News 2020 Trade and Coaching Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, I'll take anything at this point.

As much as this club has let us down previously, I can’t see them hiring a first time senior coach and completely hamstringing him with pathetic support in the coaches box..
It’s realistic to except us to seriously bolster the coaching panel, especially that the payouts will be done after this season..
Very hard to see players respecting and buying into the message and feedback being given by Reilly and Wright.. Infact there would be no chance..
Reckon Nicks would get more value out of 10 blowup dolls in the box with him..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Never too early for this topic to start..

Have heard Nicks wanting Lenny Hayes for next year.. GWS connection

Also has contacted Scott Thompson for a position due to their time together at Port..

Dont mind Lenny - would be that coach that players will respect for his ability but then see that it came from hard work and just not talent

Ehh Scotty - it concerns me if I'm honest . Yes he has had experience at another club - but he just held on like a bad smell - which impacted Lyons and I would worry he would be Ben Hart mk2

Never too early for this topic to start..

Have heard Nicks wanting Lenny Hayes for next year.. GWS connection

Also has contacted Scott Thompson for a position due to their time together at Port..

Thommo..let me check his playing career...>250 games at AFC...welcome aboard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's been talk of Nathan Bassett as defense coach, and the return of John Worsfold as Director of Coaching.

Roo is really opening up his contact list of people in the AFL there.

I assume it would be a remote role? Didn't he want to go home? (Worsfold)

I wondered that, and his wife too - I assume she moved to Melbourne with him?

I doubt that remote would work. In that case I’d rather look for someone else. There are a lot of coaches out of work, if we can find the money surely one would be willing to move.

I wondered that, and his wife too - I assume she moved to Melbourne with him?

I doubt that remote would work. In that case I’d rather look for someone else. There are a lot of coaches out of work, if we can find the money surely one would be willing to move.

No money will be available due to Ben Hart getting an increase in salary.

Why would Worsfold be coming back when his wife hated it here last time? Sounds like fan fiction.

Why would Worsfold be coming back when his wife hated it here last time? Sounds like fan fiction.
His wife moved back to Perth quite a long time back. Worsfold has been public in stating that he is interested in continuing his career in football and would be open to new offers.

Maybe a stretch, certainly not fiction. On the other hand Pyke spoke extensively to Worsfold prior resigning last year. Worsfold may not want anything to do with the club.

And on another note, Essendon fans had largely had a gut full of Worsfold last year, however accepted the clubs succession plan to Rutten. It's also seems Carracella is being credited by the fan base for their improvement this year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back