List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is what they are missing though.

If he leaves it will because he has no faith in Bevo, because he has f’ed him around by playing him as a ruckman/half foward and not in his best position.

Dunkley the Good is, Dunkley the Lesser though?

L-Mac shut him down. Martin can be shut down. Geelong's tactics and list age are their undoing.

I think 2016/17 was the last time Martin was dominant against us.

He can be shut down, but they have a pretty good team, they don't really need him to dominate to win. When we beat them last year, it was more about shutting down their back line that moves the ball forward so quickly, if you can disrupt the way they move the ball, you don't really need to worry about shutting Martin down, the supply is shut down instead and he has to battle for his own ball more than get on the outside with it where he is dangerous.

I think 2016/17 was the last time Martin was dominant against us.

He can be shut down, but they have a pretty good team, they don't really need him to dominate to win. When we beat them last year, it was more about shutting down their back line that moves the ball forward so quickly, if you can disrupt the way they move the ball, you don't really need to worry about shutting Martin down, the supply is shut down instead and he has to battle for his own ball more than get on the outside with it where he is dangerous.

Richmond are our bitches, and it has been that way for 40 years.

So one has potential and the other is 27 with a fu** ton of runs on the board, elite at his particular position and very marketable ?

I see where you're coming from :eek

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is 28 to start with.... you don't pay for what they have done, you pay for what you are doing to get....he wasn't elite in his position last year, he struggled to be fit for the first game then had another op before ssn end and not overly sure he is that marketable..... just cause he is diff doesn't make him marketable

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you sell your house because someone built a freeway next door or you discovered toxic waste in the soil then the value would drop. The thing that motivates you to sell is also the thing that drops the value of your house.

If you decide to sell it and two days later the story of a toxic waste dump next door comes out in the local paper then the same thing will happen. And that is regardless of how true the story actually is.

House price could drop though if all of a sudden on the news there is media all about how the prices in that area are going down because no one wants to live there

I would say it’s pretty rare for a house that has had massive growth over 3 years (most goals) in prime real estate (key forward), to then be sold for loose change.

They don’t make freeways through the middle of Toorak.

Meh, doesn't matter.

The Crows are going to take on 2 spuds for a year, just so they can get pick 2 for Crouch.

It's the way of the future, do what you need to get the deal done.

Can't see this happening surely. Can't get compensation for someone they clearly don't want and are getting two players in return. The AFL have to be all over this, while we question their intelligence at times it's clear that this is trying to manipulate the rules and would set a very dangerous precedent

Just heard on NorthTalk that we may have offered Jmac a contract only weeks after we delisted him?

If that’s true, wtf are we doing haha are we actually making massive mistakes?
Any chance another club interested (big Essendon family i believe),,,,contract him to trade him, or he’s happy to hang around on base pay as back up?

Essington going the dud brother path.

The Shane Harvey carrot to get/keep the better brother

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah Chris way better even allowing for advantages.

He did just make one of the worst coaching decisions in the history of GF. Actually, I would say two. Danger should have started the 3rd in the centre, his absence cost them the momentum. And no tagger on Dusty a close 2nd. Scott brothers can come up with good tactics but they end up like the coach in The Waterboy once someone changes they are completely lost.

Just had a quick look at the Tigers premiership side.

7 - first rounder draft picks
7- second rounders
the rest rookie, pre-season and third/fourth rounders.

I hope we keep our picks we get for Brown/Higgins. I'd rather picks 2, 9 and a multitude of second rounders than upgrade a few spots.
The more chances the better the odds.
Our recruiting has improved dramatically and it's time we backed those professionals in. We'd have a list of players 1-45 and know enough to make an informed decision.
Will be interesting to see which way we go. yes there hasn't be a lot of footy around, but we had success with Simpkin/Perez/Zurhaar who hadn't played much if any in their last junior year.

7- second rounders

I hope we keep our picks we get for Brown/Higgins. I'd rather picks 2, 9 and a multitude of second rounders than upgrade a few spots.
Our recruiting has improved dramatically and it's time we backed those professionals in. We'd have a list of players 1-45 and know enough to make an informed decision.
Will be interesting to see which way we go. yes there hasn't be a lot of footy around, but we had success with Simpkin/Perez/Zurhaar who hadn't played much if any in their last junior year.
They went through a lot of blown first and second rounders before they finally landed some good ones.

7- second rounders

Richmond also completely changed their culture. It's as much about the environment draftees come into as it is where they are drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back