Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Jon Ralph

.............Anyway, the club believes there are enough clubs out there interested that the competitive pressure should still get them a pick in the 20s. As you say, it’s going to push back a long way.

Does the club actually "believe" that Jon? Can you provide us with a direct quote?

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Dear Lord that would be horrific .

Big Richard Lounder would be licking his lips at the thought of the quality ball coming his way. I think Richards effort against us doesn't receive the plaudits it deserves .

He was the original "shitmen". 50% of his career marks against us . 90% of his goals yep against us. 75% of his disposals vs us. he only had three handballs in his four career games , all against us. That has to be a record for someone with more than one game, anywhere and any level.

View attachment 993561

That wasn't a pretty day
Did he have any kids? Would be good to draft one then try to insert them into any trade - "we'll throw in a second Lounder".

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Tom Browne-nose reporting Josh Dunkley requesting a trade to *Scum..

1. Tom is 99% full of 💩
2. If he is the other 1% on this particular occasion then Caldwell might be a chance for us..

Tom Browne-nose reporting Josh Dunkley requesting a trade to *Scum..

1. Tom is 99% full of 💩
2. If he is the other 1% on this particular occasion then Caldwell might be a chance for us..

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So we ask for two first rounders despite you, literally two hours earlier, saying:

We're not getting two first rounders and you know it. We laugh at Dodoro's trade requests but at least they have been consistent that they want to keep their players.

Whether his manager was being a dick or not, we've done ourselves a dis-service by telling him to leave. Though I still would prefer we kept him, I do get the currency/rebuild argument. But that has to work for us. And if all we get is a pick in the 20s, then I don't think that's a win for us.

I would suggest that Kingy highlighting some soft efforts against the * might have more to do with his current perceived value, then us saying you are on the trade table, remind what did the Braves get for Stringer, he wasn't even allowed to clean out his locker.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thing is, if there was a personal falling out between Brown/Rama and club that has made him untenable, the club can't exactly make that public.

Unfortunately it's human nature to only trust a process or approach if you agree with it or immediately see the benefit. The club really needs supporters to trust it more than ever right now.

Thewlis, we rarely agree this time of year, you are normally quite happy for every North Player to be steak knives and I like to think most are worth 2 first rounders, but in what you write above I do agree, well said. for those looking for a reference point we paid pick 30 for Sav, let's hope we do better selling Brown.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What is the North Melbourne fan opinion/perspective on Sean Higgins. Is he an expendable asset to help rebuild, a required player that shouldn’t be traded, cooked and desperate to get off the books? What’s the deal?

he looks pretty fit mate, I would suggest as a Cat B rookie you can get him pretty cheap

1603522913310.png

The chorus

All Australian
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Q: Does anyone at NMFC realise that a mid-20’s pick (for Brown) probably ends up in the mid 30’s after compensation, father sons, academy picks, etc? Then we have the most uncertain draft in history with no clear sight of any Victorian kids. (edited)

Jon Ralph
Yep, I really like what they are doing to tip the list on its head but I can’t work out the strategy on Ben Brown. He was told his style didn’t suit the club and the game-plan which was going to be kicking it down the line and then going inboard if they got over half way. Surely no game plan stands up like that these days.
Well I agree with Jon Ralph that a game plan based on kicking it down the line wouldn't stand up these days. Hopefully a change of coach will lead to a change of game plan as what we dished up this year was boring to watch and it certainly didn't stand up as indicated by a 3-14 record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back