List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitter rivals Carlton and Essendon will dig in for a fortnight of tough negotiations on Adam Saad despite the Blues’ willingness to include their No. 7 selection in a trade.

Essendon’s initial ambit claim for Saad included a wish list of stars including Sam Walsh or Charlie Curnow, but now believes he is worthy of a straight swap for that prized early selection..

Carlton is willing to use that selection but would want a later draft pick back given the high worth of a top-10 pick.

Carlton is aware it could attempt to secure Saad in the pre-season draft for nothing by putting an astronomical price on his head in the first year of his deal but it would be a last resort.

It could also attempt to split that pick No. 7 by trading it to a club like Geelong for pick 11 and 18 and hand No. 11 to the Dons.

But Essendon is adamant it needs that top-10 selection.

If the Bombers secured that selection they would have their own pick six, Carlton’s pick seven, could secure pick 26 for departing forward Orazio Fantasia, and might get an end-of-first-round compensation pick for Joe Daniher.

Brisbane has been strong that it will not trade for Daniher given his nine years of service at Essendon and free agency rights.

It believes Essendon would accept an end-of-first round selection for Daniher rather than the risk of losing him into the pre-season draft, where Sydney has the third selection.

The Swans were still keen on Daniher this year despite a lower profile, with Daniher’s deal not expected to reach first-round compensation levels.

Carlton and Essendon are expected to haggle for some time on the Saad deal, which is complicated by the long list of father-son and NGA selections which will dilute the Blues’ pick seven.

Jamar Ugle-Hagan (Bulldogs), Braeden Campbell (Sydney) and Lachie Jones (Port Adelaide) could all attract bids before that No. 7 pick, while Adelaide could still secure the No. 2 overall selection as compensation for losing free agent Brad Crouch.

St Kilda has privately suggested it has secured Crouch on a modest salary but Adelaide has not lost hope his five-year deal could still secure it pick two.

Port Adelaide-linked Jones is the kind of dynamic half-back that would be perfect as the Saad replacement at Essendon but the Power are sure to match a bid for him.

Jones played the year at senior SANFL level for Woodville-West Torrens and looked extremely comfortable at the level.

Four bids for players of that calibre would eventually push that Blues No. 7 selection down to No. 11 by the time it was used on draft night, which is a more reasonable pick swap for Saad.

Essendon remains in the hunt for Dogs midfielder Josh Dunkley and will need to satisfy the Giants on a likely late first-round pick for Jye Caldwell, who has nominated the Dons as his preferred home.

List boss Adrian Dodoro will have to navigate that difficult trade picture, having landed some complicated deals including Devon Smith and Jake Stringer in the past.
Cartlon will literally get no other deal done. Hes a useless campaigner honestly.

So Brown didn't sign with us for $850k and now he is going to sign with the bombers for $550k? Go Rama you good thing.

What was our revised offer to Brown? Or was there no offer we just took the old one off?

ANY chance Adam Treloar had of finding a new home with one of Queensland’s AFL clubs looks to be in tatters with Gold Coast unwilling to provide the unwanted Magpie a lifeline.

News Corp can reveal the Suns won’t make a play for the 27-year-old in the upcoming trade period and with Brisbane also pulling out of the race it leaves Treloar on very unsteady ground.

Gold Coast have been heavily linked to the Collingwood midfielder who has reportedly been told by the Magpies he will be up for trade.

The Suns have been meticulous with recruiting in recent seasons under head coach Stuart Dew, targeting specific players of need like Brandon Ellis, Sam Collins and Hugh Greenwood, while using high end draft picks to bring in quality young talent.

Treloar has shown no interest in moving and Gold Coast aren’t prepared to break away from its list build strategy to obtain him.

The Suns have shown interest in Adelaide Crows midfielder Rory Atkins and Richmond’s defender Oleg Markov.

Treloar’s situation is complicated. His partner Kim Ravaillion is contracted to Super Netball team Queensland Firebirds for 2021, meaning their daughter Georgie will be in Queensland too for a period.

He is currently contracted on a heavily back-ended deal until 2025 with Collingwood who may need to pay some of his salary to the club he goes to should a trade happen.

The funny thing is, if we did put our hand out for a Priority Pick, watch the narrative change from 'basket case' to 'one bad year'
It would be worth doing just for that alone.

I'm thinking of starting a footy show on Nim FM, Nimbins radio station. Did one fifteen years ago and a good mate runs the joint, if I ever float the idea he is always onboard. Every now and then the media give me the shits and I think "this time I'm gonna really do it!!!" :D but if we get screwed this year on more than one front I think I just might.

It would be great fun to publicly put the boot into the AFL every week.

I don't get it. How do we match if he wants to play somewhere else? He can choose which contract he wants. Unless he's a free agent, but now you have me doubting myself.

Restricted free agent.

Just how Adelaide can match an offer on Brad Crouch.

Match and force a trade.

Are we talking about Brown or someone else here? Ben is only out of contract, he becomes a free agent in 12 months time.

(Unless I'm falling for my own "Greenwood is a free agent" schtick here.)

Restricted free agent.

I can't find anything to confirm this...

SEN (i know they can be wrong) says "
“(North is) trying to see what they can get for him… Ultimately there is a draft pick value on Ben Brown in a transaction with another club.”

Brown is out of contract at the end of the 2020 season, but is not a free agent.

The 27-year-old has been down on form this year, managing just seven goals from seven games."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Restricted free agent.

BB is not a free agent, restricted or otherwise. He's uncontracted when this year's contract expires (I think that's after trade period finishes)

I can't find anything to confirm this...

SEN (i know they can be wrong) says "
“(North is) trying to see what they can get for him… Ultimately there is a draft pick value on Ben Brown in a transaction with another club.”

Brown is out of contract at the end of the 2020 season, but is not a free agent.

The 27-year-old has been down on form this year, managing just seven goals from seven games."

Exactly not a free agent so we can't lose him for nothing.

8ccdbc6cb16fce1f05a14b83cf32a25a6f34ea65.gif

I hope we don't recruit Treloar or Jack Higgins. Im not convinced they'd play 100 games for the club. Treloar just irritates me. Don't know if it's his hair, or the way he tried to troll Cotchin.

Higgins is the type of player who fits well at a great team, but will struggle with us. Too limited a player to warrant giving anything up for him.

Jay Clark responding to a question.

What is the latest about Ben Brown and Issac Smith joining Melbourne?

A: I think the Dees are busy behind the scenes and could bring in both of those guys if Tom McDonald leaves. They need his money out. GWS interested in McDonald. Melbourne has presented to Smith and offered a three year deal and is slightly ahead of the Bombers for Brown. Maybe on about $550-$650k.
So the rumours were we offered Brown 3 years at $750-850,000 per year, with a trigger for a 4th. But his manager said nope not enough and now he is supposedly looking at $550-650,000 with Melbourne!!!

So the rumours were we offered Brown 3 years at $750-850,000 per year, with a trigger for a 4th. But his manager said nope not enough and now he is supposedly looking at $550-650,000 with Melbourne!!!
Whisper is the deal is over 5 years. 550-650k over 5 is between 2.7 -3.2m. Our offer of 750-850k over 3 is 2.2-2.5m.

The Suns have been meticulous with recruiting in recent seasons under head coach Stuart Dew, targeting specific players of need like Brandon Ellis, Sam Collins and Hugh Greenwood, while using high end draft picks to bring in quality young talent.

What's ****ing meticulous about using extra AFL provided rescue package draft picks to bring in talented players?

Even then, they pissed one up to Geelong for some magic beans.

Maybe the writer needs to look up what meticulous means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back