List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wanted to come to North, we'd get something done.

There's a possibility that we aren't looking to throw a 5 year contract at a 20yo who's played a handful of games.

There is that too although saints have taken the five yr off so not competing with that now so can move down to a more std 3

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Meanwhile Daniher (an inferior player with less of a resume) gets a first.

If we get less than a first then we f’ed it, regardless of the reasons around the departure

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not disputing that Brown doesn't have a better resume then Daniher - Absolutely no doubt Brown has more runs on the board.

What I've come to accept is that for whatever reason, clubs rate/want Daniher more then Brown.

I have no doubt that we will try and maximise what we get in return for Brown, however it comes down to how much clubs (Melbourne) want him & are willing to pay. Daniher is also an FA so compo comes into play, which is hardly a reasonable comparison - On that criteria, Crouch is potentially worth pick 3. Better off comparing Brown to other uncontracted players that are being traded that aren't FA (Saad).

Caldwell has alarm bells all over him imo. Imaging demanding selection in your second year without question. Self entitlement through the roof. Plus I’ve watched him a couple of times this year and he’s very unimpressive. Cannot kick the footy properly. Steer clear

We can only dream.

I've accepted the reality that for whatever reason, he isn't rated highly enough across the competition. Pick 23 is hardly concrete, but I expected something in the 13-25 range for Brown. 23 and a sweetener pick wouldn't be the end of the world as you'd like to make out.

Put asiding your hyperbole (end of the world), I'm just curious why you thought pushing a key forward out for a pick circa 23 was such an important strategic move to make?

To me the idea of pushing out Ben Brown was that you were expecting a strong return. Pick 23 is something you expect for a decent top 15 on the list player, not a leading goalkicker.

I'm not disputing that Brown doesn't have a better resume then Daniher - Absolutely no doubt Brown has more runs on the board.

What I've come to accept is that for whatever reason, clubs rate/want Daniher more then Brown.

I have no doubt that we will try and maximise what we get in return for Brown, however it comes down to how much clubs (Melbourne) want him & are willing to pay. Daniher is also an FA so compo comes into play, which is hardly a reasonable comparison - On that criteria, Crouch is potentially worth pick 3. Better off comparing Brown to other uncontracted players that are being traded that aren't FA (Saad).

That’s fine, but even if we compare to saad the asking price (ridiculously) is a first rounder.

Again anything less than a first rounder is a failure

People won't wanna hear it, but it gets it pretty close.

Ofcoarse we'd want more (their 2021 first), but it's looking unlikely...

If they get close to the Corr compo for Preuss plus change this could also come into the equation. I think it'll end up in the realm of two second round picks.

Put asiding your hyperbole (end of the world), I'm just curious why you thought pushing a key forward out for a pick circa 23 was such an important strategic move to make?

To me the idea of pushing out Ben Brown was that you were expecting a strong return. Pick 23 is something you expect for a decent top 15 on the list player, not a leading goalkicker.

Personally, I think we need more 1st/2nd round picks in 2020/2021 - Only way to do that is through trading senior players. I see Brown as the senior player that least impacts us from a leadership perspective with enough value to get us 1st/2nd round picks, which is just my opinion. How else do you propose we get more picks?

We can speculate about us accepting pick 23 all we want, but until that's what we accept, how can we take it as gospel? For all we know, Brady might demand their 2021 first.

That’s fine, but even if we compare to saad the asking price (ridiculously) is a first rounder.

Again anything less than a first rounder is a failure

What's our asking price?

Edmund is speculating that we are asking for 23, making it more speculation. Dodoro has requested Pick 7 and a player, making it fact.

We can speculate about us accepting pick 23 all we want, but until that's what we accept, how can we take it as gospel? For all we know, Brady might demand their 2021 first.

Agree, let's put the pitchforks away (for now)

If a sweetener is added, I think that's about right. If not and compo picks push #23 to closer to #30, then light those pitchforks!

What's our asking price?

Edmund is speculating that we are asking for 23, making it more speculation. Dodoro has requested Pick 7 and a player, making it fact.

I know it the media but both values seem to be accepted as on the mark. Regardless of how we have arrived at this point if we lose brown for 23 it would be an absolute travesty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Hannan requested a move to the Dogs from Melbourne.

May factor into the Brown trade.

Probably would command more than 23

I know it the media but both values seem to be accepted as on the mark. Regardless of how we have arrived at this point if we lose brown for 23 it would be an absolute travesty

Out of curiosity, what do you think would be a fair trade?

I personally think Pick 15 or a 2021 First Rounder or 2x Second Rounders. You'll find that many oppo supporters/media don't believe he is worth that though.

We should be all over Caldwell.

It's bizarre we havn't been mentioned in any rumours, it may be a case of him not wanting to come here, but he's exactly the type we should be going after.

Even if it meant trading #9 as part of a downgrade to GWS for say the Corr compo pick.

I'd probably prefer Caldwell over Bruhn if given the option. We'd then still maintain another top 25 pick.

Maybe this year not being mentioned in any rumours in regards to player movement actually means we might really be involved. The last few years we have shown all our cards, didn’t really work. Brady might be going about things a little more professionally. Personally would love Caldwell, if he wants opportunity, NMFC is the perfect place for him. + $$

Yep.

Melbourne pick up an effective tall forward, we get a pick that will end up close to 30 in a very speculative draft.

I would hope that there is on trading and pick shuffles, or that we are getting more than a solitary second round pick.

I personally think Pick 15 or a 2021 First Rounder or 2x Second Rounders. You'll find that many oppo supporters/media don't believe he is worth that though.

Yep 15 is about right, proven key forwards are worth that

In think that this:
2x Second Rounders.
should be the minimum.

THis would be my preferred:
2021 First Rounder

And my main issue is here that we are getting rid of Brown for unders and it really looks like we are going to do this.

If you told me in April that Ben Brown being leaving for a second round pick, after turning down a significant contract would where we are at i would have called you insane.

It's a list machination move though, not a genuine investment in a player.

The only public face thing we'd need to do is a bit of spin - "yada yada talented player we can get him back to his best".

Behind closed doors "Enjoy your year, just don't do anything stupid wearing club attire. All the best with your future".
Where can I get a job like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back