List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just one poster who thinks because we paid 104% this year means we have no money.... when logically it means the opposite in that if we have managed to get up to that value then we must have front ended a lot of caks and as such have less to pay this year..... in theory

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When did I say that? My main point is that we apparently have too many players on bigger $$ than they deserve and therefore we aren't going to be splashing cash around this off season.
My understanding is that to pay above 100% of the cap in any given year you need to have paid below 100% the previous 2 years. We still have guys like Hall, Tyson, Polec, Campbell on our books for next year so the fact we have paid so much this year suggests that these contracts were actually not front ended at all.

When did I say that? My main point is that we apparently have too many players on bigger $$ than they deserve and therefore we aren't going to be splashing cash around this off season.
My understanding is that to pay above 100% of the cap in any given year you need to have paid below 100% the previous 2 years. We still have guys like Hall, Tyson, Polec, Campbell on our books for next year so the fact we have paid so much this year suggests that these contracts were actually not front ended at all.

Given we could have as many as 10 guys on draftee contracts next year, we have cleared 11 players some of whom were on good coin, and I wouldn't expect us to have anyone with backended deals we should have a heap of flexibility next year even at 95% of the cap.

Polec's contract was front-ended from my understanding. Drops down to $500k to $600k from here.

It was a salary dump.

What we didn’t pay for him in Draft equity, we more than made up for it with $$$.

We were the equivalent of rich old man being left at the alter, only to make his way to Men’s Gallery with the $ for the reception in his Sky rocket.

Port the little fluffer came over and we spent the next few hours feeding Benjamin Franklins into her crack.

Before she left for the evening and Melbourne came over and stroked our inner thigh, some.

They don't accept US currency at the Men's Gallery.

overall sounded ok, rated the young ones, think we will be in a good position to attract free agents in future but think we have 2 or 3 more years of pain

Given we could have as many as 10 guys on draftee contracts next year, we have cleared 11 players some of whom were on good coin, and I wouldn't expect us to have anyone with backended deals we should have a heap of flexibility next year even at 95% of the cap.

Polec's contract was front-ended from my understanding. Drops down to $500k to $600k from here.

This is assuming competent/smart list management over the last few years of Joyces tenure.
Mason Wood & possibly Majak would've been on good coin, but who else of the delisted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is assuming competent/smart list management over the last few years of Joyces tenure.
Mason Wood & possibly Majak would've been on good coin, but who else of the delisted?
JMac would have been on decent coin. A few of the others like Williams wouldn't have been on big deals but I assume still better than a standard draft contract?

Perhaps Pittard? On the basis that PA only paid part of his salary in his first year with us. Someone also suggested that Ahern's salary was higher than might have been expected.

Based on that belief, which I am sure is fairly widespread, could we trade our future picks to really load up this year's draft hand?

There should be a blanket ban on us trading any future first/seconds for the next two years.

The widespread perception is a highly likely reality (definitely for 2021). I wouldn't trade our 2021 future first for anything this draft.

It was a salary dump.

What we didn’t pay for him in Draft equity, we more than made up for it with $$$.

We were the equivalent of rich old man being left at the alter, only to make his way to Men’s Gallery with the $ for the reception in his Sky rocket.

Port the little fluffer came over and we spent the next few hours feeding Benjamin Franklins into her crack.

Before she left for the evening and Melbourne came over and stroked our inner thigh, some.

I always perceived the fluffer role to be a little different to this.

In the same ball-park, sure, but still different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back