List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making big assumptions here though.

He's got no track record of being a bad people person in any other role.
He's also never been locked away in a hub for months. Who knows what happened in that pressure cooker environment.

He's also never been locked away in a hub for months. Who knows what happened in that pressure cooker environment.

Fair to say several of them probably didn't show their best side though, hard to isolate one guilty party from greatly afar.

I think it is an interesting proposition, 6 and 7, not the steam...

I think the top 10 (excluding academy players would be): McDonald, Hollands, Thilthorpe, Grainger-Barras, Phillips, Bruhn, Henry, Reid, Macrae and Cook (in Twomey's phantom order).

People suspect Crows will take Thilthorpe after bidding on JUH.
That would leave Essendon to take McDonald
Would Swans go for Hollands? They might opt for GB.
Hollands would probably be gone by GC pick 5 at worst, I think that is about right for the top 5.

So the equation for us would be something like Phillips + Bruhn vs McDonald or Hollands. I think that is worth considering. I like the idea of having McDonald, Larkey and Comden up forward or Hollands in the middle but it should be something to consider. With Hollands having an ACL and there always being the unknown with high pick KPFs, they are either great or shithouse, it would be a safer bet converting pick 2, but it wouldn't be popular because people buy in to hope and the potential of a top-end KPP would be a hard carrot to pass up.

We most likely wouldnt get both Phillips and Bruhn. We have pick 6. First 5 picks will be without the Juh bid- Mcdonald, Thilthorpe, Dgb, Hollands then most likely Phillips/Bruhn. Suns would probably take Phillips.

I don’t know about that, if comben or McDonald get ready earlier then play who ever is in form. Depth in that scenario

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our lack of depth this ssn was very clear. We had comben out all year and then one of either larkey or brown was out at the same time.... meaning we only had one go to fwd and the 2nd pin was a makeshift walker or daw..... we need to have four competing I believe for the two spots and maybe sometimes they would have the option of playing 3....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mihocek, the mio threw me :p

He is 27 years old, 8 months, we may as well keep Brown.

He is a little diff to brown! He is a contested fwd which Shaw was wanting but obviously may be different now.... and be far cheaper than brown.... it was just more the depth on top of lmac

If there's any truth in that and a clubman like Tarrant was considering walking if those assistants remained, yeah, there's some serious sh*t that has gone down.

Tbh this all points to Jade, he's the most senior of the group to get axed, he also had the longest running on his contract.

Plural assistants? Or one

Yeh I don't get this argument against live trading.

They were drafted to a club for 5 minutes on paper only. They didn't pack their bags or do anything else.

They know they're now in the AFL system but they may move clubs during the very short draft period (1-2 days).

Professional athletes in the US handle it fine and it's got no consequence except some brief stress during a draft broadcast. If a draft starts Friday, come Sunday morning they know their destination.

Yeah i get the concept but dear me i suppose we could call ourself little USA cause that is all we are doing copy the Yanks at any cost. Move with the times maybe BUT why.

That was the key to his great year. Fitness. Simple as that.
he was fit the year he ran down cyril but popping his hammie was the end of that. i think he addressed a few other things as well, seemed to play a bit more within his limitations, and also payed a bit more attention to his defensive game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a bit different in the US because by the time they get drafted, players have generally already lived away from their home town/city/state through college, plus you don't have all the teams bunched into a handful of states - you could literally go anywhere within the country (or even Canada). AFL on the other hand, kids are drafted straight out of high school and living at home, so it's a different level of adjustment.

Imagine being 17, growing up in Melbourne, getting drafted by a club here and then 24 hours later you're actually going to Perth or Brisbane? Obviously you would have already prepared for the possibility but it'd still be a blow.

l thought he was hard done by. The guy wasn;t all that bad but when sent forward he struggled but did apply defensive pressure. We were full of holes everywhere and we leaked like a sieve. To me he proved himself as a backman and he would have still been good to keep as back up incase someone got injured.

It's a bit different in the US because by the time they get drafted, players have generally already lived away from their home town/city/state through college, plus you don't have all the teams bunched into a handful of states - you could literally go anywhere within the country (or even Canada). AFL on the other hand, kids are drafted straight out of high school and living at home, so it's a different level of adjustment.

Imagine being 17, growing up in Melbourne, getting drafted by a club here and then 24 hours later you're actually going to Perth or Brisbane? Obviously you would have already prepared for the possibility but it'd still be a blow.
Totally see what you are saying and you are right. I just wonder why we need to go that way is it not working the way it is or is it change just for the sake of it.

Oleg Markov = Why Dave Warner Loves

Jaspers endeavor was unquestionable.
Of course he tried.
But the club and 17 others have basically said your kicking ability is so bad you are not worth a spot on a list.

In fact in 2021, 684 footballers will be senior listed players in the AFL.
I’ll guarantee Jasper isn’t number 685 on that list who just missed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back