List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kid's reputation is growing by the minute. He'll be Bunton & Skilton rolled into one soon. They'll probably give him Reynolds' jumper number.
He is good but the reason I like him is he seems to have some toe and we need that. Not cos he is the next Cunners or something.

So how do we get another first rounder with 23 24 and whos 1 rounder
Bulldogs pick 12 as it stands because it will be useless to them when they match the bid for JUH. Points will help them.

The North Melbourne Football Club and senior coach, Rhyce Shaw, have come to a mutual decision to part ways, effective immediately.

We fully support him and have been in constant contact since the conclusion of the season. At all times, our focus has been on the health of wellbeing of Rhyce and providing adequate care for him and his family.

Full details in the Shaw thread.

If that's true... Wow...
MAYBE he becomes a superstar in the next few years and it's totally worth it, but that is a lot to pay for a fringe 2nd year player.

Heard Jason McCartney on sen earlier this week talking about ridiculous money being offered too young players and how the afl need to do something about it.
I see what he was getting at.

Heard Jason McCartney on sen earlier this week talking about ridiculous money being offered too young players and how the afl need to do something about it.

Did he happen to mention how he offered a teenage Tom Boyd a million dollars a year before anyone else was doing it?

The North Melbourne Football Club and senior coach, Rhyce Shaw, have come to a mutual decision to part ways, effective immediately.

We fully support him and have been in constant contact since the conclusion of the season. At all times, our focus has been on the health of wellbeing of Rhyce and providing adequate care for him and his family.

Full details in the Shaw thread.

I have great faith in those leading the football department in Brady Rawlings, Scott Clayton, Mark Finnigan and Glenn Luff, to create something special and believe there’s a great nucleus of youth to build around and add to including the likes of Jy Simpkin, Tarryn Thomas, Nick Larkey, Curtis Taylor, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Bailey Scott, Cameron Zurhaar, Aiden Bonar, Ben McKay, Kyron Hayden, Flynn Perez, Jack Mahony, Tristan Xerri and Charlie Comben.

Mix in some seasoned players in Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell, Robbie Tarrant, Ben Cunnington, Josh Walker, Jared Polec, Aaron Hall, Kayne Turner, Taylor Garner, Luke McDonald, Jed Anderson and Trent Dumont, and we have a great list full of flexibility and a lot of excitement.

Higgins, Brown, Walker omitted from the above.

Jed and Polly named though.

I wouldn't take much notice of blokes who weren't mentioned, and some that were.

I have great faith in those leading the football department in Brady Rawlings, Scott Clayton, Mark Finnigan and Glenn Luff, to create something special and believe there’s a great nucleus of youth to build around and add to including the likes of Jy Simpkin, Tarryn Thomas, Nick Larkey, Curtis Taylor, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Bailey Scott, Cameron Zurhaar, Aiden Bonar, Ben McKay, Kyron Hayden, Flynn Perez, Jack Mahony, Tristan Xerri and Charlie Comben.

Mix in some seasoned players in Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell, Robbie Tarrant, Ben Cunnington, Josh Walker, Jared Polec, Aaron Hall, Kayne Turner, Taylor Garner, Luke McDonald, Jed Anderson and Trent Dumont, and we have a great list full of flexibility and a lot of excitement.

Shaun Atley is not overly impressed...."ya ******* well mention Aaron Hall, but not me!!! What am I, Dom Tyson?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why should the AFL intervene? It's a market and clubs are effectively speculating on players. Caldwell has had a couple of years in an AFL system so he is ready to go from a strength and conditioning perspective, was a high pick, and has played enough of a sample for the Bombers to be able to do decent due diligence. Is there a risk? Sure. Could it pay off big time? Absolutely. I would like to see us take that kind of punt.

Why should the AFL intervene? It's a market and clubs are effectively speculating on players. Caldwell has had a couple of years in an AFL system so he is ready to go from a strength and conditioning perspective, was a high pick, and has played enough of a sample for the Bombers to be able to do decent due diligence. Is there a risk? Sure. Could it pay off big time? Absolutely. I would like to see us take that kind of punt.

The actual integrity of the cap?

The actual integrity of the cap?

That's a different issue. The AFL should actually police the cap but why should they intervene if a club wants to pay a young player good money? McCartney is pissy because they have dumped all their cap on 7 or 8 "A graders" and don't have the cash to match other clubs raiding their talent that is not in that group.

That's a different issue. The AFL should actually police the cap but why should they intervene if a club wants to pay a young player good money? McCartney is pissy because they have dumped all their cap on 7 or 8 "A graders" and don't have the cash to match other clubs raiding their talent that is not in that group.

It's kinda related mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back