List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

yep. The "TRADE"part means you usually have to trade players out to get something in. Its all part of the discussion mate.
Actually it isn't, because I said it isn't. :partypooper:

Rory laird destroying collingwood almost single handedly, still can’t believe people here don’t rate him
They would ask too much. He needs to lower his form.

Lovely journalism

The same article that has been written 17 times already pretending his has sources.

'Victorian clubs are interested'

If you know that which ones are interested?

Other state clubs as well?

Cool which ones?

Jeez journalism in this game is so god damn easy. I could have written that same article.

laird in the mid today so far
32 touches, 15 contested, 9 clearances 8 tackles. Worth a look IMO. A great player.

And his 4 goal turnovers to Collingwood ended the game for Adelaide. He's 27 next year. Shouldn't be on our radar as a average pace backman. With a reasonable kick until he shanks it on a opposition forwards chest.

I remember Grizz telling me back in the day of our interest in Zac Williams, pre-draft. So it makes sense we'd still like him, as we are like stage 5 clingers with players who we liked pre-draft.

Can't really see it eventuating though.

Hope we go hard for will Brodie/peter wright. Peter right can be our main ruck/fwd. Brodie a tough inside mid with clean skills.

Davo-27 thoughts on O'driscoll for our top 5 pick? Watching footage of him he looks like he's around 190cm now, athletic mid. Im keen. Has more upside to Phillips, Bruhn I reckon. Hollands ACL scares me

Davo-27 thoughts on O'driscoll for our top 5 pick? Watching footage of him he looks like he's around 190cm now, athletic mid. Im keen. Has more upside to Phillips, Bruhn I reckon. Hollands ACL scares me

He could be an option for us, depends on where we finish and what other clubs do, but all of those names you mentioned would be options if we target a mid, seeing as there's a couple of high value talls we also might be keen on.

I have an idea for our recruiting team.

Take nobody with any recent history of injury’s.

Do not pick an 18 year old kid from nowhere who has injury problems that we think we are going to rehabilitate him and teach him how to run again.

Do not trade for any player that we think is a money ball option and we are picking him up for bargain chips because said player has spent the past 2 years struggling with injury.

With our picks keep it bloody simple Hawthorn. Pick kids that are not injured as a starter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Mitch McGovern? I think he is a decent swing man that could be used with Sicily to switch between back and forward. Blues can’t ask much for him in a trade, but I reckon has more value down back as an interceptor with time down forward as well.

Thoughts on Mitch McGovern? I think he is a decent swing man that could be used with Sicily to switch between back and forward. Blues can’t ask much for him in a trade, but I reckon has more value down back as an interceptor with time down forward as well.

only reason he is an AFL player is because of his surname.

Zero thoughts

I think he is a lazy player with average skill that is rated higher because of a couple highlights and a star of a brother.

Not many games left, we're out of the finals mix, surely its time we start getting linked to some players
Is anyone getting linked anywhere?

Normally by like May half the league has been linked to like 23 different clubs but haven't heard a thing. I think Covid is throwing a massive spanner in to the works when it comes to player movement.

His nickname at Carlton was brackets. They gave him the number 11 guernsey and the numbers stretched out like brackets when he arrived on massive coin.

Normally by like May half the league has been linked to like 23 different clubs but haven't heard a thing. I think Covid is throwing a massive spanner in to the works when it comes to player movement.
contract freeze was released a few weeks ago, and still not many contract announcements, think only Charlie Cameron.

Suppose until list sizes are confirmed there wont be much talk, amazed that hasn't been confirmed yet

Clubs still don’t know what the cap is and still don’t know what the list sizes will be. They have been told somewhere between 20-35% reduction next season.

20% is approx 2.4 mill in cuts
30% is approx 3.6 mill.

How can any club really do any recruiting based on all of what may or may not happen with list sizes and payments.

It makes the Ben Brown story laughable.
Brown is contracted next season.

Why would north be trying to sign up any player on a long term deal now when they don’t know how much money they will have to spend and their player is contracted.

Hope we go hard for will Brodie/peter wright. Peter right can be our main ruck/fwd. Brodie a tough inside mid with clean skills.

Both are contracted and meh, last thing we need is for us to pay overs for mediocre footballers we have done enough of that. I'd take them as free agents maybe but Gold Coast hold all the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back