2020 Super Rugby Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but they were also saying that it’s from where someone was tackled as well which confused me.

The one thing Rugby does not need more of is new rules.
Going to be fun watching us play NZ this year. They have a different set of law variations in their comp and then we will have European refs and the game will be played under the normal rules

There was a full page article in yesterdays West Australian about the revised ARU led by their new boss.
Apparently he rang Twiggy as one of his first phone calls and the Force is now back in to make up a 5 team comp.
Those two are now waiting for the TV financials to settle.
Just as a byline - Twiggy and his wife are going to tip in more money to WA Rugby grassroots above their already 5 million, which should have an effect on that development.
Interesting times ahead for sport in WA and Twiggy is one determined guy who focuses lazer like on his many projects and Rugby is near the top of the list.

Last edited:
There was a full page article in yesterdays West Australian about the revised ARU led by their new boss.
Apparently he rang Twiggy as one of his first phone calls and the
They were saying on TV today that the Force maybe back in super rugby for good with Twiggy as a backer of the ARU and his comp shelved.

Now I hope this happens as a Victorian when it was Rebels v Force obviously I hoped my side would survive but also never supported cutting the Force

They were saying on TV today that the Force maybe back in super rugby for good with Twiggy as a backer of the ARU and his comp shelved.

Now I hope this happens as a Victorian when it was Rebels v Force obviously I hoped my side would survive but also never supported cutting the Force
Its interesting because in that article -behind a pay wall- Twiggy indicated that the NSWRU and QLDRU had to settle their regular squabbles and get on board with Hugh Mcllellan the new boss, and he was not impressed with the current situation in those two organisations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its interesting because in that article -behind a pay wall- Twiggy indicated that the NSWRU and QLDRU had to settle their regular squabbles and get on board with Hugh Mcllellan the new boss, and he was not impressed with the current situation in those two organisations.
Well look Queensland and Sydney do need to pull their heads out of their arses.

I loved the Force in the WA state colours

Hopefully they can work something out that keeps the force in super rugby

Would love to see a 10 team super rugby next year 18 weeks play everyone twice home and away all the Aus sides and the NZ sides

Friday double header Saturday double header and a Sunday game

Give the TV networks a consistent product something we can’t deliver at the moment with the South African sides

Well look Queensland and Sydney do need to pull their heads out of their arses.

I loved the Force in the WA state colours

Hopefully they can work something out that keeps the force in super rugby

Would love to see a 10 team super rugby next year 18 weeks play everyone twice home and away all the Aus sides and the NZ sides

Friday double header Saturday double header and a Sunday game

Give the TV networks a consistent product something we can’t deliver at the moment with the South African sides

I’d get the Wolves back and a Pacific Islands team in that would make it 12 teams

Yeah both still think it’s the early 1900s. Idiots.

To hard to try and add team for a comp that would realistically start next year. Think looking to involve the pacific islands is important.

Sunwolves would work. They were improving, and had massive crowds when ever in Japan.

Pacific islands if not now then make it in the future and add actual islands so add Fiji, Samoa and Tonga.

Back to Super 14, all in the same(round about) Timezone for tv. The away games for the island nations here would be huge.

Sunwolves would work. They were improving, and had massive crowds when ever in Japan.

Pacific islands if not now then make it in the future and add actual islands so add Fiji, Samoa and Tonga.

Back to Super 14, all in the same(round about) Timezone for tv. The away games for the island nations here would be huge.
Sunwolves are going to be supported by the JRU they have moved their comp to the super rugby time

Yeah but they were also saying that it’s from where someone was tackled as well which confused me.

The one thing Rugby does not need more of is new rules.

Yeah it's like a 9 pointer in the NAB Cup. You can't mark the ball 40 out then just take a Ben Brown run up to kick from 50 and get 9 for it. For a 50/22 the breakdown needs to be in your own half, you can't just throw the ball backwards until you get to a guy inside the half.

Unless I am missing something it seems like a big reward for something that isn't that difficult. A rugby pitch is max 100m goal line to goal line so kicking from half way to the 22 is only 28 metres. I can do that. From the centre of the pitch to where the 22 intersects touch is only 44m. I might battle to do that on the full now but on the bounce I'd give it a crack. At least with a 40/20 kick you are asking players to kick over 50 metres and get the ball to bounce out. Someone like Reece Hodge can kick 60 metres off a step. Just give him the ball anywhere up to 15-20m short of half way and he can aim for a line out within the opposition's 22.

Yeah it's like a 9 pointer in the NAB Cup. You can't mark the ball 40 out then just take a Ben Brown run up to kick from 50 and get 9 for it. For a 50/22 the breakdown needs to be in your own half, you can't just throw the ball backwards until you get to a guy inside the half.

Unless I am missing something it seems like a big reward for something that isn't that difficult. A rugby pitch is max 100m goal line to goal line so kicking from half way to the 22 is only 28 metres. I can do that. From the centre of the pitch to where the 22 intersects touch is only 44m. I might battle to do that on the full now but on the bounce I'd give it a crack. At least with a 40/20 kick you are asking players to kick over 50 metres and get the ball to bounce out. Someone like Reece Hodge can kick 60 metres off a step. Just give him the ball anywhere up to 15-20m short of half way and he can aim for a line out within the opposition's 22.
With the state of the line outs in Aus rugby you are 50/50 to win with or against the throw

I should say I am a casual Rugby follower and back in the day had family members play over here in local comps.
There was an article recently that said Rugby in NZ in their domestic Super comp this year was a much higher level than the 5 teams in the Aust Super comp and what was the point in playing the Aust teams.
Is that a typical NZ attitude these days or not.

I should say I am a casual Rugby follower and back in the day had family members play over here in local comps.
There was an article recently that said Rugby in NZ in their domestic Super comp this year was a much higher level than the 5 teams in the Aust Super comp and what was the point in playing the Aust teams.
Is that a typical NZ attitude these days or not.
Yeah it is but NZ are going to be going backwards soon if they don’t change anyway. They make do as it’s their major football code but with the increased money in Europe they are going to end up financially stuffed like us soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back