List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

He is better suited to centre clearances where there is less congestion. His centre clearance numbers are the same this year as last despite lower scoring and shorter quarters. His around the ground stoppages have dropped off and the quality hasn't been there. He has a tendency to go for broke which got him a lot of clearances but left us exposed at times. He owes his B&F to O'meara and Shiels. I think this year he is being asked to be more accountable at stoppages and this exposes his lack of tricks to create time and space for himself in congestion.
Looks like he's been told to focus on his defensive aspects, which may explain why his tackle numbers are up but disposal number are down.

In terms of tricks at stoppages to avoid congestion, he's fine and tracking well for a 30 gamer.

Is there anything to the Zurhaar to Hawthorn rumours?

I’d never heard this before but two different people in the last week have mentioned it to me (one of them normally has decent insider knowledge and is usually spot on).

has this rumour been doing the rounds? I haven’t read the majority of these posters.
He's a bull but just signed till the end of 2022?

North took him as a rookie so they will do well in any trade.

I think that our 2nd pick will be pushed back quite a bit with all the academy picks (but our later picks will be brought forward as clubs use late picks for points). Still hopeful that it sits before downie gets picked (but probably unlikely).

Don’t think we really have any trade currency - we’ve left it 1-2 seasons too late. Maybe Gunston is he really wanted to go to a contender

We may be able to split our first pick and 2nd pick (and maybe a late pick) into 3 early picks before downie gets picked (eg to clubs with picks in the 10-16 range with an academy player likely to go 6-10 Would be bold (and not without riskbut a lot of uncertainty with lack of exposed form this year.

43 would then be enough for downie and then have three more swings with our later picks (that will have been brought forward a lot).

4 picks in top 30 (incl downie) and 3 late picks would be a decent haul.

Crouch is still a good player, his down falls are overblown. Free hit, wouldn’t make us worse. In the same age bracket as Jags/Mitch. Pay him enough so crows get band 1 compo (pick 2) and they can pay us back by trading their GWS first for O’Brien
Yeah... if we have cash to spend we should go Williams and Crouch or Gaff and Crouch. The outside players speak for themselves and would be a very handy inclusion. Crouch on the inside with Mitchell gets Jags as the 2/3 mid where he thrived at GC under Ablett, Prestia ect
I think a 1-2 punch of Mitch and Crouch would be a pretty formidable unit and the 193 proto type mid would not be so required as Worps and Jags gave the burst to clear a tight stoppage.
I have been in the Crouch to Hawks for a bit and would not be disappointed if we can snag him. Especially after the Cogs fiasco

Is there any FAs outside williams that we would look at? Ie would hugh Dixon from freo be a chance?
If Frawley is done at end of year is aidin corr worth a look?
Anywhere we can get youngish talent for free we should probably look at it.

I’d never heard this before but two different people in the last week have mentioned it to me (one of them normally has decent insider knowledge and is usually spot on).

has this rumour been doing the rounds? I haven’t read the majority of these posters.
Got a bit of Glenn Archer about him.
Really like this kid.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is there any FAs outside williams that we would look at? Ie would hugh Dixon from freo be a chance?
If Frawley is done at end of year is aidin corr worth a look?
Anywhere we can get youngish talent for free we should probably look at it.
I like the look of Dixon. Don't think he's nearly old (long serving) enough to be RFA though is he?

It's not talent that gets you rated as a first round pick.
It's demonstrating that talent against the best underage players in the country.
Without exposed form in the draft year, there is more uncertainty in the talent order.
Trade a first round pick for multiple early second round picks and upgrade your third round to a second round pick - if you can.

Does he have a BFF that plays for the HFC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the look of Dixon. Don't think he's nearly old (long serving) enough to be RFA though is he?
Not sure but there could be a loophole, didn’t freo delist him and redraft him last year? Something to do with shuffling contracts. That should make him a lifelong dfa and able to move anywhere I think.

Not sure but there could be a loophole, didn’t freo delist him and redraft him last year? Something to do with shuffling contracts. That should make him a lifelong dfa and able to move anywhere I think.

I’d like to see us use a late pick on a highly rated youngster that was overlooked and it burned a little. I note Box Hill signed Zane Barzen from Murray Bushrangers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’d like to see us use a late pick on a highly rated youngster that was overlooked and it burned a little. I note Box Hill signed Zane Barzen from Murray Bushrangers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
As long as it doesn't result in a team full of players that only perform briefly after returning from being dropped and only ever have career best seasons when they're coming out of contract.

Highly rated players don't tend to be overlooked without a good reason.

As long as it doesn't result in a team full of players that only perform briefly after returning from being dropped and only ever have career best seasons when they're coming out of contract.

Highly rated players don't tend to be overlooked without a good reason.
We need to find the next Sydney Stack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back