List Mgmt. 2020 Tiges Big Improvers

Which player will be the big improvers this year?

• Liam Baker

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Jack Ross

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Patrick Naish

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Riley Collier-Dawkins

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Fraser Turner

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Noah Balta

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the things about his game I love is that he isn’t afraid to draw the contact and still manage to dish it off to a player on the outside

Ross also does it very well going to be amazing in a few years when we have these two young brutes winning those hard balls and dishing it off to Bolton and Stack
He actually likes the body contact. He is a hard tackler and not afraid to hit with his body. Kid could be anything.

He actually likes the body contact. He is a hard tackler and not afraid to hit with his body. Kid could be anything.
Speaking of body contact, I love the way Collier-Dawkins stands up in a tackle, shimmies to the side of the contest he wants, frees his arms and dishes off. Kids core strength is unbelievable even for a seasoned afl player.

I reckon Pickett comes in and plays first 22 at a high level from the get go. So big improver from 1 game to 25 games. And a bit more added on as he gets more used to the AFL and the first team.

I reckon big Eeeeevan could also step up another level. His ruck work is first class, but he started to control contested situations and get himself into good marking positions regularly. If he can just keep on that trajectory he'll become a goal + a game ruck, who adds around the ground as well as dominated taps. Not elite, but a major step up on what we've had. (Note I hope Nank gets fit and rips it up, and CCJ gets his chance - too many decent AFL rucks for the team 😍 :p)

Who comes out of the team for him? I see 2020 as development years for RCD, Ross,CJ and Naish, and Balta. My best 22 has Graham, Stack and Ross in. And Ellis, Bolton, Baker out. Short, I think is replaceable too.
I’m backing RCD to be competing for a few spots from omissions or injury with Baker, Graham, Rioli, Short, Bolton, Castagna, Higgins, McIntosh depending how they shuffle the magnets.
And backing him to be hard to leave out by end of this season.

bottom6 means worst six players in the best 22 or current 22

of the senior team

Yes. Most have missed that fact. The players getting mentioned should be Baker, Stack, Macca, Soldo, Graham, Bolton types, with injury returnees such as Higgins and Ross. Some might put Broad in there. That's how I see the bottom 6 making us a better team. All others in the squad are outside the bottom 6, either solid best 16, or trying to break into the team (at this stage - as I see it!!). So these players are in a different thread.

So, for me, if we get improvement from Soldo, Bolton, Baker, and Ross, and get Higgins and Stack (without any improvement!!), just hand us the friggin cup now.

Yes. Most have missed that fact. The players getting mentioned should be Baker, Stack, Macca, Soldo, Graham, Bolton types, with injury returnees such as Higgins and Ross. Some might put Broad in there. That's how I see the bottom 6 making us a better team. All others in the squad are outside the bottom 6, either solid best 16, or trying to break into the team (at this stage - as I see it!!). So these players are in a different thread.

So, for me, if we get improvement from Soldo, Bolton, Baker, and Ross, and get Higgins and Stack (without any improvement!!), just hand us the friggin cup now.
Soldo > Nank

I see Chol as a replacement KP defender. Balta as a running mid if he settles his decision making. CCJ as a key forward in time.

All are good enough to have long sucessful careers.

Hmmm not sure about Chol back. Not sure about Balta back either.

I see Chol as a FWD/ruck, Balta as a wing/mid. CCJ also FWD/ruck.

Wouldn't surprise me if CCJ becomes 1st ruck, Chol FWD/2nd ruck. Soldo depth. Nank traded out.

Means we need to find a KPD though.

I find it hard to identify our bottom 6. Cause on experience and proven AFL ability it includes Stack, Higgo, Marlion, Soldo, Ross, Bolton, KMac, Baker. And you could make arguments for guys like Short and Caddy. If we have Josh Caddy in our bottom 6 then we've got an amazing squad. I can see most of my bottom 6 list becoming good B grade, if not A grade AFL players. That is nuts.

Hmmm not sure about Chol back. Not sure about Balta back either.

I see Chol as a FWD/ruck, Balta as a wing/mid. CCJ also FWD/ruck.

Wouldn't surprise me if CCJ becomes 1st ruck, Chol FWD/2nd ruck. Soldo depth. Nank traded out.

Means we need to find a KPD though.
It's tempting to see Balta as a second ruck. Might want to learn the game a bit at CHB, but after that when he's more seasoned, throw him in as the ruckman Grigg was trying to be, but with genuine x-factor, speed, strength, leap, booming kick etc. A second ruck that will hit Grundy every time he bends over to get another of his cheap possessions, then run him off his feet. At 195cm & 100kg+ he could be your prototype ruckman/ruck rover.

I find it hard to identify our bottom 6. Cause on experience and proven AFL ability it includes Stack, Higgo, Marlion, Soldo, Ross, Bolton, KMac, Baker. And you could make arguments for guys like Short and Caddy. If we have Josh Caddy in our bottom 6 then we've got an amazing squad. I can see most of my bottom 6 list becoming good B grade, if not A grade AFL players. That is nuts.
Stack is top 6 potential this year. A grade Already.
Caddy is Top half easily. is A grade.
Bolton will be top half this year too. will be A grade
soldo can improve to lock-in #1 ruck spot. Will hopefully be A grade this year or next.
Ross looked the goods before his injury.
short is Short. metres gained is his thing.
great upside. 😁

Stack is top 6 potential this year. A grade Already.
Caddy is Top half easily. is A grade.
Bolton will be top half this year too. will be A grade
soldo can improve to lock-in #1 ruck spot. Will hopefully be A grade this year or next.
Ross looked the goods before his injury.
short is Short. metres gained is his thing.
great upside. 😁

That's my issue. I looked at our GF team and went, who's the bottom. And a genuine bottom end isn't there. When KMac definitely sits there it's quite impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's my issue. I looked at our GF team and went, who's the bottom. And a genuine bottom end isn't there. When KMac definitely sits there it's quite impressive.

Martin
Cotchin
Riewoldt
Lynch
Grimes

Prestia
Edwards
Vlastuin
Astbury
Lambert

Houli
Pickett
George
Rioli
Bolton
Soldo

Broad
Caddy
Nank
Baker
Short
Ellis

The bottom 6 from our side last year is possibly
Martin
Cotchin
Riewoldt
Lynch
Grimes

Prestia
Edwards
Vlastuin
Astbury
Lambert

Houli
Pickett
George
Rioli
Bolton
Soldo

Broad
Caddy
Nank
Baker
Short
Ellis
Caddy in the bottom 6 is a tad harsh. Just below Lambert for me.
p.s Houli should sneak just above Astbury.

The bottom 6 from our side last year is possibly

Caddy in the bottom 6 is a tad harsh. Just below Lambert for me.
p.s Houli should sneak just above Astbury.

Its very hard. Caddy is probable better than Rioli.

Broad is probable more important than Bolton.

Who is better Astbury or Houli? etc/

Can we get Darcy Moore added to the list

Not until he loses the headband. Could do with some captaincy advice from Chimp on a proper haircut as well. Will see if he’s serious about joining us if he addresses the above shortfalls before the bye.

it’s not a fact, the bottom 6 changes throughout a year. Whole point is to make a prediction on who will be in the side tipping out who we think is a bottom 6 player in a premiership year. Stack, Ross and McIntosh were all out of the side at the end of the year.

it’s not a fact, the bottom 6 changes throughout a year. Whole point is to make a prediction on who will be in the side tipping out who we think is a bottom 6 player in a premiership year. Stack, Ross and McIntosh were all out of the side at the end of the year.

OK.. well it seems to be just like the best 22 thread then. If you read through that thread, obviously most of the discussion is which fringe players outside the GF team could push into the team.

But still a month to go before we see any real action, so bring on the discussion!!

OK.. well it seems to be just like the best 22 thread then. If you read through that thread, obviously most of the discussion is which fringe players outside the GF team could push into the team.

But still a month to go before we see any real action, so bring on the discussion!!

Did you not read the thread title and OP?

Being a complete soft utensil here
Can see them all being the big improver
And I'd throw an egg in the mix , less likely than those on the list
Another preseason will put some polish on him
And for mine he was the player of the VFL gf
Very cool under pressure and did lots work , not one or two cameos

Back