List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an avenue back to the club for him?

I legitimately have no issue with us playing a hard-line on the initial stuff.

But a second round pick feels bloody minded at proving a point.

Need to know all the reasons behind the decision before we know if there is a chance to return. If the reasons were cost, injuries/durability and game plan. Then cost we can always overcome offering cheaper deal esp as market rates less than what we initially did.... the game plan might have changed with Rhyce departure but I'm sure it wasn't just Rhyce driving that but one that won't have changed will be his injuries, durability and longevity. If they were issues previously they will still be issues

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

that's ridiculous, he's got at least 6 more years of top level footy in him barring some degenerative injury. big men don't just hang it up at 29 these days, science has advanced. don't forget how good waitey was for us even up until the end.
It's not a given that he'll play deep into his 30's.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The best 2 years of Ben's remaining career will likely be '21 and '22, both years in which the club has committed to rebuilding. He's not an integral leader (never been in the leadership group), and he has trade currency. I think it's pretty clear why we're looking to trade him now, whether or not a lot of us agree with it.
The best years of Brown's career may well have happened.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

that's ridiculous, he's got at least 6 more years of top level footy in him barring some degenerative injury. big men don't just hang it up at 29 these days, science has advanced. don't forget how good waitey was for us even up until the end.
I loved Waitey but I do remember up until his end and he couldn’t get on the park.
Excellent when he did though.

Mate, you might want to go an easy on the "compromised by personal politics" stuff when you routinely create entire fantasies like us cutting the VFL team to subsidise the W side straight out of your own personal politics.

There's no big secret or hidden gender with Ben I know about.

We had a lucrative deal on the table for Ben earlier this year. This is established fact.

Ben, on the advice of his idiot manager, rejected that deal.

We then said no, we're not budging from our figure.

Ben then plays poorly and gets injured.

The marketplace changes under Ben's feet and he finds himself where he is.

If Ben had CHOSEN TO SIGN the deal that would have made him one of the highest players in the game when we offered it to him.

Any suggestion we're driving Ben out is laughable.

We offered him a massive deal that he rejected.
I can't actually see what political issue Snake is alluding to as Ben's personal views seem to align pretty well with the club's inclusion policies. I can only pin this to reassessing where our list is at, Ben's capabilities and the prognosis for his knee.

*Ramma sounds like a little scorned man.

He’s definitely had the rug pulled from under him and it wouldn’t surprise me if BBB is already 99% in *Tullamarine colours next year as payback..

I'd be livid if I was Ben. An agent should be looking out for the player's best interest.

If Rama hasn't even picked up the phone and asked the question of North since everything has gone down, thats dismal.

Its becoming increasingly obvious that the big money offers aren't there at other clubs, plus Ben loves North. Sounds like Rama is being too big headed to actually do his job.

If you weren't so hopelessly compromised by personal politics you would expand on this and tell the broader truth.
And what's stopping you from telling the broader truth? Or are you just dropping hints and insinuations because you've got no ******* idea but the guesswork suits your own narrative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it?

We haven't exactly presented a situation where we are trying to work out a way to keep him on the list.

I've accepted he's on the way out, but I don't for a second believe it's of his own accord.
You don't offer contracts for $750K + to blokes you're driving out the door.

Everything that's happened since he rejected the offer and held out for more can be sheeted home to that initial decision to reject the contract offer.

Once rejected then other factors came into play as the year unfolded.

*Ramma sounds like a little scorned man.

He’s definitely had the rug pulled from under him and it wouldn’t surprise me if BBB is already 99% in *Tullamarine colours next year as payback..
I suspect you're joking but WTF is it with the conspiracy theories about Ramanauskas recruiting for *? Is that's what agents do, I eagerly await the spoils from Pickering and Trotter.

Is it?

We haven't exactly presented a situation where we are trying to work out a way to keep him on the list.

I've accepted he's on the way out, but I don't for a second believe it's of his own accord.

It's a combination of both.

Ben ****ed up by not accepting a very good offer, thinking he could did better.

Things changed and North pushed him out with a take it or leave it, insulting 2 year deal on crap $.

If we wanted to keep him we could have found a middle ground.

Is there an avenue back to the club for him?

I legitimately have no issue with us playing a hard-line on the initial stuff.

But a second round pick feels bloody minded at proving a point.

Doubt it.

Ben made very clear months ago that he feels he's worth more than what we offered.

Whether the market agrees is another matter.

Will be interesting to see what the Bombers get for Daniher. I strongly suspect it will be very similar to what we get for Ben.

Everything that's happened since he rejected the offer and held out for more can be sheeted home to that initial decision to reject the contract offer.

It’s incredible ho many times the same ground needs to be covered in three seperate threads.

It's a combination of both.

Ben f’ed up by not accepting a very good offer, thinking he could did better.

Things changed and North pushed him out with a take it or leave it, insulting 2 year deal on crap $.

If we wanted to keep him we could have found a middle ground.
Exactly this.

Personally, I back the club to make decisions that improve our list. That apparently includes dumping Ben, at which I'm surprised but supportive.

But some of the narrative on here is feeling a little Kool-Aidy.

Last edited:
Is it?

Apart from when we offered him a deal that would have made him the highest paid player on the list.

Reckon there were people dipping their toes into the property market in October and November that are now spewing they didn't accept offers rhey got, thinking instead they'd hold out for the 2020 boom.

Markets are funny things like that, they go up AND down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back