Memberships 2020 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 48,775)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good for you. You know donating to St.Kilda doesn't mean you can't donate anywhere else.

Who said it was a priority? The only one taking issue with this is you. It's optional, as it should be.

Tell me, when has the club ever asked for handouts? Oh that's right, never, the one time has been in the midst of a global pandemic.

They have reduced costs and they have asked the AFL for assistance.

As for the players and others in the industry, it's all relative, obviously. It's a multi million dollar business and the players are at the forefront of the profit that business makes, so why should you criticise them for earning good money? Good on them.

Support of the fans and members to rally behind our football club is incredible. $62,000 in less than half a day shows how much people actually care. If $50 is too much for you to donate then fair enough, no idea why you've taken this stance for.
Its a million dollar business, right, sounds like its going quite well right now and there's no issues with affordability. So not sure why they're asking for hand outs now and money for a product they're not delivering....

The moment the revenue dried up was the moment the players should have taken a very serious pay cut and helped out the 80% who weren't as fortunate.

Like I said it won't ever happen. They'll make sure they get paid even if it means putting our club at risk.

If you are going to write a story at least make it factual. Not one player is in full pay at the moment but we do know you love a outlandish statement. Secondly I haven’t read anything to suggest anyone says he shouldn’t get his money back but some where explaining why there was a fee and not full reimbursement. And I love the way you seem to blame the players on what they earn. I don’t know any player who writes his own contract. Maybe you do. You are very funny.
I'd just ignore it. I was going to but can't help myself. He is the only one taking this stance and it speaks volumes.

If you are going to write a story at least make it factual. Not one player is in full pay at the moment but we do know you love a outlandish statement. Secondly I haven’t read anything to suggest anyone says he shouldn’t get his money back but some where explaining why there was a fee and not full reimbursement. And I love the way you seem to blame the players on what they earn. I don’t know any player who writes his own contract. Maybe you do. You are very funny.
They're were paid in full from November. So the pay cut as roo pointed out was more like an 8% cut.

Dropped off $100 worth of food at the foodbank the other day.

There's kids and families who haven't eaten for days, i kid you not. Mums who feed their kids and then have nothing left for themselves. People paying bills then having nothing to feed themselves with.

I'm sorry but sending more charity to a football club should not be a priority for anyone right now.

If they're really that hard up against it then maybe they should reduce costs and ask the AFL for assistance.

People are genuinely in need right now and are really doing it hard. The AFLPA and the AFL staff still employed after the 80% cut are not doing it tough.

The mentality of the playing group accepting an 8% pay cut whilst 80% in the indstry were made redundant says it all.
8%. Seriously at least tell the truth. No problem if you disagree but please don’t lie. It’s boring. And pathetic that you can’t have a conversation without making things up. Take your money and run. The club maybe better off.

Its a million dollar business, right, sounds like its going quite well right now and there's no issues with affordability. So not sure why they're asking for hand outs now and money for a product they're not delivering....

The moment the revenue dried up was the moment the players should have taken a very serious pay cut and helped out the 80% who weren't as fortunate.

Like I said it won't ever happen. They'll make sure they get paid even if it means putting our club at risk.
You understand there's no football on at the moment and no crowds, right?

Like you understand why clubs are struggling, right?

I mean we've played this game with you before. You complain and complain and make outlandish statements and then weeks later you go back on your word anyway. Like you did last year with your membership purchase, for example. You said the same stuff then as you're saying now. I don't really think anyone cares to hear it if I'm honest.

Thats my point! There's no revenue. So why are we still paying players a median salary of 400k with an 8% pay cut?
Do you think all the players get paid for is playing games?

Ok then. Interesting but irrelevant.
Apparently the players only get paid for things that generate revenue.

Training doesn't generate revenue apparently, but training is paramount to producing a quality game, which they are paid for.

Figure that one out.

Thats my point! There's no revenue. So why are we still paying players a median salary of 400k with an 8% pay cut?

Because the AFLPA negotiated with the AFL and ended up with a compromise that everyone agreed on. For all those people who were stood down by their employers - they all have the right to argue their case to continue getting paid. Why should footy players be stopped from negotiating that?

I wouldn't shed any tears if the AFL stopped paying the players and stood them down, but I'm not going to criticise them for fighting to continue being paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the players only get paid for things that generate revenue.

Training doesn't generate revenue apparently, but training is paramount to producing a quality game, which they are paid for.

Figure that one out.
People in all roles put in work to get a product ready to be sold but until its delivered they don't get paid.

Thats how life works.

The moment the revenue dried the AFL should have stood them all down and until games resumed. They still would have been paid 50% which is better than what many small businesses face

People in all roles put in work to get a product ready to be sold but until its delivered they don't get paid.

Thats how life works.

The moment the revenue dried the AFL should have stood them all down and until games resumed. They still would have been paid 50% which is better than what many small businesses face
Is training part of their playing contract?

Do you understand what you are saying?

AFL stands all players down. So now there's no obligation to train. Why would the AFL want to produce a spectacle of 18 clubs that haven't trained in months.

Not one player is taking a 8% pay cut. They get paid monthly and it’s 25% per month.
Yes and they've been paid full pay to train with no games until now. So the 25% pay cut spread over that period is more like 8%.

No one is paying anyone a median salary of 400k to train. They're there to play games off football which generate massive amounts of revenue.

No revenue. No massive pay.

Thats how life works.

I’ve worked in hr for many years before mowing lawns. Not once did I generate income.

Is training part of their playing contract?

Do you understand what you are saying?

AFL stands all players down. So now there's no obligation to train. Why would the AFL want to produce a spectacle of 18 clubs that haven't trained in months.
I reckon they could turn up completely unfit and people would still turn up in droves and be happy.

Go read the CBA on their requirements. AFL had the choice to stand them down under the fair work act.

Instead they wanna carry high cost and debt.

If that means the death of our club will you be happy with it?

Yes and they've been paid full pay to train with no games until now. So the 25% pay cut spread over that period is more like 8%.

No one is paying anyone a median salary of 400k to train. They're there to play games off football which generate massive amounts of revenue.

If you get paid monthly weekly or fortnightly if you have a pay cut they don’t deduct your previous earnings. Grow up. It’s a pathetic argument

If you get paid monthly weekly or fortnightly if you have a pay cut they don’t deduct your previous earnings. Grow up. It’s a pathetic argument
No its not the argument is it should be more than 25% and if you average that out theyre still very well off

I reckon they could turn up completely unfit and people would still turn up in droves and be happy.

Go read the CBA on their requirements. AFL had the choice to stand them down under the fair work act.

The AFL will NOT kill one of its club, worst cause one of the clubs end up relocating to Tassie.

I had a long post written up and decided to scrap it because I can't be bothered arguing it with you. You did the same thing last year with your membership and did a complete 180 on your view on that within months. You said the same things about our football club back then and you signed up anyway. Not sure what the point of all that was in the end.

Also not sure if you are holding a contrary view for the sake of it, but you're most definitely in the minority. Such a minority that in fact I don't recall ever speaking to someone/reading something that has the same view as you - the view being that you will not help the club you support because the players won't train for free.

Anyway it is what it is, don't donate if you don't want to, I think it's a great thing the club is doing and should've been done many years ago because $1 is better than $0 and ultimately the club doesn't function without support of their fans. It is obvious that some have a stronger connection to their club than others. $62,000 in 8 hours shows how much people care, and that's enough for me.

Is there anything the club does that you agree with?
If not maybe just walk away you have been the only negative poster tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back