List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't make any sense. I didn't say Powell was worth pick 9.
This doesn't make any sense - I didn't say you said Will Powell was worth pick 9.

If Powell is only gettable with pick 9 or thereabouts, then BB is worth an entire draft a la Ricky Williams circa 1999...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Paying for potential I suppose.... one has big future ahead the other might have best days behind him

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So one has potential and the other is 27 with a * ton of runs on the board, elite at his particular position and very marketable ?

I see where you're coming from :eek

Jake Carlisle? Only if we played him forward to provide cover for the younger guys developing. Same role we would consider Tom Mcdonald for.

But no. Assume its bullshit.

the Waite role

I daresay if BBB had won those 2 colemans he was leading up until the final round there would be no talk of 2nd rounders in the media... Thanks Gold Coast.
Thanks AFL...

They simultaneously handed Cameron and Junktime Jack Coleman's by having the open last round...

Its not a coincidence mate...

Geelong should have gone harder for Higgins last year. His finishing could have made a big difference in the first half to the point it could have been over.

Will they make the same mistake this year or will they be desperate enough to make a good offer for him?
I think they would be mighty desperate GS. Shaun Higgins looks to be the only option to save them from over-hyped self appreciation. I can't see them winning a flag with this crew without Shaun Higgins. In fact, I think Shaun Higgins is the missing piece to their puzzle and now is the time to strike no matter the cost!

What is this bullshit

I think the AFL should step in, they are obviously going to chronically overpay Crouch to get a compensation he isn't worth so Saints can avoid them matching and doing a trade. AFL requires trades to be fair value in themselves, two players for a garbage pick is not fair value and the trade hinges on the AFL gifting a compensation for Crouch that he isn't worth.

Clubs abusing the compensation system will see compensation end and that is going to negatively impact a lot of clubs who lose a lot of talent and struggle to get anyone to come in because they are rebuilding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the AFL should step in, they are obviously going to chronically overpay Crouch to get a compensation he isn't worth so Saints can avoid them matching and doing a trade. AFL requires trades to be fair value in themselves, two players for a garbage pick is not fair value and the trade hinges on the AFL gifting a compensation for Crouch that he isn't worth.

Clubs abusing the compensation system will see compensation end and that is going to negatively impact a lot of clubs who lose a lot of talent and struggle to get anyone to come in because they are rebuilding.
Brad Crouch is not pick 2 compo. What a crock of s**t!

Again, I have a strong humch that a clubs overall trade period is factored when allocating compo picks, and Webster & Duncan would weaken the compensation position.

If it results in us selecting Campbell after missing out on McDonald / Hollands, the Swans will feel the most screwed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is a good point.

I'm glad there would be other voices of dissent then ours if something as blatant as this occurred.

Andrew Pridham and Jeff Kennett are a lot more important than Buckley unfortunately ...

They were talking about it pre-game on the wireless. Someone needed to go to him. Agreed wholeheartedly. Woudda sacrificed Menegola or Selwood.

Next minute..........."North should trade Luke McDonald to Geelong for a 3rd round pick, so that the DANGERFLAG dream can be realised"

They were talking about it pre-game on the wireless. Someone needed to go to him. Agreed wholeheartedly. Woudda sacrificed Menegola or Selwood.

Just another great coaching display by a Scott brother.

I’d actually say Chris is a worse coach than brad with the caliber of players each have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back