Game Day 2020 - the F*** Right Off Grand Final from the F*** Write-Off Year

Houli had no impact on the game. Set up at least one goal. He did the job that Geelong needed him to do with others around him expected to hit the score board.

Now revealed Houli tore his calf in the first quarter.

great job by Dahlhaus not to take advantage

I have to admit that Amy Shark as pre-match entertainment at the NRL GF beat us hands down. At least I have a team to barrack for in a GF this weekend.

I was a Storm member their first two years in the NRL before I returned to the states and went to as many games as I could which didn't conflict with Bulldogs matches. I do remember going from Olympic Park over to the MCG once to watch both games.

Since I couldn't get a seat at the AFL Grand Final I decided to make the journey to Sydney to see the Storm in 1999. I had won the staff AFL footy tipping at my school(about $600) so that paid for the trip. I took a Storm bus and package with accommodation for one night. I bought my GF ticket at the local Box Hill newsagency the morning after they made the GF. Great trip, great game, great result.

I went to a few Storm matches on my trips to Melbourne over 17 years, but never really regained the loyalty I had had for those first two seasons.

I spent a bit of time at the Penrith Leagues Club back when going to Sydney to watch the Bulldogs play the Swans in the 80s and 90s, when I stayed with friends in the Blue Mountains, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

GO STORM!

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone else seen the video of the Richmond player being given “something” by a mate in the crowd post game last night?

I have to admit that Amy Shark as pre-match entertainment at the NRL GF beat us hands down. At least I have a team to barrack for in a GF this weekend.

I was a Storm member their first two years in the NRL before I returned to the states and went to as many games as I could which didn't conflict with Bulldogs matches. I do remember going from Olympic Park over to the MCG once to watch both games.

Since I couldn't get a seat at the AFL Grand Final I decided to make the journey to Sydney to see the Storm in 1999. I had won the staff AFL footy tipping at my school(about $600) so that paid for the trip. I took a Storm bus and package with accommodation for one night. I bought my GF ticket at the local Box Hill newsagency the morning after they made the GF. Great trip, great game, great result.

I went to a few Storm matches on my trips to Melbourne over 17 years, but never really regained the loyalty I had had for those first two seasons.

I spent a bit of time at the Penrith Leagues Club back when going to Sydney to watch the Bulldogs play the Swans in the 80s and 90s, when I stayed with friends in the Blue Mountains, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

GO STORM!

Can't agree Jim, for mine indy singer/songwriters just don't translate to big stadiums. Best restricted to angst ridden teenage girl's bedrooms.

I think most people want big pump up anthems at these events. Bring back Vanilla Fudge, Iron Butterfly or maybe even Crème Brûlée :tongueout:

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians
Can't agree Jim, for mine indy singer/songwriters just don't translate to big stadiums. Best restricted to angst ridden teenage girl's bedrooms.

I think most people want big pump up anthems at these events. Bring back Vanilla Fudge, Iron Butterfly or maybe even Crème Brûlée :tongueout:

Vanilla Fudge , been watching the live clip of “ You keep me hanging on “ On YouTube these last couple of weeks.
sensational , by far the best version by a country mile.👍👍👍👍

Yeah baby !!

But they'd break my eardrums! A bit of "Mellow Yellow" or "San Francisco(Wear Flowers in Your Hair)" would settle my nerves. :p I guess I'm just an old hippie at heart.

Vanilla Fudge , been watching the live clip of “ You keep me hanging on “ On YouTube these last couple of weeks.

Me too, that's what made me think of them. I love the false finish when the uninitiated start clapping and Mark Stein raises his hand to stop them.

I remember seeing it on Ed Sullivan one Sunday night and it blew me away.

Watching Chicago, I'm A Man during half time.

But they'd break my eardrums! A bit of "Mellow Yellow" or "San Francisco(Wear Flowers in Your Hair)" would settle my nerves. :p I guess I'm just an old hippie at heart.

But you didn't inhale o_O

There's a clip of it where Mark Stein actually writes in the comments and says how chuffed he is that people are still enjoying the song after all this time!
I got the single as a prize for subscribing to Go Set :)

There's a clip of it where Mark Stein actually writes in the comments and says how chuffed he is that people are still enjoying the song after all this time!

I bought it at the little market that used to be on Racecourse Rd near the railway bridge.

3UZ banned me from calling in to win singles, first one to call and name the song.

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians

If your a hippie Chicago you might want to revisit your new avatar 😜

LOL And I won a copy(a 45rpm with the big hole in it) of "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis from a radio contest. Must have cost about 89c at the time! Winner! I still have it after 51 years.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
On that count, with a player like Martin the idea of the no dickhead policy falls by the wayside, my friend.

that’s my point

They are only d!ckheads when their performance drops off.

Akermanis was never an issue until the Lions fell away.
Cousins drugs wasn’t an issue until performance fell away

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
I bought it at the little market that used to be on Racecourse Rd near the railway bridge.

3UZ banned me from calling in to win singles, first one to call and name the song.
yes, I used to get cassettes of Santana, jimmy Hendrix, deep purple etal. was thinking of that market just the other day. glad you used to go there too. great memories

yes, I used to get cassettes of Santana, jimmy Hendrix, deep purple etal. was thinking of that market just the other day. glad you used to go there too. great memories

Ah, those new fangled cassettes.

I had a really important golf game up at Noosa but the Richmond players kept me awake with loud music and from what I saw with Jayden Short definite drug use.

anyone got Jack Higgins’ misso’s number? I don’t know how to do an instagram vid to bitch about it

Back