays through the app (on devices only, can't cast to TV) is as follows:
- $4.99 per week
- $16.99 per month

For the free pass for Telstra customers, you just need to log in with the email address you use for Telstra, it validates that you are on the Telstra network and then you have access to the games, the replays, more stats from games etc...

unfortunately i am on ALDI

Buy a Telstra $30 prepaid SIM card off eBay for around $10, then activate it with the “Long Expiry” option, which gives you 6 months.

As long as you keep the balance above $30, i.e don’t use the service, then you’ll get free access to AFL streaming by having your Telstra account logged in.

You only need to be on the mobile Telstra network if you want unmetered usage. So that way, you can just activate the SIM and just throw it out.

- $4.99 per week
- $16.99 per month

Awesome, thanks. We're a Telstra customer (sometimes I wonder) so sounds like the go to me.

Heads up Rupert Murdoch.... another one bites the dust.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back