List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton has backed out at the last minute on an Adam Saad deal with Essendon
Essendon and Carlton had all but agreed on a deal for Adam Saad until the Blues backed out in a surprise twist at the last minute.
Jay Clark and Michael Warner, News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

similars

Carlton has backed out at the last minute on an Adam Saad deal with Essendon.

The Herald Sun understands the Bombers and Blues had all but agreed on a deal for the speedy defender last night after a marathon three-hour negotiation.
Saad’s managers Marty Pask and John Meesen from Kapital Sports played a central role in the talks to help break the impasse and the Bombers were also keen to get moving.

To break the deadlock, Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro was prepared to give Carlton Saad and a third-round pick in return for pick No. 8 and a future fourth-round choice from Carlton.

That way, Essendon was happy to receive pick No. 8 but help boost the Blues’ third-round draft position in return.

Sources this morning said the proposal was a fair deal for the gun linebreaker.

But just as talks were set to be finalised with the Blues, Carlton backed out, leaving Saad’s future back up in the air ahead of tomorrow night’s 7.30pm deadline.

It was said talks were calm and respectful until the last-minute surprise twist.

It is understood Saad’s camp is frustrated by the stalemate after positive progress on a deal last night.

Essendon and Carlton had all but agreed on a deal for Adam Saad until the Blues backed out in a surprise twist at the last minute.

similars

The Herald Sun understands the Bombers and Blues had all but agreed on a deal for the speedy defender last night after a marathon three-hour negotiation.
Saad’s managers Marty Pask and John Meesen from Kapital Sports played a central role in the talks to help break the impasse and the Bombers were also keen to get moving.

To break the deadlock, Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro was prepared to give Carlton Saad and a third-round pick in return for pick No. 8 and a future fourth-round choice from Carlton.

That way, Essendon was happy to receive pick No. 8 but help boost the Blues’ third-round draft position in return.

But just as talks were set to be finalised with the Blues, Carlton backed out, leaving Saad’s future back up in the air ahead of tomorrow night’s 7.30pm deadline.

It was said talks were calm and respectful until the last-minute surprise twist.

It is understood Saad’s camp is frustrated by the stalemate after positive progress on a deal last night.

tazaa

similars

Aw-some.

I detest Carlton but they can just walk away already having pocketed Williams.

* now have a player who doesn't want to return. (karma don't get me on this)

"Sources this morning said the proposal was a fair deal for the gun linebreaker."

Yeh I bet * sources said as much.

Aw-some.

"Sources this morning said the proposal was a fair deal for the gun linebreaker."

They've backed out of the deal. Not getting Saad.

My worry with Stephenson is he's soft as sh*t and struggles defensively. He really needs to develop a harder edge or the second chance he might be getting from us will be short lived.

He's been on the outside at Collingwood for a while now and considering they're seemingly desperate to get rid of his contract I'd be offering a 3rd rounder at best.

I'll be disappointed if we give up anything more than this for him.

More tackles inside the forward 50 and pressure acts than Zoohar this year.

"Pies will be asked to contribute to a contract worth nearly 600k a season"
So this potential trade could be happening not because we have an unlimited salary cap, but because Collingwood are so desperate that Brady has them bent over a barrel.
My guess is we pay something like roughly $400k of his salary next year which is still overs, but not enough to break the bank. Then a higher % the year after once we get a few other high earners either off our books or on smaller contracts. I mean, if we still had the warchest™ then surely we would just be paying the whole thing next year :think: but what do I know...

It's pretty obvious that Collingwood are salary dumping to free up funds for re-signing DeGoey, i rememberin Figjam's post finals humiliation presser, he stated it was only a matter of $$$$'s to get his signature, Darcy Moore has already been done, much more dumping to be done yet

"The Herald Sun understands Brady Rawlings is currently fisting the living s**t out of Ned Guy"

I get the salary dump etc, but a 21 year old former number 5 pick who won the Rising Star award only a couple of years ago.. If Pruess is worth 33 then I wouldn’t be upset if we paid 20 for him.
Preussisnot worth pick 33. What a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The Herald Sun understands Brady Rawlings is currently fisting the living sh*t out of Ned Guy"
Don't jinx it ffs.

similars

Another one for the PSD?!

similars

So good!
Great to see * and particularly Dodoro being stuffed around.
Trump out, 12 days of donuts in Victoria ,a vaccine around the corner and Essendon being bent over.
All is well in the world!

similars

Oh boy, sh!t just went up next level.

Not knocking it at all. However, I find the transformation of Brady Rawlings into a messiah-like figure quite amusing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My worry with Stephenson is he's soft as sh*t and struggles defensively. He really needs to develop a harder edge or the second chance he might be getting from us will be short lived.

He's been on the outside at Collingwood for a while now and considering they're seemingly desperate to get rid of his contract I'd be offering a 3rd rounder at best.

I'll be disappointed if we give up anything more than this for him.

I agree he is a bit soft but we have enough players that are hard as a cats head who’s skills are lacking. Stephenson is like Polec for me, we need to focus on what they can do and what they can add to our 22. They can add pace, break the lines, outside run and elite skills. All those traits are what we lack. We have to many with poor skills like Ziebell, Anderson, Hall, Tyson. I mean those guys will never shirk a contest but they stuff us royally going into the fwd 50.

Actually hall might shirk one 😂 but anyway, it reminds me when Brandon Ellis was in and out of the tigers line up for a bit but Hardwick came out and said something along the lines of, I need to focus on what he can do for us, not what he can’t. Ellis then went and consolidated his spot in the 22 again.

Aw-some.

I think we need a "fair deal -off" between Geelong and *.

I just don't understand how Saad could possibly be worth a top ten pick. You only trade top 10 picks for proven A-Grade talent.

Yes, he is a line breaking half back but he is a poor defender and doesn't exactly accumulate the footy. I just don't understand how a club would even entertain a first round pick for an uncontracted B Grade level half back.

Not to mention the fact that you'd rather have the ball in Docherty or Newman's hands as they use the footy better.

A back line with Z.Williams, Saad, Newman and Docherty is going to concede a shitload of goals to small/medium sized forwards next year.

Not knocking it at all. However, I find the transformation of Brady Rawlings into a messiah-like figure quite amusing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Easy to look like the messiah compared to the predecessor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back