List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have room now (for 2021 onwards) or had room this year? Not the same thing obviously. Personally can't see them matching any deal but it would be good for the laughs if they did.
I would imagine quite a few of the gun mids have big increases baked in next year on the assumption that they save a big chunk of the Cameron money. I am not sure they have a heap of room.
It’s not Geelong have heaps of room. Surely Danger, Selwood, and Hawkins are all on good money then they have a heap of mid range guys like Duncan, Tuohy, Menegola and Rohan who would all be on good coin. One thing Geelong don’t do is pay overs. Surely GWS match.

I hope Jeremy gets crucified for his hypocrisy in the media over summer about his criticism of Tom Boyd when he moved home also......

He's going from one media love child to another.

He'll get crucified for nothing. It'll be seen as shrewd operating on his behalf.

It’s not Geelong have heaps of room. Surely Danger, Selwood, and Hawkins are all on good money then they have a heap of mid range guys like Duncan, Tuohy, Menegola and Rohan who would all be on good coin. One thing Geelong don’t do is pay overs. Surely GWS match.

Maybe. I still think it's unlikely they would match either way - it's a bit of scorched earth approach to player management. It sucks for them but end of the day he's given them 9 years, that's a pretty decent contribution for mine.

So where does this leave Esava Ratugolea ....might be worth a look?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Superstar Esava Ratugolea, might be moving on from Geelong, several teams have shown interest, including North Melbourne who would need to part with a least pick 2 in order to secure him, He would be a great replacement for departing Ruckman Forward forward Ben Brown Brown averages less than 5 hitouts a game and looks to be joining GWs for pick 73"

I would assume that GWS have the cap space to match any offer that Geelong put on the table for Cameron, and they should do so. Better from our point of view if GWS match the offer and force a trade because GWS won't be getting a compensation pick that could potentially push out our Dees first rounder. And better for the balance of the competition if they force the Cats to cough up a first rounder or two. Not great for competition equality if the Cats can land Cameron as a FA, and still be walking to the draft with three first rounders.

With respect, I think if we have said to him that we won't stand in his way if he gets the right offer I don't think we are going to insist on a first-round pick for a 33-year-old.

1603094816981.png

"Superstar Esava Ratugolea, might be moving on from Geelong, several teams have shown interest, including North Melbourne who would need to part with a least pick 2 in order to secure him, He would be a great replacement for departing Ruckman Forward forward Ben Brown Brown averages less than 5 hitouts a game and looks to be joining GWs for pick 73"
Pick #2?:rolleyes No way....

I'd swap for Higgins if we can. Competes and hits packs hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back