List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Jeremy gets crucified for his hypocrisy in the media over summer about his criticism of Tom Boyd when he moved home also......

I have a feeling the higgins deal wont go ahead if we're being too greedy with picks. With Geelong linked to guys like Isaac Smith and Brad Crouch feels like they're putting feelers out there for guys who play similar roles.
Cameron announced he’s leaving

Riley Collier-Dawkins has signed a 2yr contract extension with the Tigers. Toby Nankervis has signed a 3 year deal.

Cameron to Cats lol.

My arse they develop. Still riding the wave of F+S, can't wait till they fall off cliff.

Just cemented my decision to forgo watching the conclusion of this money driven, marketing abomination of a season.

People thinking this opens up the door for Kelly to North are going to be disappointed.

1. GWS aren’t going to bring in Brown to compete at the same time as letting Kelly go.

2. Kelly would need to want to come to North, and at this point we would be top 3 least appealing destinations in the league.

3. It would take Brown and our first rounder to get the ball rolling on a deal.

The year is 2040, 45 year old Josh Kelly has asked to join the North Melbourne kangaroos a team his father played for 60 years ago, Josh hasn't played in 2 years due to a knee issue.
North Melbourne have tabled a 5 year 10 million dollar contract.
IT's HAPPENING!

But I won't care by then that's almost for sure.

That was on the assumption that we would pick up a hefty chunk of his wage for 2020.

I think 33 is close to par if we were paying nothing... not a chance in hell I'd be paying them to take Higgins for that pick.

Isn't the narrative that we wouldn't stand in Higgos way?

Not standing in the way if he can get a good deal for himself and us is one thing - standing there while they slap us in the face with a fish is another all together.

Cameron to Cats lol.

My arse they develop. Still riding the wave of F+S, can't wait till they fall off cliff.

Just cemented my decision to forgo watching the conclusion of this money driven, marketing abomination of a season.

I really want them to come up short this year - the longer they hang on chasing the dream the harder the fall will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could they afford Cameron AND Crouch AND Higgins?

Cameron and Crouch would be on 1.5 mill at least.

I'd bet on them withdrawing their interest in Crouch, especially if GWS matches on Cameron.

A gun forward in his prime moving to a Premiership contender, where have I seen this before? Joke of a competition. The bigger clubs get bigger, the interstate shite get compensation/priority picks, and we get told that Shaun Higgins is worth the same as Zac Smith of all ******* people. Somebody give me euthanasia.

Riley Collier-Dawkins has signed a 2yr contract extension with the Tigers. Toby Nankervis has signed a 3 year deal.
Shame. Would have liked RCD.

The cap is the biggest impediment to them. If the Cats offer is more than the Giants they may not have the capacity to match.
Aren’t Giants paying 1.5 mil this year? It was talked about when the Covid reductions came into place. Cameron lost more than any other player. GWS have room to match.

I have a feeling the higgins deal wont go ahead if we're being too greedy with picks. With Geelong linked to guys like Isaac Smith and Brad Crouch feels like they're putting feelers out there for guys who play similar roles.
Good. He stays where he belongs and where he's needed. That's at least one problem solved then. Next.

Aren’t Giants paying 1.5 mil this year? It was talked about when the Covid reductions came into place. Cameron lost more than any other player. GWS have room to match.

Have room now (for 2021 onwards) or had room this year? Not the same thing obviously. Personally can't see them matching any deal but it would be good for the laughs if they did.

I would imagine quite a few of the gun mids have big increases baked in next year on the assumption that they save a big chunk of the Cameron money. I am not sure they have a heap of room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back