List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a pick would make it difficult?

We have 9 & 25 that could be worked into a deal in some way that means we still maintain the same amount of picks but add another young player like Caldwell.

GWS are going to have ALOT of picks after Williams, Corr compo's and the Cameron trade.

They may have as many as 5 top 25 picks at that point.

brown to melb
pruess to GWS
Calwell to north

easy, obviously picks would need to be involved as well

Agreed - I can only assume they want a draft pick rather then one of our players, which would make it difficult.

If he wanted to come to North, we'd get something done.

There's a possibility that we aren't looking to throw a 5 year contract at a 20yo who's played a handful of games.

So as a rule are you against any creative move involving the utilisation of our salary cap to improve our draft position?

The rational ones. The 8 step trade-fests are just more spam.

Brilliant lateral thinking.

Let's pile up every contracted bad boy in the league as salary dumps and put them all on these deals then send the lot of them to a preseason camp in Kuta.

Come March 2021 we'll have 10 picks in the top 25 and 6 spare list spots.

The club could sell tickets to the camp as well.

I'm amazed, a midfield group of LDU, Simpkin and Caldwell is a 7 to 10 year midfield.

What if there is one that is better at pick 2 this year?

We don't have to trade a ****ing thing then.

We should be all over Caldwell.

It's bizarre we havn't been mentioned in any rumours, it may be a case of him not wanting to come here, but he's exactly the type we should be going after.

Even if it meant trading #9 as part of a downgrade to GWS for say the Corr compo pick.

I'd probably prefer Caldwell over Bruhn if given the option. We'd then still maintain another top 25 pick.

the very first rumours I read were Caldwell to North weeks and weeks ago.

The club could sell tickets to the camp as well.

"North Melbourne has declared a $3 million dollar profit for the 2021 season. This smashes North's previous best single profit. Ben Buckley has attributed the profit growth from a tourism initiative where fans were able to purchase tickets to attend a personal development workshop in Bali along with several players on the North list. Sessions at the workshop were run by former AFL bad boys Lawrence Angwin, Brendan Fevola, and Harley Bennell as well as colourful Sydney nightclub identity, John Ibrahim. Following the workshop, two listed North players along with several of the fans who attended were declared missing by the Balinese authorities and grave concerns are held for their wellbeing."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you can have LDU, Simpkin, Caldwell and pick 2.

Caldwell adds to the quality on our list

Perhaps, it ultimately comes down to the cost.

Is he worth a big contract AND a high draft pick?

I wouldn't think so.

There's no hiding it now.

I sometimes wonder if the AFL passes a blind eye to this stuff so a large membership base in a significant downturn period, can reinvigorate the market.

Look no further than D. Martin and Collingwood's cap.

Or hope he does something really stupid meaning we can terminate him for cause and pay him 50% of the contract value. We could ask Brendan Fevola to be his mentor.
Problem is we terminate and then don’t met the cap floor..

Williams (750-800) Saad (750-800) and Oliver (>650) all in one off season? For the price of Kade Simpson and Matthew Kreuzer's $2.2m combined contract? I don't think so

Plus Tom De Koning and Zac Fisher have lined up for new contracts this off season too

Williams (750-800) Saad (750-800) and Oliver (>650) all in one off season? For the price of Kade Simpson and Matthew Kreuzer's $2.2m combined contract? I don't think so

I actually don't care about this anymore. Instead, find me the guy that makes these things happen. Carlton have one. St.Kilda have one. Hell, even * have one.

Find him. Hire him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back