List Mgmt. 2020 Tiges Big Improvers

Which player will be the big improvers this year?

• Liam Baker

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Jack Ross

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Patrick Naish

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Riley Collier-Dawkins

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Fraser Turner

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Noah Balta

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm not sure about Chol back. Not sure about Balta back either.

I see Chol as a FWD/ruck, Balta as a wing/mid. CCJ also FWD/ruck.

Wouldn't surprise me if CCJ becomes 1st ruck, Chol FWD/2nd ruck. Soldo depth. Nank traded out.

Means we need to find a KPD though.
What I've seen of CJ in the VFL Has been impressive. He has to push past a couple of good proven, flag winning ruck men. One ruckman is going to miss out. So, yeah there will be interest from other clubs. CJ contracted until 21 I think. Which would be great as a replacement for JR. So hopefully we keep them all. Balta taking over for Astbury in a few years.

Last edited:
It will be interesting. Mind you, every club board is saying the same thing about their kids - everyone looks great in February.
If you look at the changes made from 2017-2019:
Grigg - retired
Rance - injured, retired
Butler - overtaken (and in 2017 I thought he had the most potential of the 3 small forwards)
Kmac - overtaken
Graham - injured - on the borderline of best 22 anyway (would have played 2019 if fit)
Townsend - overtaken

Stack is an automatic in, if fit. He could be anything. Current players at risk right now I see are Baker, Short, Rioli, Pickett and one of Nank-Soldo (we may go for a second ruck who is more mobile rather than play 2 lumbering giants - so Balta, CCJ or Chol - that's the order I would play them).

Ross is the guy I am most excited about. His first 3 games were all as good as Pickett's Grand Final. He had a shocker against WC at season end which probably cost him his spot, but otherwise, he looked a bit special. RCD is first cab off the rank as a midfield injury replacement (I bet he goes the Perth in RD 5 - that's what young kids are for).

I voted for RCD. I think he will get games. And with his height. It's a point of difference with the rest of the midfield. Our small forwards are undroppable. George and Dan, so I can't see Higgins getting games. But he seems like an uber competitor and will give 100% and make it hard for selectors.

I voted for RCD. I think he will get games. And with his height. It's a point of difference with the rest of the midfield. Our small forwards are undroppable. George and Dan, so I can't see Higgins getting games. But he seems like an uber competitor and will give 100% and make it hard for selectors.
Higgins could overtake both George and Rioli if they don’t improve.
why.....because he will give 150%, can tackle and knows how to finish. Not only that but he makes goals out of nothing.

It will be interesting. Mind you, every club board is saying the same thing about their kids - everyone looks great in February.
If you look at the changes made from 2017-2019:
Grigg - retired
Rance - injured, retired
Butler - overtaken (and in 2017 I thought he had the most potential of the 3 small forwards)
Kmac - overtaken
Graham - injured - on the borderline of best 22 anyway (would have played 2019 if fit)
Townsend - overtaken

Stack is an automatic in, if fit. He could be anything. Current players at risk right now I see are Baker, Short, Rioli, Pickett and one of Nank-Soldo (we may go for a second ruck who is more mobile rather than play 2 lumbering giants - so Balta, CCJ or Chol - that's the order I would play them).

Ross is the guy I am most excited about. His first 3 games were all as good as Pickett's Grand Final. He had a shocker against WC at season end which probably cost him his spot, but otherwise, he looked a bit special. RCD is first cab off the rank as a midfield injury replacement (I bet he goes the Perth in RD 5 - that's what young kids are for).
Have to disagree about Graham. Just before he got injured he was killing it.

What still intrigues me is we still can't play our 22 Premiership players in a single game bc Ellis has departed , yet we could make another five or so changes and still be deadly.We must be 1-2 on to win the flag .
$4 favourites. All things be equal and a continuation of other teams form and we should win.

But alot can happen. look at our form towards the end of 18. Other teams might also click and become the next genuine powerhouses.

$4 favourites. All things be equal and a continuation of other teams form and we should win.

But alot can happen. look at our form towards the end of 18. Other teams might also click and become the next genuine powerhouses.

just have to have an ordinary first half of the year 50/50 wins then win every game after the bye. Easy.

Higgins could overtake both George and Rioli if they don’t improve.
why.....because he will give 150%, can tackle and knows how to finish. Not only that but he makes goals out of nothing.

I'm hoping for two things:
1. Rioli pulls a finger out of his ass after Fev's famiyl was 'rocked by relationship split' because I think he has been downright distracted since he got involved with that bird. Don't blame him either, she's fine AF.
2. George learns to kick straight, anywhere around the 60% mark would see him bagging 30+ goals/year.

As for Higgins I suspect he will get more midfield minutes, which he did earlier this year until he took time off. Has the body for it and will float forward.

Besides that, RCD is the man to watch and got my vote.

If he can burn off the puppy fat and build a tank, stay involved a bit longer, I can really see him becoming the big-bodied midfielder we really need to complement the shorter Meatball. Cotchin has another year or two max IMO, Edwards not getting younger, Caddy not up to it as a mid, Pickett TBA, Lambert part-time, Dusty mostly forward etc. I'm really hoping RCD becomes that next Watson/Pendlebury/Fyfe/Kennedy/Cripps type of monster mid.

There's a few like alot have said RCD,Ross.I reckon we're going to get alot more from Lynch his last 10 games he was unplayable at times.Stack trimmed down in the system now sky the limit.Pickett don't want to put expectations on him ,but that was a walk in the park GF day for him.Soldo I expect him to go up a notch to his improvement and impact so underated.

I reckon Balta is the type that doesn't cut it up at training just loves the game stuff this kid could have a impact this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Dangerfield-esque': Dimma excited after Tiger cub stacks on 7kg

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick likens Riley Collier-Dawkins to a superstar Cat after his improvement over summer

1582100638034.png

REIGNING premier Richmond could be bolstered by the addition of another giant inside midfield bull this season, with first-round draft pick Riley Collier-Dawkins putting on seven kilograms this summer in a bid to earn a place in the side's starting midfield.
Collier-Dawkins now weighs 94kgs and stands at 191cm, with the Tigers confident he will take further strides after a promising development season in the VFL last year.

Claimed with pick No.20 in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft, Collier-Dawkins impressed throughout 20 VFL appearances last season to average 14.3 disposals, 8.3 contested possessions, 5.1 tackles and 3.7 clearances per game.

His improvement late last year and across pre-season has caught the attention of Richmond coach Damien Hardwick, who can see similarities between the talented 20-year-old and one of the game's premier players.
"Riley has put on about 6-7kgs as a big-bodied midfielder," Hardwick told AFL.com.au.
"It's funny, Trent (Cotchin) was talking about him the other day because he can grab hold of Trent and push him out of the way. It's hard to do that.
"He's had a great pre-season. He looks like the player we thought he could be. He's still got a little bit of work to do. He was a little bit late to mature, so he is going to take some time, but he can do some things that are Paddy Dangerfield-esque.
He's very, very powerful in and out of stoppage. Those sorts of players are pretty special.
- Damien Hardwick on Riley Collier-Dawkins
"He's going to take a little bit of time to get where we need to go, but the great thing about him is that he's improved again over the course of the off-season. It's exciting for us and for Riley himself."

1582100746459.png

Richmond has a vacant wing position up for grabs heading into its Marsh Community Series games against Collingwood and Greater Western Sydney, with two-time premiership star Brandon Ellis exercising his free agency rights and joining Gold Coast last October.
Collier-Dawkins is one of a number of youngsters challenging for that position, with Hardwick also claiming that fellow first-round draft pick Thomson Dow is "AFL ready" and noting the development of Patrick Naish and Will Martyn across pre-season.

However, while Collier-Dawkins has gained weight in an effort to make his mark at Punt Road, another youngster in Jack Ross has shed the kilograms in order to add to his seven senior games last season and put his hand up for a place on the wing next year.

"He came into the club in good shape, but he's a big boy," Hardwick said.
"I think he's lost about 7-8kgs since he started, so he's covering the ground really well.
"That was a little bit of a knock on him when we first brought him into the football club, that endurance wasn't a strength of his. But we look at him now, we had him horribly mistaken.
"He runs really, really well. We're excited about what he's going to bring, because he's a first-class kid who oozes leadership, skill and decision-making.

"He's one of those guys who makes players better around him. He's going to be a good player for us for a long time."

'Dangerfield-esque': Dimma excited after Tiger cub stacks on 7kg

F off Hardwick, tell the truth. RCD tore it up in the VFL Grand Final. For a start, Dangerfool doesn’t play in grand finals. And if he did, he would choke.

So RCD is sort of like a Dangerfraud who can tear teams apart when it matters most on the biggest stage...in other words a Dustin Martin or a Jack Graham.

Sydney Stack should go and give Dimma a fingerpoint-to-the-chest bake in front of the cameras for that.

Back